Aller au contenu

Échangeur Turcot

WestAust

Messages recommendés

1 hour ago, mk.ndrsn said:

Westmount station is less than 500 meters from Vendome though... Greene would also be super close to Lionel-Groulx and Atwater, but it would be good way to get to Westmount Square  ... maybe something on Glen might be useful too

Westmount and Vendôme are a bit close. It’s more of romantic suggestion, but some thought should be given to where the most benefit might arise. With shorter EMU trains, close-together stations are less of an issue, but perhaps Cavendish? ~2km from Vendôme and 1.5 km before Mtl-O. Just spitballing. Upgrading and electrifying the Westmount subdivision likely wouldn’t be too costly, perhaps $100 million or less, but the 23 km to Vaudreuil would require dedicated tracks and some infrastructure upgrades, and likely be on the order of a billion dollars.

Then again, I’m still intrigued by the maps in front of the officials the other day, and thinking about that one red line on the big map of the CMM before Mr Legault (and less evidently on that in front of Mr Tall), the only exo line actually highlighted on the table. The other exo trains are thin, grey lines, but exo1 is definitely accentuated and more prominent. It also seems to terminate at Ste-Anne-de-Bellevue. I actually can imagine a scenario where the line is modernized and upgraded on the island, with rush hour services maintained to Vaudreuil (and even Hudson) using the DP locomotives. I really should check in to see if my employer needs me back yet.

8A62D532-382E-4CB5-926D-01E3D4C71A72.jpeg

• Like 3

effectivement que le projet tire à sa fin. La 136 (720) direction ouest entre le tunnel ville-marie et l'échangeur St-Pierre est virtuellement fini. À part la peinture des lignes final, toutes les voies sont accessibles et dans leur position final