Aller au contenu

Pont Samuel-De Champlain

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

Moi mon entrée la plus marquante, c'est celle du Pont Jacques-Cartier. Mais bon, je suis quand même d'accord qu'il faut faire un effort de design substantiel pour Champlain, pendant qu'on y sera.

Moi mon entrée la plus marquante, c'est celle du Pont Jacques-Cartier. Mais bon, je suis quand même d'accord qu'il faut faire un effort de design substantiel pour Champlain, pendant qu'on y sera.

Entièrement d'accord avec toi. J'ai toujours dis que la vue du C-V en entrant par le Pont J-C était la plus spectaculaire!

I hope that we can get a durable bridge built in a reasonable time frame. I hope that we can get a bridge that will make Montrealers truly proud and that it will become a recognizable landmark such as the Eiffel Tower, CN Tower, Golden Gate, Brooklyn Bridge etc,etc.

Here are 2 bridges that inspire oohs and ahs!! The first two pictures are of the Rama VIII Bridge in Bangkok(Thailand) and the second is in Brasilia(Brazil). So if these developing countries can have inspirational architecture of this magnitude...we should have a hell of a bridge with a $5 Billion price tag!!

Click on the photos to get large views.

2495223638_8cd2588ed5_o.jpg

Bangkok, Thailand

800px-Rama_VIII_Bridge_at_night.jpg

Bangkok,Thailand ...Again!!!!

ponte-jk-g.jpg

Brasilia, Brazil

Or are we destined for this!!!!

Govt_bridge_anim2.gif

You can get inspiration or desperation in the attached URL which has all types of bridges. Enjoy!!

:stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot:

http://bridgepros.com/projects/index.html

Modifié par MARTY

And lets add a second tier just for for cyclists, pedestrians and joggers. A vantage point for admiring the views as well as watching the fireworks in the Old Port and at La Ronde.

469px-Spiderweb_BB_jeh.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Spiderweb_BB_jeh.jpg

Or maybe make it sporty...

785px-BridgeClimb_participants_on_Sydney_Harbour_Bridge.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:BridgeClimb_participants_on_Sydney_Harbour_Bridge.jpg

Modifié par IluvMTL

More info on the Rama VIII bridge in Bangkok:

Carries: 4 lanes of roadway, pedestrians

Crosses: Chao Phraya River

Design: Cable-stayed bridge

Total length: 2.45 km ...compared to 3.4 km for the Champlain

Longest span: 300 m

Opened: September 20, 2002

Cost: 3.1 Billion Thai Baht which equals = $130,000,000.00 Canadian Dollars!!!

CURRENCY CONVERTER Mid-market rates: 2011-10-13 01:10 UTC

1.00 THB = 0.0331040 CAD --- Thai Baht - Canadian Dollar ---1 CAD = 30.2078 THB

Holy craps!! Even if you double or triple this bridge side by side by side , giving it 12 lanes in all it would be about $400 million total...Yeah let's add the additional structure reinforcements, about another km in length and the light rail tracks and a coat of Sico paint.....maybe $900 million...This is 2002 or 2003 so it wasn't built too long ago!! So for $5 Billion dollars our bridge better be a solid bridge #1 and it better be a real beauty!!! Who am I kidding we are gonna wind up with a simple uninspired piece of crap that will cost $10 billion that will fall apart after 20 years!!! I really hope that I am wrong!! :begging::begging:

See some construction pictures.

http://2bangkok.com/2bangkok-bridge-rama8news.html

Ou comme le pont Vasco da Gama a Lisbonne

The cost of the bridge came at zero to the State, as it was built in the BOT (build-operate-transfer) system by Lusoponte, a private consortium which got a 40-year concession on the tolls of both Lisbon bridges. Lusoponte's capital is 50.4% from Portuguese companies, 24.8% French and 24.8% British.

As of 2009, the toll is €2.40 per passenger car (up to €10.80 per truck) northbound (into Lisbon). There is no toll for southbound traffic.

source

Je n'ai pas confiance qu'une telle chose puisse se réaliser ici :(

More info on the Rama VIII bridge in Bangkok:

Carries: 4 lanes of roadway, pedestrians

Crosses: Chao Phraya River

Design: Cable-stayed bridge

Total length: 2.45 km ...compared to 3.4 km for the Champlain

Longest span: 300 m

Opened: September 20, 2002

Cost: 3.1 Billion Thai Baht which equals = $130,000,000.00 Canadian Dollars!!!

CURRENCY CONVERTER Mid-market rates: 2011-10-13 01:10 UTC

1.00 THB = 0.0331040 CAD --- Thai Baht - Canadian Dollar ---1 CAD = 30.2078 THB

Holy craps!! Even if you double or triple this bridge side by side by side , giving it 12 lanes in all it would be about $400 million total...Yeah let's add the additional structure reinforcements, about another km in length and the light rail tracks and a coat of Sico paint.....maybe $900 million...This is 2002 or 2003 so it wasn't built too long ago!! So for $5 Billion dollars our bridge better be a solid bridge #1 and it better be a real beauty!!! Who am I kidding we are gonna wind up with a simple uninspired piece of crap that will cost $10 billion that will fall apart after 20 years!!! I really hope that I am wrong!! :begging::begging:

See some construction pictures.

http://2bangkok.com/2bangkok-bridge-rama8news.html

MARTY,

You have to take into consideration that the average construction worker in Bangkok makes about 1000$ per year, whereas our average construction worker makes 50,000 to 60,000$ per year. Labour costs are much higher here!

On a different note, I agree that with 5 fvcking BILLION$, we should not only be able to have a new and IMPROVED bridge that can accomodate more traffic, have a LRT on it, and a second level for bikes, pedestrians and whatnot, and it should also be an architectural masterpiece. Something we can be proud of and maybe even a new symbol for Montreal.

Le pont pourrait en fait être couplé à des génératrices électriques, le courant du fleuve est bon et constant, et donner de l'énergie à la communauté.

JE me demande si c'est quelque chose de faisable. J'adore l'idée, mais est ce que c'est réaliste? Les coûts seraient ils prohibitifs?