Aller au contenu

Messages recommendés

Once again, this website's obession with height makes me laugh and scratch my head. You guys are trashing a building and practically saying it isn't worth being built because it is only 10 storeys? That is so incredibly weird to me.

I wonder if people would wait for hours to go up the empire state building's observation deck if it was located on the 20th floor

• Réponses 378
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

Once again, this website's obession with height makes me laugh and scratch my head. You guys are trashing a building and practically saying it isn't worth being built because it is only 10 storeys? That is so incredibly weird to me.

I am with you on this df, I want a good building period. If they want to be safe and not overextend in this market since a lotof condos are coming on the market, I think it is all the better.

I think that they are forced to accept a smaller tower because they can no longer transfer density from the Ogilvy site. If they want to maximize the commercial component (potentially 3 above-grade and 1 below grade) to take advantage of the proximity to Ogilvy, Holt Renfrew, etc, they really could only go up a max of 15 stories with a smaller but efficient residential floorplate of approx 10,000 SF.

In any event, this will be a nice in-fill project, but we as a community should not dismiss the fact that the density factor is 12, and therefore the only other possibility is a 7,000 SF 24 storey building, which is not particularly efficient and they would be competing for buyers with Cadillac Fairview, the Ritz and potentially the Waldorf Astoria. And they paid zero for the land, so why not take a less risky development approach, there will certainly be riskier projects in the downtown core proposed over the next couple years.

. And they paid zero for the land, so why not take a less risky development approach, there will certainly be riskier projects in the downtown core proposed over the next couple years.

They do not own the land, Pyxis is still the registered owner, I believe they have an option to purchase they can exercise.

And concerning Ogilvy, am I the only one thinking the new owner might be tempted to move the Holt Renfrew from its Sherbrooke location to Ste-Cath de la Montagne?

Are you talking about shutting down Ogilvy's ?

I thought it did pretty good business, and unless I was dreaming, I seem to remember reading that they planned to open other branches elsewhere.

And besides, Sherbooke is a prestigious address, right next to the Ritz, Tiffany's, Bolud.....

Modifié par IluvMTL

Are you talking about shutting down Ogilvy's ?

I thought it did pretty good business, and unless I was dreaming, I seem to remember reading that they planned to open other branches elsewhere.

And besides, Sherbooke is a prestigious address, right next to the Ritz, Tiffany's, Bolud.....

Not shutting it down but merge it with Holt. They could optimize the space at Ogilvy's and to me the current Holt location on Sherbrooke isn't the most functionnal...

Not shutting it down but merge it with Holt. They could optimize the space at Ogilvy's and to me the current Holt location on Sherbrooke isn't the most functionnal...

fusionner Ogilvy avec Holt ? ça n'arrivera jamais...

C'est les même propriétaires et je suis sur que l'espace de la bâtisse de Ogilvy pourrait être mieux utilisé. En tk p-e que je devrais leur envoyer mon cv et leur parler de mes projets lol

I am with you on this df, I want a good building period. If they want to be safe and not overextend in this market since a lotof condos are coming on the market, I think it is all the better.

Il faut être réaliste: récemment, les petits immeubles n'apportent RIEN de mieux à la ville, architecturalement parlant (à part queques exceptions). Alors, tant qu'à avoir un autre building ordinaire, faisons-le haut, pour que ça densifie la ville et que ça ajoute au skyline. Si on nous propose un 10 étages génial et audacieux, alors oui, allons-y. Mais ça me surprendrait.

J'en reviens à mon exemple de la tour CIBC: à 20 étages, ce serait de la merde. À sa hauteur actuelle, elle a de la gueule.

Modifié par MtlMan

Invité
Ce sujet ne peut plus recevoir de nouvelles réponses.

Countup

• Créer...