Aller au contenu

Messages recommendés

I don't see that happening easily. Currently, many condo associations have French-only communication - many of my anglophone friends complain about this.

It's not easy to make such a big investment if you feel you can't even understand what's going on in your building, and when everyone around you is complaining about the province or threatening to leave.

1995 est passé ya longtemps déjà :-P

Sent from my SGH-S730M using Tapatalk

• Réponses 1,2k
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

Membres prolifiques

Photos publiées

I don't see that happening easily. Currently, many condo associations have French-only communication - many of my anglophone friends complain about this.

It's not easy to make such a big investment if you feel you can't even understand what's going on in your building, and when everyone around you is complaining about the province or threatening to leave.

who do they complain too? Between themselves at Starbucks or to their condo manager? In my condo, all communications are bilingual except for the year end report. This is something that many managers can do if asked politely to do so and if there is enough demand in the building.

My point was that all those complaints and threats generate bad rep - and bad rep is never good to attract investors. Even if they don't end up moving anywhere, this resentment and discontent will affect potential buyers' decisions.

The comment was made in response to someone who hoped that the Asian community will buy up and keep the projects afloat. I'm just pointing out that we're not exactly building the environment for this to happen.

Saying things like "just figure it out" or "just move out" does not help the situation in any way.

My point was that all those complaints and threats generate bad rep - and bad rep is never good to attract investors. Even if they don't end up moving anywhere, this resentment and discontent will affect potential buyers' decisions.

The comment was made in response to someone who hoped that the Asian community will buy up and keep the projects afloat. I'm just pointing out that we're not exactly building the environment for this to happen.

Saying things like "just figure it out" or "just move out" does not help the situation in any way.

I'm part of a groups of friends that has invested in condos here and in other countries. I can tell you this: None of us care one bit about language, we care about ROI. Our two condos in Shanghai produce year-end reports completely in Chinese which none of us can actually read. Nor did most of the sales people at the time speak English, French or Italian.

In the end, we care about the market conditions and while those same conditions have caused us to liquidate most of our Quebec-based assets, if things change our money will be reinvested here, regardless of language. :)

• Like 1

Je suis administrateur de condos et je ne commencerai pas à communiquer dans deux langues, ou trois tant qu'à y être car nous avons aussi des mexicains dans la copropriété. C'est déjà assez le bénévolat en tant qu'administrateur, non merci pour faire du travail en double.

This is totally off topic but it is not normal to live in Montréal and not ne able to read french if you are english or english if you are french.

Ok if you have been here for less than 2 or 3 years, but more than that? You are off track