Aller au contenu
publicité

Messages recommendés

Just goes to show that some "potential" tenants out there were never really serious. I know for a fact that 4-5 years ago, Ubisoft and Rogers were running around looking for 300,000 to 400,000 sq feet...and then the shit hit the fan... Had these two companies actually been serious to relocate, we would have two new towers downtown. Looks like we'll have to be patient for another 10 or 15 years!

Modifié par Habsfan

publicité
  • Réponses 1,2k
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

Membres prolifiques

Photos publiées

une rumeure à la cité du commerce électronique... la direction de Cgi compte libérer la moitié des locaux et faire le partage des cubicules entre 2 employés... donc des milliers de travailleurs retournés chez eux en télétravail...

ca provient d'où cette "rumeure"?

Out of curiosity, what is the current situation with Los Angeles suburbs (or even Century City etc., for that matter)? Are they adding office space and growing faster, to the detriment of Downtown Los Angeles, and its immediate surroundings?

Century City welcomed a new office building (not a tower though) in 2007 for CAA (Creative Artists Agency HQ). There are plans to re-configure and re-develop the Westfield Mall there: new mall plus one or two residential towers and one office building. There is some opposition because it will require the demolition of one of the original office buildings designed by Welton Becket. The Century is a 42 story luxury condo tower nearing completion - the only new building to change the skyline in Century City.

Hollywood's renaissance continues unabated. A lot of the old office buildings along Hollywood Blvd are discovering new life after having been languishing mostly empty for decades: Hollywood is proving to be a competitive market for Santa Monica for a lot of creative and media companies. Mostly, new Hollywood development is residential (condos) and hospitality. There are a few such developments on ice. The W Hotel just opened 350 rooms and about 100 luxury residences at near Vine street - surrounded by parking lots. Hollywood has a lot of empty lots.

Westwood: fully built-out. Really desirable sub-market.

Downtown Beverly Hills: new William Morris Endeavor (talent agency) HQ is nearing completion. Other small infill sites are being built on even as we speak - they are boutique medical office buildings which are in BIG demand; there is not enough supply of such space.

Santa Monica: highly desirable. No new office projects on tap.

Downtown LA has lost a lot of worldwide HQ's over the past 25 years - regional offices are most common now... sound familiar?:rolleyes:

Modifié par internationalx

Just goes to show that some "potential" tenats out there were never really serious. I know for a fact that 4-5 years ago, Ubisoft and Orgers were running around looking for 300,000 to 400,000 sq feet...and then the shit hit the fan... Had these two companies actually been serious to relocate, woe would have two new towers downtown. Looks like we'll have to be patient for another 10 or 15 years!

Oui, et ce qui fait surtout mal c'est que Bell a libéré bcp d'espace au centre-ville avec leur nouveau campus à l'Île-des-Soeurs.

Oui, et ce qui fait surtout mal c'est que Bell a libéré bcp d'espace au centre-ville avec leur nouveau campus à l'Île-des-Soeurs.

Ce qui as encore moins aidé, c'est les tours comme le CCE ou cité du Multimédia construites par le gouvernement...

Ce qui as encore moins aidé, c'est les tours comme le CCE ou cité du Multimédia construites par le gouvernement...

Vrai! Le PQ n'avait pas d'affaire à se fourrer le nez dans le monde de l'immobilier commercial.

Une chance que les deux tours du CCE sont quand même belles...et une chance qu'ils n'ont pas construits les 7 autres phases du CCE!!!

To put Montreal into some context: here in LA (downtown) there hasn't been a new skyscraper (office) built since 1991/92. It is unlikely LA will see an office building anytime soon either.

The only addition to the skyline is the new 52 storey Ritz Carlton / J.W. Marriott Hotel that opened last week.

There is just no need for office towers for the foreseeable future.

When I was in L.A., last april, I read in the LA Times, that Korean Air is suppose to build a new tower soon, 40 floors.

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/korean-air-to-build-new-hotel-in-la

When I was in L.A., last april, I read in the LA Times, that Korean Air is suppose to build a new tower soon, 40 floors.

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/korean-air-to-build-new-hotel-in-la

I heard the plan was to build two, one hotel (40 floors) and one office (~60 floors). The interesting thing is that it calls for the demolition of an iconic hotel (The Grand Hotel, if I'm not mistaken).

Yes, the preliminary plans call for two towers - one a hotel, the other an office building. However, given that the major Grand Avenue plan designed by Gehry and proposed by Related Companies is now dead (and it has been in the planning stages for more than 5 years), this plan by Korean Air is also in question. Perhaps one day but not likely soon. Like the case with Montreal, I 'm not sure who will fill it. Unless Korean Air is planning on building it spec.

And yes, the plans calls for the demo of the Wilshire Grand Hotel. Not a very Grand/iconic hotel though. It's pretty much an eyesore anyhow.