Aller au contenu

Messages recommendés

what's up with the Hall building's escalators? Why do they break down all the time? And where's the 3rd floor?

Some escalators are purposefully turned off at certain times of the day for some reason that i don't remember now. I think it had to do with sparing them from excessive load or something, i don't know.

Will the new JMSB be connected to the Guy Metro? Are there any plans to connect the Hall/Library buildings to the Metro as well?

The Faubourg is a weird place to have class, the basement resembles an old movie theater... The LS building (2015 Drummond) is neat place to have class as well, kind of Art-Deco inside.

Yeah, they dug up Guy street last summer to put in the tunnel between the EV building and JMSB .. there are preliminary plans to link up the EV building to the library, which itself is already connected to the Hall building. Once this is done, Concordia students theoretically will never have to go outside! (I will be long graduated by the time this happens though)

I always find it strange to have a class in the Faubourg basement, since I remember seeing Jurassic Park there as a kid, and now having to sit in class in the same area!

Does anyone know when the face lift of this building will start?

To answer your question, I found this:

The 40-year-old building exterior requires work to bring it up to current building standards. Renovations will take place in 2009-10 and will include replacing 1960s single-pane windows with energy-saving windows, structural maintenance and repair, and upgrading of the building exterior to harmonize with adjacent and nearby new Concordia buildings.

After the move to the new JMSB Building all administrative units will be consolidated in the Guy-Métro Building in 2009-10.

http://buildings.concordia.ca/sgw/guy.php

So I guess that means after they are done building the JMSB building (which will officially open Sept. 2009). One thing at a time I guess.

what's up with the Hall building's escalators? Why do they break down all the time? And where's the 3rd floor?

I actually spoke to someone who go lost in the 3rd floor in the H-Building.

You can get in there by taking one of the private elevators or through the fire exit stairs.

The 3rd floor is actually just a room for storage. My friend went in there by accident once, and got lost. It was basically janitor equipment and etc. The floor is actually only about 7ft high lol

Yeah, they dug up Guy street last summer to put in the tunnel between the EV building and JMSB .. there are preliminary plans to link up the EV building to the library, which itself is already connected to the Hall building. Once this is done, Concordia students theoretically will never have to go outside! (I will be long graduated by the time this happens though)

I always find it strange to have a class in the Faubourg basement, since I remember seeing Jurassic Park there as a kid, and now having to sit in class in the same area!

That place use to be a movie theater?

That place use to be a movie theater?

Not all of the building but the basement was. The entrance to the movie theater was about in the center of the building. I too used to go to this movie theater. I remember seeing Star Wars (or was it Star Trek ?) movie there...

• 3 semaines plus tard...