Aller au contenu
publicité

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

Je n'ai pas dit que que le projet de la ligne rose était l'équivalent du projet du REM de l'Est, mais seulement que l'annonce de ce dernier avait relégué l'autre aux oubliettes -- ce qui n'aurait pas été grave en soi puisque Montréal-Nord aurait été desservi quand même, en plus d'offrir un nouvel axe nord-sud (Lacordaire), et surtout de desservir  Pointe-aux-Trembles.  Le problème, c'est que l'idée d'une structure aérienne au centre-ville dans le projet de REM de l'Est suscite beaucoup de controverse, ce qui retarde la décision de procéder, et pourrait même compromettre tout le projet si aucune solution satisfaisante n'est trouvée.   

publicité
Il y a 6 heures, Enalung a dit :

I've said it before, the scale on that composite image is wrong.

Thanks for this. I had not read your previous comment(s) because when I first heard the news I was so upset that I decided I would no longer visit this section of MTLURB. I am still upset, but at least those who think this is a great idea no longer need to fear for their lives. 😎

That being said, I never thought this composite image was made to scale. As you probably know it comes from the cartoon section of La Presse and when Serge Chapleau created it he just wanted to pass a message and was mainly driven by an artistic intention. After all he is a graduate of the École des Beau-arts, not Polytechnique. 😛

Still, I am happy that you responded to my posting because I did not realize until then that the structure was actually quite a bit bigger than what is represented here (and below as well). But unfortunately some people still think that the visual impact can be reduced to an acceptable level. Well, the architects that took part in the initial design thought that there were no acceptable solutions for an above-ground REM downtown Montréal and I share "their view."

e3f445d968413dc0b3c17f5373ffa0dc.jpeg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Enalung said:

I've said it before, the scale on that composite image is wrong. There is a pillar in the middle of a 2 lane wide street. There's at least twice the distance required to cross a 2 lane street in between each pillars. This also implies that the scale of the deck is wrong. It would occupy even more space then on this image. We're talking about a 10 meter wide deck on a 35~40 meter wide street, meaning that the deck occupies between a third and a quarter of the space. Assuming that the measures I have on Google Maps are accurate, the pillars are 2.25 meters wide. They just barely fit in the existing median.

and, and and... now imagine this mess with added poles & wires for the catenary and street-wide stations!

I’ve flip-flopped back and forth between the downtown segment’s (lack of) social and aesthetic acceptability, but the one thing that sticks with me — the one reason I hope the elevated downtown section never gets built — is what I posted earlier: without identifying an actual, data-proven need for this segment to be built, we can’t accept it as presented. The proposed passenger capacity numbers don’t warrant it, and the O/D forecasts haven’t been made public (probably precisely because they don’t identify a need for it).

On no planet should we accept the René-Lévesque segment as proposed if the maximum capacity at launch will be just 10,500 PPHD, and the theoretical maximum (with virtually infeasible 80-second headways) is fewer than 16,000.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

il y a 35 minutes, SameGuy a dit :

I’ve flip-flopped back and forth between the downtown segment’s (lack of) social and aesthetic acceptability, but the one thing that sticks with me — the one reason I hope the elevated downtown section never gets built — is what I posted earlier: without identifying an actual, data-proven need for this segment to be built, we can’t accept it as presented. The proposed passenger capacity numbers don’t warrant it, and the O/D forecasts haven’t been made public (probably precisely because they don’t identify a need for it).

On no planet should we accept the René-Lévesque segment as proposed if the maximum capacity at launch will be just 10,500 PPHD, and the theoretical maximum (with virtually infeasible 80-second headways) is fewer than 16,000.

This 👆 

I don’t think I would be ready to accept a massive, probably ugly, aerial structure over René-Lévesque even if it was to build a « heavy metro » with real capacity. But for the lowest denominator of « light metro », with the hourly capacity of a mere dedicated-lane tramway, I don’t see a strong enough argument to justify that kind of sacrifice.

I would rather have a slower dedicated-lane tramway on Notre-Dame and René-Lévesque than an automated aerial REM there to be honest, and I am by no mean a fan of tramway over long distances. In an ideal world, I would love for the government to redesign Notre-Dame as an urban boulevard and take advantage of the construction to build by cut-and-cover an underground system. It could connect to the Lacordaire tunnel. And if the cost is too high to justify a tunnel under René-Lévesque, then simply don’t build it at first. Once the green line will be over-capacity, maybe the cost will be more justified/acceptable. 

