Aller au contenu

Messages recommendés

A Concordia press release seemed to indicate that it is to be a support for an eventual campus map or information screen.

En tout cas, le Quartier Concordia est vraiment une belle reussite sur toute la ligne, un réaménagement urbain bien conçu et bien réalisé. Bravo à Concordia et la ville. J'ai hâte de voir la rue Mackay réaménagée (et, j'espere, pietonisée)!

Modifié par gars du new jersey

Concordia et la ville voulaient réaménager la Rue MacKay (la portion entre Sherbrooke et De Maisonneuve ou Ste-Catherine aura été pietonisée), mais certains résidents et propriétaires de magasins se sont plaints. Ils avaient peur du potentiel d'avoir des élèves "partyants" dans la rue.

Concordia et la ville voulaient réaménager la Rue MacKay (la portion entre Sherbrooke et De Maisonneuve ou Ste-Catherine aura été pietonisée), mais certains résidents et propriétaires de magasins se sont plaints. Ils avaient peur du potentiel d'avoir des élèves "partyants" dans la rue.

what the hell is wrong with this street ?

someone ought to make them realize where exactly they're situated on the city map. this aint the 1930s god damnit, the city's changed !

what the hell is wrong with this street ?

someone ought to make them realize where exactly they're situated on the city map. this aint the 1930s god damnit, the city's changed !

I think by a wide margin the issue for the businesses is that they would lose business... there aren't many parking spaces there, but parking is extremely important for a retail establishment... Of course, Concordia has been buying up all those old Victorian houses and making them into offices and the like on both Mackay and Bishop.

I wonder what that would mean for the Concordia parking garage also, there is no other exit / entrance than the one on Mackay.

I am skeptical of the real benefits, they want to make it more "friendly" and "green" but already on the side of the Hall building the sidewalk is not a sidewalk but a kind of concrete football field with lots of benches, trees and room to smoke...

My biggest issues with the redevelopment is that the new "brick" sidewalk is extremely slippery in the winter, I imagine because of the textured surface instead of smooth concrete... and the amenagement makes it a real pain to clear the snow away from, I saw some guys in a 4x4 Dakota with a plow trying to go through the middle between the benches and moving it all around, man a snow plow on a Dakota, I never saw such a thing :relieved:

The other issue is with the Bethune statue, not sure there should be such a thing displayed...

Oh yeah, and why have they built like a dozen gleaming fancy new buildings and I am still stuck in some crappy room in Hall?

• 4 semaines plus tard...