Aller au contenu
publicité

Messages recommendés

He's not saying to close them, but cutting their public fundings. I don't think McGill would be hurt that much, seeing how they have started to charge "real" academic fees.

They could also eliminate them for all I care. This saves money that could be invested into French schools and other institutions such as investing in the teaching of English and other languges in those French schools if parents want them taught to their children.

publicité
  • Réponses 176
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

There isn't any room for more debate here... it is poisoned.

I agree with you for once. I am done debating the constiutional question of Quebec.

However, who has poisoned the debate and added fuel to the fire by claiming that sovereignists are racists, hell-bent on destroying anglophones, claiming that any anglophones that vote PQ are sell-outs and other such imflammatory coments? It was you, Cyrus.

I agree with you for once. I am done debating the constiutional question of Quebec.

However, who has poisoned the debate and added fuel to the fire by claiming that sovereignists are racists, hell-bent on destroying anglophones, claiming that any anglophones that vote PQ are sell-outs and other such imflammatory coments? It was you, Cyrus.

I have enough experience living here and talking to people about such issues that I stand by my statement. Perhaps this forum is lacking "hard line" nationalists, and perhaps even they are not aware. Go outside, to a bar, to another forum, to the street, go en region, listen to radio, talk to people... Even just look at the brouhaha two years ago about the "Fete Nationale" celebrations where someone wanted to sing in English. I was pleasantly surprised to hear Duceppe label the opponents "blue-necks" but lets not pretend that those types are non-existent or even rare in the seperatist "movement".

Also bear in mind your educational suggestions contravene the BNA Act and as such are illegal.

Modifié par Cyrus

in your desire to "eliminate," by state fiat, some of montreal's most historic and revered institutions, you have revealed yourself as a dangerous fanatic and a bigot. i won't discuss this matter with you any longer.

I am a child of Italian immigrants and therefore am not a Québécois de souche. So, how can I be a bigot?

As for McGill University, anglophones should be proud of having created this world-class institution but not at the expense of bitching on the francophones of Quebec who help finance McGill University. Francophones should stop State-funding these English schools and other instiutions and let the anglophones finance itheir own schools and institutions out of their own pockets if the anglohone Quebecers continue to bitch about Quebec.

i didn't accuse you of being a racial/ethnic/nationalist bigot, because i clearly didn't know anything about your ethnicity. your extraordinarily ahistorical and sweeping proposals concerning the "harmonization" of quebec education, however, coupled with your callous disregard for the importance of these institutions to what remains of montreal's english community reveals you to be a linguistic bigot.

the fact that all of these massive, sweeping reforms seem to be predicated on your peevish anger at the "bitching" of the anglo community reveals you to be a weird, unstable character (on this subject at least) -- a "hothead," as you've already admitted.

as such, i'm not prepared to seriously discuss these issues with you. these are radical, strange ideas that no sovereignist leader has ever proposed. they are decidedly outside of the mainstream of the movement, and shouldn't be considered as part of it.