Aller au contenu
publicité

Messages recommendés

It does look like a bit of a smear job. But we can't deny that there are a lot of very corrupt politicians in this province!

That is not the point. Maclean will probably sell more issues because they are talking against Québec. People will link that to bill 101 and the separatists and the mistreatments of anglophones and racism, etc. Everything going wrong in Québec is highlighted by media like Maclean for business reasons and people buy it because it confirms what they want to believe. I am not saying all Canadians will believe that (other then those who already want to believe it), but many might be influenced.

Québec bashing, even based on reality, pays! Apparently people want to read bad things about Québec.

If a sport magazine was doing an article about how much the Maple Leafs suck and will always suck, I might buy it. Even if it biased. Because it is based on reality doesnt mean it is right.

And that said, I don't want to defend corrupt politician, I want them in prison.

publicité
  • Réponses 176
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

All this corruption brought to you by the federalist Liberals in power...

oh my, wait till next elections... I can't even imagine what kind of tricketry the Liberals will come up with to make us forget all this.

But it won't happen. PQ is in power in the next 3 years tops, mark my words.

That is not the point. Maclean will probably sell more issues because they are talking against Québec. People will link that to bill 101 and the separatists and the mistreatments of anglophones and racism, etc. Everything going wrong in Québec is highlighted by media like Maclean for business reasons and people buy it because it confirms what they want to believe. I am not saying all Canadians will believe that (other then those who already want to believe it), but many might be influenced.

Québec bashing, even based on reality, pays! Apparently people want to read bad things about Québec.

If a sport magazine was doing an article about how much the Maple Leafs suck and will always suck, I might buy it. Even if it biased. Because it is based on reality doesnt mean it is right.

And that said, I don't want to defend corrupt politician, I want them in prison.

They'll sell plenty of copies, that is for sure. Maclean's is a very sensationalist publication (much like tabloid newspapers). They enjoy raising alarms among the masses. It is a Toronto publication, so naturally, they present things from a very Toronto-centric perspective (Quebecers are racists, Americans are rednecks, etc) Mind you, they don't tend to tow any particular party line: they have both Liberal and Conservative columnists.

I know what you're saying though. There is a certain portion of the population that will nod their heads in approval at the article's exposure of the corrupt tyrants running this province (and some that will add it to their list of reasons to hate us). That said, all sorts of people read Maclean's: well-informed people, average people and poorly-informed people. Some of them might find it a tad insulting that we think that they believe everything they read. I do read it from time to time, but I'm not a huge fan. I do enjoy Mark Steyn's, Andrew Coyne's and Colby Cosh's columns.

Anyways, I'll hold judgment on the article itself until I actually read it. It is written by Martin Patriquin, who is an Anglo with a French name, so I don't imagine it will be that hateful (unless he hates part of his own heritage)

All this corruption brought to you by the federalist Liberals in power...

oh my, wait till next elections... I can't even imagine what kind of tricketry the Liberals will come up with to make us forget all this.

But it won't happen. PQ is in power in the next 3 years tops, mark my words.

Anglophones and allophones treat the PLQ like a mafia protection racket. They only vote for them to keep the PQ out. Does anyone actually believe really strongly in what the provincial Liberals are doing? I really doubt it.

I was pleasantly surprised when the Gazette endorsed the ADQ in the recent Saint-Laurent by-election though. I didn't see that coming at all. Needless to say it had zero effect. The Libs won with over 60% of the vote, and the ADQ came a distant third with 8%. Mind you, only 20% of the electorate voted.

Anyways, I'll hold judgment on the article itself until I actually read it. It is written by Martin Patriquin, who is an Anglo with a French name, so I don't imagine it will be that hateful (unless he hates part of his own heritage)

Maybe the article will be good and balanced. But it is the title that will sell issues. And unfortunatelly, that is what many people will remember of the article.

Practically all politicians are con artists.

Honestly all governments have some sort of scandal (big or small) :stirthepot:

Its funny that Maclean's think the city of Toronto and the Province of Ontario is a Saint compared to Montreal and Quebec.

Bunch of spineless dicks. I dare MacLeans to do a cover story on how much MacLeans sucks. I'll buy that issue!

Je vais être un peu cru, mais je trouve que ce qui est le plus dommage, c'est de défendre aveuglément l'indéfendable. Je lis tes commentaires partout, et dès que tu croises un sujet qui froisse le moindrement Montréal ou le Québec, tu t'effarouches comme une petite pelote de laine.

Qu'es devenu MtlUrb ? On dirait une espèce de secte où le dieu est le 'développement économique de Montréal' et tout ce qui pourrait moindrement l'influencer est 'mal' ou est un 'dick'.

Dude, lis-tu les journaux ???

Tu n'as pas encore réalisé que dans ta province, tu pouvais acheter la candidature d'un juge si tu étais assez aisé ?

Excepté quand ça parle de grues, je trouve que ça manque pas mal de débat et de profondeur ici, et là je ne m'adresse pas particulièrement à toi. Je dirais même que je te quote car tu es probablement une des personnes les plus intéressantes à lire ici.

C'est dommage car le forum avait il y a quelques années des débats et des discussions intéressantes.

Practically all politicians are con artists.

Honestly all governments have some sort of scandal (big or small) :stirthepot:

Its funny that Maclean's think the city of Toronto and the Province of Ontario is a Saint compared to Montreal and Quebec.

I have yet to hear any major scandal coming out of Ontario in recent years. Sure they have their own bullshit;

but do they have the Judge ATM Machine ?

Do they have the Accurso Foundation for Sick Children ?

Do they have the Tremblay-Siciliano syndicate running Toronto ?

Wasn't Toronto water meter's contract that revealed this whole story ?

It's funny how you people are so touchy about the image of Montreal. It is one of the most corrupt city in North America and probably in Canada. Assume it and now talk about it. it's the best way to get rid of it.

The forum's attitude to ignore it is the most lame thing to do. It's what con artists like and this is what you do.

Anglophones and allophones treat the PLQ like a mafia protection racket. They only vote for them to keep the PQ out. Does anyone actually believe really strongly in what the provincial Liberals are doing? I really doubt it.

I was pleasantly surprised when the Gazette endorsed the ADQ in the recent Saint-Laurent by-election though. I didn't see that coming at all. Needless to say it had zero effect. The Libs won with over 60% of the vote, and the ADQ came a distant third with 8%. Mind you, only 20% of the electorate voted.

They remember 1976... they were pissed about Bill 22 so voted Union Nationale and they got Bill 101, man were they ever pissed :rotfl:

I have yet to hear any major scandal coming out of Ontario in recent years. Sure they have their own bullshit;

but do they have the Judge ATM Machine ?

Do they have the Accurso Foundation for Sick Children ?

Do they have the Tremblay-Siciliano syndicate running Toronto ?

Wasn't Toronto water meter's contract that revealed this whole story ?

It's funny how you people are so touchy about the image of Montreal. It is one of the most corrupt city in North America and probably in Canada. Assume it and now talk about it. it's the best way to get rid of it.

The forum's attitude to ignore it is the most lame thing to do. It's what con artists like and this is what you do.

Toronto is not so clandestine, we all know the stupid things (garbage strike for example)

In California though just recently they busted a small town's leadership, the mayor somehow boosted his salary to over $800 000... now he is in jail :D