Aller au contenu

Pont Samuel-De Champlain

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

Lire les commentaires sur Internet et les réseaux sociaux, c'est juste un moyen de se déprimer. C'est comme boire le jus d'un fond de poubelle. On est pas obliger de s'exposer à ça, il y a de l'eau plus propre ailleurs. C'est toujours le monde avec les pires opinions qui sentent le besoin de s'exprimer publiquement aussi souvent.

Les petites communautés comme Mtlurb est un filtre pour le contenu et les participations de qualité.

I have to use the new bridge in an hour to get back home and I'm kinda freaking out not knowing what kinda rubberneck nightmare I'm getting myself into. The new bridge isn't on google maps! So we have no way of knowing if we should be taking the Mercier instead... 

Je viens d'apprendre un fait intéressant sur la conception du pont: la hauteur du pylône principal était limitée par l'aéroport de Saint-Hubert!

Wind tunnel testing showing in the foreground the full aeroelastic model of the new bridge in its final configuration and the existing bridge in the background is presented in Fig. 5. In this figure, it is interesting to note the height of the new main span tower in comparison to the existing steel through-truss cantilever bridge. The height of the new bridge is in fact limited by the zone of no obstruction for aircraft landing at the nearby Saint Hubert Airport.

https://ir.lib.uwo.ca/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1167&context=csce2016

As a bus user, we are screwed till the REM is functional. The bus will have to cross traffic 3 times and for some reason, they have two lanes merging for something like 400 meters before the breakdown lane/ bus lane instead of one lane 50 meters.

It would have made way more sense to have the bus lane the fourth lane.

• Like 2