Aller au contenu
publicité

Messages recommendés

They aren't assholes, they are people with problems that needs helps.

No... I mean some are needing help, and some of them are really assholes. I almost came to blows with one of them when I told him I had no change politely... he was yelling at me in both official languages no less...

publicité
No... I mean some are needing help, and some of them are really assholes. I almost came to blows with one of them when I told him I had no change politely... he was yelling at me in both official languages no less...

You do realize that it might be because he needs help that he's yelling at you? Mental problems, you know?

You do realize that it might be because he needs help that he's yelling at you? Mental problems, you know?

If you go down that road, any asshole has mental problems... Regardless, I had nothing to solve his problems except my fist...

A politically correct asshole!:)

I swear, we have the best educated queteux in the world!

Modifié par Cyrus

JFrosty and Cyrus both have valid points.

A lot of people do need real help.. but then there are some guys that are just cranky. I understand circumstances are a huge factor, but still. If you want my money, don't be pushy.

When I have time I like to chat with the friendlier ones. A lot of homeless people have really incredible life stories! We can learn a lot from these folks.. discover where we went wrong in society, or where they went wrong and avoid repeating those mistakes. But yeah.. not everyone has a riveting story to tell. A lot of homeless people just have serious problems and drug issues, which is no less disheartening :(

Ok so this is a little late but I'm answering concerning the comparison between UQAM and Concordia's downtown campuses. Having lived in both neighborhoods (South-East UQAM and West-Concordia) I have to say UQAM's site is not nearly as bad as Concordia's, and most of UQAM's washrooms are kept in relatively good conditions. Living near UQAM, what bothered my ((slightly?) obsessive-compulsive) self the most was the insane amount of cigarette butts on the ground almost everywhere.

On the other hand, Maisonneuve east of Bishop and Sherbrooke street near Concordia are really nice, which produces a stronger shock when entering the uglier parts of Concordia's surroundings.

I believe the cleanliness of university downtown campuses must be a priority for the city. There is definitely a big change in my motivation as a researcher when I work/live in a nice looking environment. But maybe not everyone is the same.

JFrosty and Cyrus both have valid points.

A lot of people do need real help.. but then there are some guys that are just cranky. I understand circumstances are a huge factor, but still. If you want my money, don't be pushy.

When I have time I like to chat with the friendlier ones. A lot of homeless people have really incredible life stories! We can learn a lot from these folks.. discover where we went wrong in society, or where they went wrong and avoid repeating those mistakes. But yeah.. not everyone has a riveting story to tell. A lot of homeless people just have serious problems and drug issues, which is no less disheartening :(

There was this time an older woman, looked like a "crackwhore", I had just parked my car on Guy St and she asks me for change, "no, sorry I don't have any change", she tries to get me to deposit some cheque she has into my bank and give her money, I ask her if I look like an idiot. She asked me if I "want some comp'ny" (yikes) in a depressed tone, I told her to clean up... I really wanted to be "nice" because my car was right there and I didn't want any problems on my return...

There is also a black guy who roams the area, his method is to run up to you, grab / shake your hand, ask how you are doing, etc etc and then for the money, if you say no, he spins around and disappears... and of course, the guy who is every day on the Ville-Marie offramp at St-Marc with the Timmy's cup, the worst is when someone is fool enough to give him money and then of course the light changes...

Modifié par Cyrus

I don't find the SGW Concordia campus to be that dirty at all. There are obviously cleaner parts of town, and there could be room for improvement no doubt about that, but it isn't a total mess like some people here make it out to be. The Concordia area is one of my favorite parts of town (bias aside) The new public spaces are clean and nice looking, the new buildings are exceptional, the bustle of so many people is New York-ish, and frankly i don't see that much trash on the ground, nor cigarette leftovers for that matter. The biggest visual eyesore for me is the state of the streets/sidewalks that haven't been redone yet. The parts that are done look sweet, but the unfinished areas are pretty bad.