Modifié par Internist
  • Like 1

Il y a 10 heures, Né entre les rapides a dit :

"Favorable au projet": sous quelle forme?  Avec une structure surélevée au milieu de René-Lévesque?  Vraiment?  L'image que tu as composée m'a laissé un mauvais goût dans la bouche  (je sais que ce n'est pas du tout ta préférence).

Il n'y a pas eu à cet effet de déclarations officielles d'aucune des parties (Plante, Coderre ou Legault) du genre "je suis en faveur de, ou contre ceci ou cela," cependant on peut facilement lire entre les lignes et comprendre que Valérie est contre alors que Denis et François sont pour. D'où mon utilisation du terme "implicitement."

Pour ce qui est des diverses compositions aucune ne sont de moi. Malheureusement je ne connais pas les sources respectives et ne peut donc les mentionner comme il se devrait. Par contre je peux préciser que la composition « avant/après » est de Serge Chapleau, le célèbre caricaturiste de La Presse.

Il y a 10 heures, Né entre les rapides a dit :

Si j'avais le choix entre cela et rien, je préférerais RIEN.

Je me disais exactement la même chose: je préfèrerais me priver du REM de l'Est plutôt que de défigurer le centre-ville. Dès l'annonce de ce projet insensé je m'étais alors dit à peu près ceci:

"Bin voyons-donc! Ils veulent créer un nouveau boulevard Métropolitain sur René-Lévesque! Ça pas de maudit bon sens!" 👹

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Rocco said:

Plus beau boulevard faut pas charrier, totalement inhospitalier au piéton avec 3 voies de char dans chaque direction, pratiquement pas d'arbres, et jamais refait en 50 ans. Maintenant, non ça justifie pas le tracé aérien, mais y'a clairement de quoi à faire de mieux qu'actuellement.

En 88 on inaugurait les dernières stations de la ligne bleue, on l'a creusée fin des 70s et début des 80s. Ça fait plus de 45 ans qu'on a pas creusé de tunnels à Montréal. L'expertise s'est perdue, et nos ingénieurs boboches ont remplacé le savoir faire d'autrefois. Juste à regarder la catastrophe du nouveau Turcot que tout le monde vante mais qui est digne d'un pays du tiers monde.

On vient de creuser plus de 1km au garage côte vertu avec des haveuses. 

• Thanks 1

il y a une heure, Internist a dit :

I would rather have a slower dedicated-lane tramway on Notre-Dame and René-Lévesque than an automated aerial REM there to be honest, and I am by no mean a fan of tramway over long distances.

If they don't want to dig, it's actually the only acceptable alternative.

il y a une heure, Internist a dit :

And if the cost is too high to justify a tunnel under René-Lévesque, then simply don’t build it at first.

Voilà!

The REM is a very nice system but unfortunately is not a practical solution for downtown Montréal and would be extremely detrimental to the quality of life of this area of the city. It's mind-boggling to just think that they would even consider this scenario, let alone making it the only acceptable solution for them.

I can't help but think that this might be one of the reasons why Macky Tall left CDPQ.

• Like 1

il y a 31 minutes, Normand Hamel a dit :

If they don't want to dig, it's actually the only acceptable alternative.

Voilà!

The REM is a very nice system but unfortunately is not a practical solution for downtown Montréal and would be extremely detrimental to the quality of life of this area of the city. It's mind-boggling to just think that they would even consider this scenario, let alone making it the only acceptable solution for them.

I can't help but think that this might be one of the reasons why Macky Tall left CDPQ.

Er no, ne crois pas que tout le monde sauf les gens à l'intérieur de la CDPQi trouve que le REM de l'Est est aberrant.

Macky a quitté parce qu'il n'a pas été élu à la place de Charles. It's not all about the REM de l'Est.

Pour ce qui est du REM de l'Est, je préfère une annulation (ou plutôt kicker la canne à après le tronçon rive-sud) qu'un tramway sur-terre. BAD IDEA.

• Like 2