Aller au contenu

STM : Prolongement du métro : annonces générales

Messages recommendés

Awesome news.

I'm not a believer in the Laval "close-the-loop" thing though. I think it's redundant and a waste of money to connect the ends. I think people are all for it because it looks good on a map and would SEEM to make sense. Instead, I think all would be better served if the Bois-Franc extension simply went deeper into Laval. That said, I'm not convinced that portion is going to happen anyways.

• Réponses 387
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

Membres prolifiques

Photos publiées

Awesome news.

I'm not a believer in the Laval "close-the-loop" thing though. I think it's redundant and a waste of money to connect the ends. I think people are all for it because it looks good on a map and would SEEM to make sense. Instead, I think all would be better served if the Bois-Franc extension simply went deeper into Laval. That said, I'm not convinced that portion is going to happen anyways.

well the thing is, in the morning when the metro goes thru the 3 stations in laval, there's no seated spaces left for Montreal.

Plus if you dig another tunnel for the connection of Bois Franc to Laval, what's left to make the connection and make life easier to those travelling to the western portion of the island of Montreal. The costlier thing to do is dig a tunnel under a river.

Finally, more stations in Laval will relieve Montmorency and Cartier Parking lots and attracts more user that are turned off by the impossibility to park, while serving more people within walking distance.

Laval in that area is denser than the rest of Laval island.

Finally, more stations in Laval will relieve Montmorency and Cartier Parking lots and attracts more user that are turned off by the impossibility to park

you'd think they would have earmarked an extra 10 million$ to build multi level parking lots near the metro stations???

If the ultimate goal is to build housing near metro stations, there is no point of buying land to build a multi level car park "in the meantime"

And I agree with Malek, it could relieve the east section of the orange line and that would be usefull especially if combined with an extension of the blue line eastward, those people will need to connect and get on the orange line at some point

If the ultimate goal is to build housing near metro stations, there is no point of buying land to build a multi level car park "in the meantime"

And I agree with Malek, it could relieve the east section of the orange line and that would be usefull especially if combined with an extension of the blue line eastward, those people will need to connect and get on the orange line at some point

Ça serait construit sur les espaces de stationnements déjà réservés par l'AMT. Sinon ça serait du gaspillage de terrain.

It's a shame that with as many stations they are planning to add to the yellow line on the south shore, (presumably bringing substantially more users) an extension in the other direction by 2 or 3 stations into the downtown core to McGill to relieve the crowded Green line isn't being seriously considered.