Aller au contenu
publicité

Place du SPECTRUM / Complexe SIDEV - 26 étages (2011)

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

Anyone who owns a home knows that being a few minutes away from these big surface stores is mega practical... and a must.

but I guess most of island-Montréalers are renters and have no idea what goes into maintaining a home (because they trash it before moving out).

publicité
  • Réponses 623
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

Anyone who owns a home knows that being a few minutes away from these big surface stores is mega practical... and a must.

but I guess most of island-Montréalers are renters and have no idea what goes into maintaining a home (because they trash it before moving out).

C'est un immense préjugé ça... Une connaissance à moi possède une quarantaine de logements situés un peu partout à Montréal, et dans de très rares cas les locataires laissent les appartements en piteux état.

Du moins, rien qui ne nécessite plus que du matériel peu couteux qui se trouve à n'importe quelle quincaillerie de quartier.

you went from a cogent point (the practicality of large-surface stores) and then descended to a sort of weird culture-war swipe (all renters trash their apartments).

C'est un immense préjugé ça... Une connaissance à moi possède une quarantaine de logements situés un peu partout à Montréal, et dans de très rares cas les locataires laissent les appartements en piteux état.

Du moins, rien qui ne nécessite plus que du matériel peu couteux qui se trouve à n'importe quelle quincaillerie de quartier.

Ça doit être un side effect d'habiter dans la Monarchie de Vaillancourt que de développer des préjugés du genre. ;)

You guys are way too anti-entrepreunerials. Do I give a shit that there's 7948 Aldo on the same block?? As long as the store is busy, employs people and pays it taxes, good for them.

Geez, get over yourselves.

lol @ pops and moms stores being cheaper implied in this thread....

I never said pops and moms stores were cheaper. Although they can be, when they aren't selling electronics, or if you're looking for high end electronics that Best Buy, Futureshop, Dumoulin, etc. don't carry.

Regardless, Best Buy is a rip-off. Go ahead, call me anti-entrepreneurial because I refuse to pay $500 more than I should for a LCD model that's two years old.

Off topic and another one of my utopian dreams, but I'd love to see residential towers built on top of the Costco and the Réno-Dépôt at Marché Centrale.

Would you live in the Marché Central??

Si le chapeau de locataire crotté vous fait, je comprends pourquoi vous vous frustrez au sujet de mon commentaire... sinon je ne comprends pas votre réaction ici.

Je généralise? peut-être. Tant pis.

Mes parents aussi ont des unités en locations, et c'est chiant de les voir suer année après année,...

I never said pops and moms stores were cheaper. Although they can be, when they aren't selling electronics, or if you're looking for high end electronics that Best Buy, Futureshop, Dumoulin, etc. don't carry.

Regardless, Best Buy is a rip-off. Go ahead, call me anti-entrepreneurial because I refuse to pay $500 more than I should for a LCD model that's two years old.

Please please, do tell me about those hidden gem stores you seem the only one to know about... :rolleyes:

Because I've been in a market for a hi-end plasma tv, and there's no way a small pops and moms shop can beat those large chains... actually, if you want the best deal, you should simply drive south of the border.

Please please, do tell me about those hidden gem stores you seem the only one to know about...

For a plasma TV (and I recommend LCD or the other LED variants), buy online. Best Buy can't and won't beat those prices.

If you want a high end audio system (anything better than Yamaha or Harman Kardon), then you're going to have to either buy online, or go to independent audio stores. Best Buy just doesn't carry brands like Denon or TEAC. Heck, they don't even carry Pioneer's Elite TVs.

You can buy these from Layton Audio, Son Ideal, and there's another one Drummond but I've forgotten the name. And these are only the ones downtown.

Bite you're tongue before you accuse someone of making things up. It makes you sound like an ideological prick.

For a plasma TV (and I recommend LCD or the other LED variants), buy online. Best Buy can't and won't beat those prices.

If you want a high end audio system (anything better than Yamaha or Harman Kardon), then you're going to have to either buy online, or go to independent audio stores. Best Buy just doesn't carry brands like Denon or TEAC. Heck, they don't even carry Pioneer's Elite TVs.

You can buy these from Layton Audio, Son Ideal, and there's another one Drummond but I've forgotten the name. And these are only the ones downtown.

Bite you're tongue before you accuse someone of making things up. It makes you sound like an ideological prick.

Mais les petits magasins auront pas mes beaux Monster Cables pour brancher ma belle grosse TV pour impressionner mes beaux voisins hypocrites dans ma belle McMansion!

Je généralise? Who cares!