Aller au contenu
publicité

Messages recommendés

I seem to recall the scandale de commandites was all Quebec guys... even though it was "federal"...

That's what habfanman said. Yes they were guys from Québec, but they were all Good old federalist québeckers...the kind you can trust!!:rolleyes:

publicité
  • Réponses 176
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

i was in nova scotia the other weekend, and somebody brought up a (non-quebec related) recent issue of macleans, asking my opinion of it as i work in media.

i said "i don't read maclean's. i'm from montreal."

it was doubtlessly annoying, but satisfying.

Good answer young padawan. You make us all proud!! ;);)

I agree 100% Antonio.

I will never understand anglo voters. We always complain that governments don't respond to our needs but by voting like sheep in election after election, we guarantee that none of the parties ever have to take us seriously. On the one hand, the PQ know that they will never get any significant anglo vote so they ignore us. There's no point courting an electorate that will always vote for your opponent - no matter what. On the other hand, because the PLQ know that anglos will always vote for them (they could run a bag of day-old bagels as a candidate in each of the West Island ridings and still win by a wide margin!) they too can ignore us. It's a lose/lose proposition yet anglos keep mooing and baahing and voting Liberal - self-marginalising ourselves and ensuring that no party need take us seriously. Strange behaviour!

I always vote BQ federally. Gilles Duceppe is a far better leader than any of the other idiots and I know that he is looking out for Québec and only Québec. Provincially, I voted Green in 2007. I couldn't hold my nose and vote for Charest nor could I support Boisclair. In 2008, I voted PQ and I will be doing so in the next election - unless Mme. Marois goes insane in the interim or Boisclair makes a comeback.

Voting PLQ doesn't automatically make you a federalist any more than voting PQ automatically makes you a sovereigntist. You should vote for the most competant government. An election is not a referendum.

Don't be naive... every Anglo knows that the objective, amoung many, of the PQ is the complete marginalization and eventual eradication of the Anglo "problem", a goal in which so far, has been successful. Levesque talked always about "territorial nationalism", but everyone, including PQ militants, knows, wants that to be BS - after all, le definition meme of territorial nationalism is Canada. Xenophobia runs deep in the PQ and amoung soverignists, any Anglo who is voting PQ as a habit is a vendu, a kind of Uncle Tom. Talk to all these guys who complain always of "John James Charest".

Look at just recently in this very forum, a poster mentioned he refuses to reply in English to a Quebecker... as if English is not a valid language in Quebec... the Anglos have no right to have a language, to exist... like they are immigrants, who need to "assimilate"!

The PLQ does not do the Anglo community any favours. Their Anglo MNA's of today are spineless, without interest to represent their constituents and simply there to collect the gold-plated pension. A bag of bagels indeed, I love bagels. Look at Bill 103, which the PQ complains does not go far enough! Unbeliveable and unacceptable in any other place than here. (maybe Belgium! Another basket case imaginary "country")

No political party in Quebec is competent for government. The provincial government needs to keep taxes low and the potholes fixed and STFU. What we get is xenophobic bitching, viaduc de la Concorde and some of the highest taxation regimes in the world, with stagnant economy to match.

Look at the "reasonable accomodation" debate. Could such a stupid waste of cash and time occur in Alberta, land of "Bungalow-desh"? In "Hongcouver"? No way. Or the Bill 92 about burqas and face veils. Have ANY of you seen a woman with a covered Islamic veil over the face? I have seen ONE in Montreal. I see thousands of women with covered faces in the winter, all with a scarf because it is cold! The whole debate is based on nothing, it is nothing but bullshit.

Modifié par Cyrus

That's what habfanman said. Yes they were guys from Québec, but they were all Good old federalist québeckers...the kind you can trust!!:rolleyes:

The Bloc is the only party, federal or not, to trust not to be corrupt, because they don't and will never have enough power to give any favours, but get enough votes to win seats :rotfl:

I know how you feel acpnc. I grew up in London and Toronto (I've been in Onterrible since Sept. 1 and I can't wait to get out. Man I hate this place!) and also lived in Nova Scotia, Alberta and B.C. If I had never visited Québec I would have thought it was a complete disaster. All I ever read in the papers or saw on the news were stories about biker wars, murders, fires, riots, the OLF, Olympic stadium repairs, anglos being repressed, people leaving.. If anything bad happened in Québec you could be sure that it would be all over the english Canadian (Toronto) news 5 minutes after it happened!

It's the same today. Seldom anything positive unless it is something that they absolutely have to report on and even then, they always pick up on the little problems that occur. A perfect example is the Grand Prix. Just about every story in 2008 played up the problem with the track, not the 330,000 people who came and had a blast. In 2009, there were a million stories about how we 'lost' the Grand Prix and when we got it back, another million stories emphasizing that the feds had to throw in a couple of bucks (I look at it as naming rights. If you want to call it the 'Candian Grand Prix', it'll cost you. If not, it's the 'Montréal Grand Prix'). When 330,000 people showed up again in 2010 and there were no problems with the track, CBC ran the shortest article possible- in the Montréal section lol! Same thing with the Montréal Marathon. The CBC ran an article that mentioned the record attendance but: they just had to include a paragraph about a French journalist who had to wait 20 minutes for medical attention at the finish line. Apparently we have organisational problems. The Toronto Marathon? No problems! It was simply FANTASTIC!! Similar story with Rogers Cup. The Toronto media (Canadian media) reported "record attendance" of 160,000 for the men's tourney this year. No mention that the actual attendance records are all held by Montréal- over 200,000 for the men's and 178,000 for the women's.

It's the subtle omissions and exaggerations that drive me crazy. Take BIXI as another example. When it was first launched, the big story in ROC was not that it was wildly successful but that there was a "big problem with vandalism and theft", which was greatly exaggerated- bordering on untrue. There was never a correction when the reports proved to be false. The 'big' story about BIXI now is not the worldwide success (Boston, London, Melbourne, Washington DC, Minneapolis) but that Toronto won't implement the system until they sign up 1,000 members. I guess it can't be any good if Toronto isn't interested in it. If Toronto had of created BIXI though.. whoa! It would be all over every network and newspaper, hailed as a "Great Canadian Invention". Kind of like poutine is now! lol

In my opinion, what is needed here is an english language version of le Devoir or la Presse that will publish/broadcast not only to ROC but more importantly, to the rest of the english-speaking world. Relying on the Toronto (Canadian) media to give a balanced view of Québec is like relying on the Russian media to give an objective outlook on Chechnya. All we have is the Gazette, and that POS is arguably better at Québec bashing than anything in ROC!

:highfive: What you're saying is exactly my experience through all thoses years, reading negative stuff about Québec even when the news were originally good news. It is that recurrence that annoys me, that insistance to discredit who we are and what we do. So at the end they themselves sow the seeds of separatism and water them constantly. Then they complain to be rejected and voted against :confused:

If the ROC isn't pleased with the presence of Québec in Canada why do they oppose separitism? What was the meaning of that love rally in 1995? What does ROC wants finally? This love-hate attitude is becoming largely tiring and does encourage quebecers to go their own way, for better or for worse, but at least our own way :thumbsdown:

Don't be naive... every Anglo knows that the objective, amoung many, of the PQ is the complete marginalization and eventual eradication of the Anglo "problem", a goal in which so far, has been successful. Levesque talked always about "territorial nationalism", but everyone, including PQ militants, knows, wants that to be BS - after all, le definition meme of territorial nationalism is Canada. Xenophobia runs deep in the PQ and amoung soverignists, any Anglo who is voting PQ as a habit is a vendu.....

Here we go again.......