Messages recommendés

publicité
  • Réponses 1,2k
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

Membres prolifiques

Photos publiées

Nice design but I have to agree the height is underwhelming, although the overall density is acceptable.

I don't understand the logic behind putting the shortest building on University.

I think a simple way to improve the massing of the proposal is: create an interior ground-level courtyard, completely surrounded by buildings but with access openings on all 4 sides. Take all that building mass and dump it on the towers facing University so that you add 10 floors or so. Advantages of this:

1- you now have a lovely interior courtyard

2- building enclosure and facades lining the streets remains preserved on all sides

3- the extra mass is deposited on the towers lining University giving them 10-15 more floors, enhancing the "grand entrance" of the city and giving the buildings a more appropriate scale with their surroundings.

I understand they're going for an staircase effect but the way they have it now, you've got a bunch of midrises and then the Stock Exchange building behind it.. For it to be a staircase worth a damn, you need some taller stairs at the top, not a bunch of stumps. You can keep the same FAR/density but fix the massing and get a much better result in my opinion.

This is one of the best 3 lots in all of downtown Montreal to build on... i'm hoping the city will recognize this.

Modifié par Cataclaw

The worst part is that the company doesn't seem to have a clue what they want to build, they'll tear down a couple of old buildings then scrap the whole project ,this looks like another spectrum in the making

J'aime bien le design, mais il est vrai que ce spot est trop prime pour le laisser sous-élevé comme ça. Il faudrait avoir le même dessin mais avec 10-15 étages de plus. Là, ça serait vraiment marquant comme entrée de ville. Bien sûr, à 35 étages, il serait plas mal difficile d'en faire 5.D'où le dilemne: on remplit le terrain au complet avec du petit, ou on favorise la hauteur en n'en remplissant que, genre, la moitié, quitte à attendre 20 ans avant que l'autre moitié ne soit exploitée?

Aie.

Vous vous rappelez les discours de Stephen Leopold sur la nécessité des batisseurs montréalais d'avoir de la vision et du courage, tout comme ce fut le cas pour la PVM et les autres grandes tours de Montréal? Faudrait leur envoyer une copie...

Vous vous rappelez les discours de Stephen Leopold sur la nécessité des batisseurs montréalais d'avoir de la vision et du courage, tout comme ce fut le cas pour la PVM et les autres grandes tours de Montréal? Faudrait leur envoyer une copie...

Parce que de la vision et du courage, c'est avant tout une tour de 50 étages minimum.

C'est connu.