Aller au contenu

VIA Rail - Discussion générale ​

IluvMTL

Messages recommendés

On 6/10/2021 at 3:56 PM, jesseps said:

Productivity in cars will go up in the next 10-15 years, when they become more autonomous and the CO2 per seat, will also go down because of manufactures switching to batteries.

Thankfully the train will still beat a car, because you can walk around and use the bathroom.

Planes CO2 per seat will go down, when they use alternative bio fuels, hydrogen (not before 2050) or even have big enough batteries to power the engines. As for wasting time at the airport, some people don't mind, they can expense drinks / lounge or even use it for business meetings.

As an Air Canada frequent flyer, I love using airport lounges. However, I find it a bit ludicrous that some people choose to spend 2, 3, 4, or more hours at an airport lounge, when their actual flight to Montreal is 1 hr. Let's be honest, very few people work or do "productive activities" in these executive lounges - most people go for the open bar in order to prepare themselves for the misery on the plane.

Also, VIA Rail's very reasonably priced Business Class also offers open bar onboard, a 3-course hot meal, WIFI, and a business class lounge in Montreal, Ottawa, and Toronto. I remember the days pre-Covid when I would board a 3 pm train from TO Union station, order a glass of scotch onboard, enjoy my dinner at 5 pm while passing by country scenery and sunset, and finish off dinner with a glass of Cognac from the bar. It's a very relaxing way to travel.

Modifié par FrodoMTL
  • Like 2

• 3 semaines plus tard...
Il y a 3 heures, Spiter_01 a dit :

Bon je suis curieux de voir si demain on vas finalement être en mesure d'annoncer un tracé et une solution au tunnel du mont-royal. 

Clairement une correspondance via le REM à Côte de Liesse, avec intégration tarifaire (le billet de via inclus le passage sur le REM). 

46 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Yippeee! We'll be in TO in 5 hours instead of 6!

Bring out the champagne!

Well, if it’s not delayed by freights, it’s nominally around 5:15 with eight stops. VIA can still do milk runs on the CN route, but a TGF will likely only stop at Dorval, Kingston, and Oshawa, so somewhere around 3h45 is more likely.

Now, what I’d like to hear in an eventual announcement is a set of dedicated passenger tracks parallel to the mainlines between Centrale and Vaudreuil (Dorion) to be shared with RTM, and RTM fully acquiring the Westmount Sub and the Vaudreuil portion of theMontreal Ottawa line. I can dream on yeah. Oh well.

20 minutes ago, mtlfan said:

Clairement une correspondance via le REM à Côte de Liesse, avec intégration tarifaire (le billet de via inclus le passage sur le REM). 

I can see this happening, and it’ll be more proof that we simply have no desire to things properly. 

33 minutes ago, vivreenrégion said:

Trois-Rivières - Montréal en 45min max, ça va faire des jaloux à Saint-Hean et à Saint-Harôme.

Ils auront sûrement une branche du REM, compte tenu des gains électoraux que la CAQ peut aller chercher là. Mononc Legault a des branches de REM dans ses bas de Noël pour à peu près tout le monde. Prochaine station, Gaspé.

• Like 1