Aller au contenu

Messages recommendés

I see the same as Rocco. It seems that most Concordia students couldn't care less about their campus or the city. Right now I live near Concordia and get really excited every time I go anywhere else in the city. There is just such a big difference.

The new sidewalks need to be power-washed already, and someone needs to invest money into keeping the place clean.

This is making Concordia look bad and many of the students/professors/researchers quite demotivated.

Given the incredible volume of movement in that area, even if just 0.1% pollute or don't give a crap, it's enough to result in a large number of people. (Including non-students and passers-by)

I don't think we can universally slap Concordia students with a title of "trashy", but nevertheless there is a problem. That being said, Concordia should create a volunteer army to help clean up and raise awareness for campus cleanliness. They're real good at doing that sort of thing!

My honest expectation is that once all street-level construction and work is done, cleanliness will improve overall. When you pass through a construction zone, there is perhaps a certain psychological laissez-allez...

Modifié par Cataclaw

The nastiest thing though is the state of some of the public washrooms at Concordia. I don't know how many times I've gone in only to find the floor covered in urine and toilet paper.... Although the washrooms at the Faubourg are 10x worse. I used to have classes in there, and occasionally I would need to take a leak. Once there was yellow caution tape all over the broken mirrors. Another time, I saw a homeless guy washing himself in a sink.

It also doesn't help the general cleanliness of the area that Concordia is located in between Bishop and Crescent Street in the east and a large homeless population to the west. McGill or UdeM, obviously don't face these sorts of challenges. UQAM would likely face somewhat similar problems to Concordia.

Modifié par MTLskyline

i remember when i was at ithq, a couple years back, they had a similar problems with homeless people walking in and out of the school. if i recall things correctly, i think you had to show your student i.d. card to the security guard, each and every time you entered the premises.

and this school isn't all that big, nor is the neighborhood around it all that bad for homelessness. the situation at uqam must be insane, probably much worse than corcordia, even.

I hardly go into the Hall building but from what I saw today there are still a few floors that need to be renovated.

I think there is still 10, 9, 6, 5, 4 but I'm not sure.

Yup that's about it. 10 is being renovated right now, it should be done next year i believe.

The plan, from what i heard, is to renovate the entire building, one floor at a time. The renovated floors are all quite nice!

Yup that's about it. 10 is being renovated right now, it should be done next year i believe.

It is a fricken maze on the 10th right now they have put up to "hide" the renovation work... but I think 10th will remain a kind of Hotel California even after the renos...

What was going on on de Maisonneuve between Guy and St Mathieu yesterday? Police had it barricaded all day and a crane was there but had its hook lying on the street.

The nastiest thing though is the state of some of the public washrooms at Concordia. I don't know how many times I've gone in only to find the floor covered in urine and toilet paper.... Although the washrooms at the Faubourg are 10x worse. I used to have classes in there, and occasionally I would need to take a leak. Once there was yellow caution tape all over the broken mirrors. Another time, I saw a homeless guy washing himself in a sink.

It also doesn't help the general cleanliness of the area that Concordia is located in between Bishop and Crescent Street in the east and a large homeless population to the west. McGill or UdeM, obviously don't face these sorts of challenges. UQAM would likely face somewhat similar problems to Concordia.

It's because dicks are too stupid to flush. When I started they had the original urinals in the Hall building and it was disgusting, everything reeked of urine, piss on the floor, and of course scrawled on the wall usually some kind of advertisement for homosexual activities.

Shortly after they just changed the valves for the flush to automatic valves, keeping the same urinal porcelain, etc... night and day difference, the peepee go bye bye... washroom is quite nice now (well still has homosexual propositions... there's a time and a place for everything, and it's called CEGEP)

The library building has a similar problem...

I'm always somewhat annoyed to see them doing major construction projects of new buildings, major renovations of entire floors, but you go to your classroom you actually have and sit on the chair and it collapses or makes a loud squawking noise when moved (you know the ones, the plastic cantilever swivel ones...). In one of my classes recently the maintenance guys fixed the problem... they taped a paper to the desk saying "BROKEN CHAIR DO NOT USE". Problem solved!

-Future (student center) building planned for the parking lot next to the Tim Hortons

Is that what it is? The CSU is always screaming bloody murder and organizing protests because of 50$ tuition increases and at the same time pushing to raise tuition by $100 for this "student centre"... the amount of corruption in the various student-run groups at Concordia makes Charest look blanche comme neige...

Modifié par Cyrus

What was going on on de Maisonneuve between Guy and St Mathieu yesterday? Police had it barricaded all day and a crane was there but had its hook lying on the street.

Rumour has it that someone fired a shot at a window of the MB building. Apparently the same thing happened to the EV building on the weekend.