Aller au contenu

Messages recommendés

"...houses in LV metro are dirt cheap..." "It's cheaper to fly from BOS/JFK/LGA/EWR to LAS than it is to fly to Montreal"

Agree with above, but our southern metro area has the same cheap housing and flights (Champlain, Rouses Point NY and BTV / PBG airports...)

Maybe we could obtain SWA, Allegiant, Spirit or others to fly into St-Hubert... (PenAir flies cheap to BOS from PBG)

Modifié par YUL

• Réponses 101
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

Membres prolifiques

Photos publiées

Year after year, Montreal is one of the two top destinations in North America for international conventions. Why, along with NYC and Chicago, are we consistently at the top and sometimes number one? Because people like coming here. We are unique, attractive, safe and friendly and have 4 universities with excellent expertize in a wide range of issues. Who would want to go to LV to actually do some serious work? What serious businessmen would want their families to live there?

Une minute! L'article du Huffington Post contient une courte phrase pas si anodine, concernant la nécessité de modifier le quota d'immigration de gens d'affaires. Pensez-vous que le Gouvernement du Canada va s'empresser d'agir en ce sens? Pas évident pour moi. Il n'est pas difficile d'imaginer que l'annonce chinoise, même si elle devait se concrétiser, soit d'abord et avant tout une manoeuvre ayant pour principal but de faire modifier ledit quota--avec d'autres objectifs en vue que le simple établissement d'un "centre de commerce mondial" dans la banlieue montréalaise. Dans les affaires comme en politique, de telles stratégies sont "normales". Dans ce "dossier" en particulier, je vous rappelle qu'on n'en serait pas à la première "déception". Quand on rêve, on a souvent tendance à fermer les yeux devant des faits ou des considérations qui ne vont pas dans le bon sens...

Franchement, je ne comprends que des gens croient que Las Vegas est si attrayant. Tout ce bling-bling est littéralement abrutissant. Ça existe pas mal plus que l,on pense du monde qui ne se voient pas vivre là-dedans.

Come on. Arrêtez de véhiculer des clichés de télé-réalité nunuches qui ne carburent qu'aux paillettes pis à la superficialité....:eek:

Year after year, Montreal is one of the two top destinations in North America for international conventions. Why, along with NYC and Chicago, are we consistently at the top and sometimes number one? Because people like coming here. We are unique, attractive, safe and friendly and have 4 universities with excellent expertize in a wide range of issues. Who would want to go to LV to actually do some serious work? What serious businessmen would want their families to live there?

Look, we're not talking about PhD's who want to attend a convention in a city with european flair, we're talking about Larry who owns a pool supplies store in Canton MA who wants to buy cheap Chinese wares. 10/10 he will prefer to expense a 2-day buying trip in LV vs. Longueil. You have to go where your clients want to go, not where you want to be.

Case in point: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Market_Center_Las_Vegas

Do we have anything even remotely similar in Quebec?

Franchement, je ne comprends que des gens croient que Las Vegas est si attrayant. Tout ce bling-bling est littéralement abrutissant. Ça existe pas mal plus que l,on pense du monde qui ne se voient pas vivre là-dedans.

Come on. Arrêtez de véhiculer des clichés de télé-réalité nunuches qui ne carburent qu'aux paillettes pis à la superficialité....:eek:

It's not about what you or I like. I hate Las Vegas. Not "attrayant" at all. Just like Dubai. Awful cities. But it's by far THE best place to hold trade shows, conventions, showrooms in NA. You have access to the ports on the West Coast, flights are plentiful, you have like 150,000 hotel rooms from $19 to $19,000 a night, restaurants, shows, nightclubs, golf, I can go on and on. For every person that wants to visit Montreal, 100 more want to go to Vegas. That's just the way it is.

I'm very, very skeptical about this project. Not that it's not good news, but, if they're trying to attract a clientele from all over Canada and the East Coast, it would make much more sense to build in... Las Vegas. It's cheaper to fly from BOS/JFK/LGA/EWR to LAS than it is to fly to Montreal (especially BOS-YUL where our friends at AC have a monopoly). It's cheaper to take a cab from LAS than YUL-Laval. You have endless amenities, entertainment and lodging options in LV; Laval, not so much. And the "1,000 Chinese businessmen" would be pleased to know that state income tax in NV is nonexistent and houses in LV metro are dirt cheap. I hope they like snow. I'm trying to wrap my head around why they would choose Montreal over Las Vegas. Maybe it's easier for them to secure visas here than EB-5's down south, that's the only explanation I see.

This project is in Longueuil, not Laval.

It's not about what you or I like. I hate Las Vegas. Not "attrayant" at all. Just like Dubai. Awful cities. But it's by far THE best place to hold trade shows, conventions, showrooms in NA. You have access to the ports on the West Coast, flights are plentiful, you have like 150,000 hotel rooms from $19 to $19,000 a night, restaurants, shows, nightclubs, golf, I can go on and on. For every person that wants to visit Montreal, 100 more want to go to Vegas. That's just the way it is.

http://www.tourisme-montreal.org/meetings/2014/05/19/international-conventions/

Apparently that is not just the way it is. Montreal, once again top destinations in North America for international conferences. Build it here and they will come!

Access to the ports on the west coast ; must be like Mont Laurier there both 435KM from a port city . Las Vegas for conventions , come on , the last place as a CEO I would think of holding one . A city with no soul.