Aller au contenu

Bar/Nightlife

Messages recommendés

Le 2023-01-30 à 20:17, KOOL a dit :

À regarder le nombre astronomique de réactions, je suis sérieusement en train de me demander si je suis le seul à être allé prendre quelques plusieurs bières dans cet incontournable de la rue Saint-Denis ? O.o

Cette fermeture est un malsain supplice et force est de constater où s'en vont certaines institutions comme le Archamblault récemment tombé aux mains du laboratoire de la mixité urbaine. RIP le Saint Sulpice & Cheers to you ! 🍻

Je viens de voir ton message. Et moi aussi ça m'a fait un petit pincement au coeur d'apprendre que le St-Sulpice fermait ses portes.

C'était notre tradition d'aller sur la terrasse aussitôt que la température le permettait...j'ai passé plusieurs nuits bien agréable dans cet établissement, et pas seulement sur la terrasse en arrière!

• Like 2

4) Changements de culture, les jeunes ne sortent plus aussi souvent, ou aussi tard, il y avait 5 after hours au centre ville de Montréal a un moment donné, innombrables discothèques... maintenant il n'en reste plus que un afterhour, beaucoup moins de discothèques. Il y avait des festivals de danse toute la nuit, maintenant c'est assez rare.

Tellement vrai! Les jeunes d'aujourd'hui ne sortent plus. Ils préfèrent rester encabané et sur leurs cells que d'aller rencontrer des gens "face à face"!

• Like 1
  • D'accord 2

2 hours ago, Habsfan said:

Tellement vrai! Les jeunes d'aujourd'hui ne sortent plus. Ils préfèrent rester encabané et sur leurs cells que d'aller rencontrer des gens "face à face"!

I'm sorry but this is a very "boomer" take lol... 

People still very much like to go out. A reason for the lower frequency might be the fact that a pint is $10 - $12 + tax these days...

• Administrateur
34 minutes ago, budgebandit said:

I'm sorry but this is a very "boomer" take lol... 

People still very much like to go out. A reason for the lower frequency might be the fact that a pint is $10 - $12 + tax these days...

I’m sorry but I have been in nightlife for over 20 years and it’s absolutely true. You have to look at these things on the long term. With social media and dating app you don’t need to go to bars to mingle. Mingling is done virtually at the expense of nightlife venues. Your comment about the beer being expensive that’s a new thing, and it’s not helping either. What doesn’t help either is your boomer comment which is not appreciated. 

• Administrateur
57 minutes ago, denpanosekai said:

Local offer is a ton better these days anyway. Why would I go on crescent or st denis when I have messorem spitting distance. Lots of great pubs in Verdun nowadays too. 

What kind of nightlife is this, closes at 11pm 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, mtlurb said:

I’m sorry but I have been in nightlife for over 20 years and it’s absolutely true. You have to look at these things on the long term. With social media and dating app you don’t need to go to bars to mingle. Mingling is done virtually at the expense of nightlife venues. Your comment about the beer being expensive that’s a new thing, and it’s not helping either. What doesn’t help either is your boomer comment which is not appreciated. 

There are a lot more "nightlife" options today than there were 20 years ago (and they are spread out over a much larger geographic area). Maybe people aren't going to traditional "nightclubs", but they are still very much going out. 

Prohibitive costs and a labour shortage (establishments closing earlier than usual) are the two factors that are most negatively affecting MTL nightlife. 

• Administrateur

Quoi de mieux pour aider l'industrie que 2 hausses des prix sur la matière première....

Au Québec:

Augmentation surprise des prix à la SAQ

La majorité des produits seront plus chers car la société d'État va se prendre davantage de profit par bouteille

https://www.journaldemontreal.com/2024/02/12/la-saq-a-besoin-de-10-m

Au fédéral:

La taxe d’accise fédérale sur les bières, les vins et les spiritueux augmentent le 1er avril de chaque année. L’année 2024 ne fera pas exception; la taxe sur l’alcool connaîtra une augmentation de 4,7%.

https://www.journaldemontreal.com/2023/12/29/attachez-vos-tuques-a-peu-pres-tout-augmentera-en-2024#:~:text=Taxe fédérale sur l'alcool en hausse%3A&text=L'année 2024 ne fera,augmentation de 4%2C7%

• Sad 1

• Administrateur
On 2/9/2024 at 9:46 PM, budgebandit said:

There are a lot more "nightlife" options today than there were 20 years ago (and they are spread out over a much larger geographic area). Maybe people aren't going to traditional "nightclubs", but they are still very much going out. 

Prohibitive costs and a labour shortage (establishments closing earlier than usual) are the two factors that are most negatively affecting MTL nightlife. 

I still don't agree with you on the first part of your post, I am absolutely certain there used to be more bars (not closing at 11pm lol), and if I am wrong they were much more concentrated which gave life to the word nightlife.

Many of us dislike American/Canadian cities saying that "downtown are dead" at night as the main reason being bars are spread out across a huge geographical area. 

Well, guess what, its now the same here too...  :( 

I clearly remember, traffic across the downtown core on Friday and Saturday nights, people were going out jamming the streets... this simply doesn't exist anymore. People walking and crowding the streets, bar hopping from one spot to the other... this barely exists anymore. RIP Montreal nightlife. Late cheap eateries on those streets attracting people till 4-5 am... 

Nightlife is not simply a bar closing at 3am, its also everything around them and the street action.

• D'accord 3