Aller au contenu

Bar/Nightlife

Messages recommendés

• 2 mois plus tard...

We'll be getting a 24H nightlife district soon. Announcement early next year. 

I've been to some of those 36H events this past year, they've been successful. This is badly needed and if the zone they choose is downtown (assuming QDS) it's a huge win for downtown 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Il y a 3 heures, Djentmaster001 a dit :

We'll be getting a 24H nightlife district soon. Announcement early next year. 

I've been to some of those 36H events this past year, they've been successful. This is badly needed and if the zone they choose is downtown (assuming QDS) it's a huge win for downtown 

What about the crybabies that moved in downtown hoping that it would be calm and quiet like a sleepy suburb cul-de-sac?  They will NIMBYze.  Does that mean the city will stop caving to the demands of NIMBYs?  I mean, they don't listen to people who oppose bicycle lanes, will they stop listening to people who oppose noise in designed-to-be-noisy neighbourhoods too?

11 hours ago, ToxiK said:

What about the crybabies that moved in downtown hoping that it would be calm and quiet like a sleepy suburb cul-de-sac?  They will NIMBYze.  Does that mean the city will stop caving to the demands of NIMBYs?  I mean, they don't listen to people who oppose bicycle lanes, will they stop listening to people who oppose noise in designed-to-be-noisy neighbourhoods too?

I'm on the opinion that NIMBYS deserve a foot up their ass, so if the city bends to their complaints, that's what the other foot is for.

• D'accord 2

il y a 27 minutes, Djentmaster001 a dit :

I'm on the opinion that NIMBYS deserve a foot up their ass, so if the city bends to their complaints, that's what the other foot is for.

If you want to put a foot in Montréal's ass, you'll need to take its head out of it first...

🦶

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

This is probably the announcement that excites me the most for Montreal in 2023. With only a few days left to twenty-twenty-three, I don't believe anything will top it! This is a costless incentive to bring people to downtown. Montreal is already known for its nightlife. Why not make it a staple of the city? I never understood why after-hours were illegal in the first place. 

• D'accord 4

• 4 semaines plus tard...

I have to read this in depth, however, 24H nightlife only for Quartier Latin but not Crescent? The whole downtown should be a 24/7 zone. 

Happy to see they officially expanded downtown boundaries

Looks like no incentives to reduce taxes or ask the province for powers to grant tax breaks/credits to build units... nor reduce red tape. 

Socially mixed language again... clearly won't work anymore, typical jargon... how long will those 15K units take to build? At this pace it'll be 20 years...

Edit: had a proper look, what a mediocre plan... typical

• Like 1
  • D'accord 1