Aller au contenu

Échangeur Turcot

WestAust

Messages recommendés

Does anybody have pictures of the ghost “transit corridor” originally planned by MTQ for the Airport Express? Could a future west end transit line use this corridor effectively? Or would it be similarly out-of-the-way as the Train de l’Est?

il y a 11 minutes, SameGuy a dit :

Does anybody have pictures of the ghost “transit corridor” originally planned by MTQ for the Airport Express? Could a future west end transit line use this corridor effectively? Or would it be similarly out-of-the-way as the Train de l’Est?

Might be visible on Google earth. There’s some redevelopment planned in the area, but I prefer the option rerouting some of the Lucien-L’Allier exo lines trough Turcot instead, and build the western part of the pink line on the Lucien-L’Allier tracks.

https://www.turcot.transports.gouv.qc.ca/fr/Documents/2015-05-04_Transport en commun.pdf

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, mk.ndrsn said:

Might be visible on Google earth. There’s some redevelopment planned in the area, but I prefer the option rerouting some of the Lucien-L’Allier exo lines trough Turcot instead, and build the western part of the pink line on the Lucien-L’Allier tracks.

https://www.turcot.transports.gouv.qc.ca/fr/Documents/2015-05-04_Transport en commun.pdf

I like the idea of building the western branch of the pink line on the Lucien-L'Allier (CP) tracks, but where would you connect the exo trains at Lucien-L'Allier to the Turcot lines (CN)? Without building a tunnel, I'm not sure it can be done through Little Burgundy/St-Henri/NDG.

One alternative could be moving all of the exo trains currently at Lucien-L'Allier to Central Station so that they can connect to the Turcot lines through the CN tracks, but this would be a pretty big detour for those trains - and might not be possible with all the additional traffic (and loss of lines) at Central Station.

il y a 42 minutes, mattrga a dit :

I like the idea of building the western branch of the pink line on the Lucien-L'Allier (CP) tracks, but where would you connect the exo trains at Lucien-L'Allier to the Turcot lines (CN)? Without building a tunnel, I'm not sure it can be done through Little Burgundy/St-Henri/NDG.

One alternative could be moving all of the exo trains currently at Lucien-L'Allier to Central Station so that they can connect to the Turcot lines through the CN tracks, but this would be a pretty big detour for those trains - and might not be possible with all the additional traffic (and loss of lines) at Central Station.

No need for a tunnel. once exo5 is rerouted to Côte-de-Liesse station, any of  exo1/2/4 could than be rerouted to Gare-Centrale trough Turcot. Honestly it’s not that much of a detour, and it wouldn’t even have to be all departures.

CP(exo lines) and CN (Turcot yard) don't connect to each other in that area, the only way would be to have trains run the entire lenght of the CSL and Taschereau yards and that's not really possible or convenient. A connection could be built easily on the Vaudreuil line, but St-Jérôme and Candiac would need a bigger infrastructure to get linked to the CN tracks.

There’s a flyover at Norman, but since most of the density is on top of the Falaise, and exo has dedicated use of the old CP Westmount subdivision from LL to Montreal West, it makes more sense to spend to improve exo 1, 2 and 4. Properly redeveloped and with exo1 electrified, the three lines on the Westmount subdivision main trunk could provide a pseudo-rapid transit service — reopening Westmount Station and adding one near Cavendish and perhaps one at Greene. With shorter EMU trains, exo1 from Lachine to Vaudreuil could get increased two-way, all-day service and with the ALP-45DPs the other two lines would get more trains all day, running electric on the Westmount subdivision.

I have too much time on my hands these days. Oy vey.

• Like 1

Il y a 2 heures, SameGuy a dit :

There’s a flyover at Norman, but since most of the density is on top of the Falaise, and exo has dedicated use of the old CP Westmount subdivision from LL to Montreal West, it makes more sense to spend to improve exo 1, 2 and 4. Properly redeveloped and with exo1 electrified, the three lines on the Westmount subdivision main trunk could provide a pseudo-rapid transit service — reopening Westmount Station and adding one near Cavendish and perhaps one at Greene. With shorter EMU trains, exo1 from Lachine to Vaudreuil could get increased two-way, all-day service and with the ALP-45DPs the other two lines would get more trains all day, running electric on the Westmount subdivision.

I have too much time on my hands these days. Oy vey.

Westmount station is less than 500 meters from Vendome though... Greene would also be super close to Lionel-Groulx and Atwater, but it would be good way to get to Westmount Square  ... maybe something on Glen might be useful too