Aller au contenu
publicité

Messages recommendés

No word from the city about this in any publication for Place Bethune but the Concordia website gave me this info:

From Jan. 12 until Oct. 30 work will begin on the tunnel linking the GM and LB buildings. The tunnel will be roughly 120 metres long and 4 metres wide.

The work will start at GM Building just east of the main entrance and move progressively east to join the existing LB tunnel.

Piling work going east from the GM Building from Jan 12 until April will be the noisiest period. After that, the excavation work from February until May 2009 will begin, starting from the GM building moving east. The next stage will be the concrete work starting in March until September 2009.

The portion west of Mackay will be completed by September 2009. The portion east of Mackay will be completed by Oct. 2009. The City will then complete the south side of Place Bethune taking until Dec. 2009.

The opening of the tunnel is planned for early December 2009.

Again, as in all construction work, the dates are subject to change.

http://news.concordia.ca/special_note/013982.shtml

publicité
Moi j'aimerais bien que le Vieux-Montréal soit relié au métro Sherbrooke, Berri et Saint-Laurent. :)

not sure why you want sherbrooke or berri seeing the u can take square victoria or place d'arme or the other metro station to the other two. i do understand an underground walk-way to st laurent metro

there is a portion of square victoria you can walk underground up to beaver hall or something then it stops, i wish it went directly to the Bay

there is a portion of square victoria you can walk underground up to beaver hall or something then it stops, i wish it went directly to the Bay

It is possible to reach The Bay from Square-Victoria, use the hallway that goes to Place de la Cité Internationnale, then to Place Bonaventure, then you can make it to the Central Station, then Place Ville-Marie and finally the Eaton Centre, which is link to The Bay. The problems are that is very hard to not get lost on your way and it takes at least double the time it would if you would be walking outside. Good luck !

Très bonne nouvelle... J'espère que la ville souteraine de Montréal continuera à s'agrandir pour préservé son rang de plus grande cité souteraine dans le monde... J'ose esperer qu'il construiront qqchose de moderne et magnifique pour en améliore l'aspect...

En passant, que signifient les initial GM et LB (Louis Bohème(?))?

En passant, que signifient les initial GM et LB (Louis Bohème(?))?

GM is the Guy Metro building, on the southeast corner of Guy and de Masionneuve and LB is the Library building on the south side of de Maisonneuver between Mackay and Bishop.

The Library building is already connected underground to the Hall biulding on the north side of de Maisonneuve and the Guy Metro building is connected to the new EV building just to the south of it, which in turn is connected to the new John Molson building on the other side of Guy street. This new tunnel will allow students to move betweetn the 4 largest building and the metro without going outside.

It is possible to reach The Bay from Square-Victoria, use the hallway that goes to Place de la Cité Internationnale, then to Place Bonaventure, then you can make it to the Central Station, then Place Ville-Marie and finally the Eaton Centre, which is link to The Bay. The problems are that is very hard to not get lost on your way and it takes at least double the time it would if you would be walking outside. Good luck !

i know and its a pain in the ass, it be better if it was direct.

honestly some parts of the underground city, i end up walking outside seeing its way quicker to get where i need to be