Aller au contenu
publicité

Messages recommendés

I was there last week. I'm really impressed with how de maisonneuve is starting to look. Sometimes in Montreal things just stay the same for decades, but sometimes things change fast. Prior to 2002, 5 or 6 of the buildings in the last photo weren't even built or renovated yet. And who could forget that horrible elevated bridge that was just west of where the twin condo towers are. Now with the new lamps, the bike path, new businesses, new residents, de maisonneuve to me is the new cool street in Montreal and the best is yet to come. Once Quartier Concordia is finished and the Quartiers des Spectacles square is done, de maisonneuve will have renewed life.

I noticed something bitter sweet in Montreal last week. There still is a lack of private investment in terms of building office towers in condos. Private investment builds those, not governments. But I noticed a lot of the public squares are being renovated, or planned for renovation and some created from scratch. Public squares uplift the quality of life in a city. I remember once summer weekday afternoon I was walking through Quartier Internationale square (I forgot the name, but the square facing the W hotel) and a lot of workers from the various offices were sitting around eating lunch, chatting, chilling and I thought this is what a city needs. A square, with no advertising, where you can just exist. Just be.

publicité

I noticed something bitter sweet in Montreal last week. There still is a lack of private investment in terms of building office towers in condos. Private investment builds those, not governments. But I noticed a lot of the public squares are being renovated, or planned for renovation and some created from scratch.

Exactly the kind of action seen during a Depression. Guess Montreal is for once ahead of the pack!

• 2 semaines plus tard...
  • 2 semaines plus tard...