Aller au contenu
publicité

Échangeur Turcot

WestAust

Messages recommendés

publicité

Les entrées Du Fort et Lucien-L'Allier vont être réouvertes d'ici quelques semaines!
Enfin, je ne me ferai plus couper en roulant sur Saint-Antoine pour aller au Home Depot par les conducteurs qui empiétrent soudainement dans la voie de gauche pour dépasser tous les autres qui attendent pour prendre l'entrée sur Rose-de-Lima!

https://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvelle/1270957/reouverture-bretelles-echangeur-turcot

Réouverture imminente d'une bretelle névralgique de l’échangeur Turcot

Radio-Canada

Publié à 13 h 20

L’une des bretelles névralgiques de l’échangeur Turcot rouvrira lundi prochain et annonce le début de la fin des détours pour de nombreux automobilistes.

Lors d’une visite du mégachantier, qui est désormais réalisé à plus de 79 %, la ministre déléguée aux Transports, Chantal Rouleau, a annoncé jeudi la réouverture imminente de la bretelle menant de l’autoroute 15 nord à l'A-20 ouest. Cette bretelle était fermée depuis décembre 2017.

L’ouverture de cette bretelle donne le coup d’envoi à une série d’ouvertures de voies et de bretelles qui auront lieu cet automne. Il s’agit d’une bonne nouvelle pour les usagers de la route et, bien entendu, les citoyens du secteur, a déclaré Mme Rouleau dans un communiqué de presse.

D’ici la fin de l’année, le ministère des Transports prévoit rouvrir la bretelle menant de l’A-20 est vers l’A-15 nord et la bretelle menant de l’A-15 sud vers l’A-20 ouest. En outre, trois voies sur quatre de la nouvelle route 136 (anciennement l'A-720) ouvriront d'ici quelques semaines, y compris les entrées Du Fort et Lucien-L’Allier.

La seconde moitié du démantèlement de l’ancien échangeur a été réalisée en six mois, de novembre à mai.

Ça a été de la haute voltige, car il fallait construire le nouvel échangeur au même endroit que l’échangeur existant, tout en maintenant un débit journalier de 300 000 véhicules.

Olivier Beaulieu, directeur adjoint de KPH Turcot, consortium responsable des travaux

Près de 900 travailleurs sont à l’œuvre sur le chantier, qui doit être terminé à l’automne 2020.

Le projet prévoit, outre les voies de circulation, l’instauration d’un réseau cyclable, la conception de bassins, ainsi que la plantation de 54 000 arbustes et de 9000 arbres.

11 hours ago, peekay said:

I think the final one will be 15 N to R-136E (downtown). This has been missing for a long time. I am very pleased at the work so far. They have done an amazing job!

Unless they are trying to be mean I don't see it being the last one to open. The entrance to ramp L (15N -> 136E) is shared with K (15N -> 20O) that is opening on Monday. They already used it occasionally during some weekend closures. What prevents it from opening now is the unfinished state of 136. Once both directions are opened on the 136 that ramp should be easy to finish. It will help in a major way with traffic on Bonaventure as trucks can take a straight shot from Samuel de Champlain Bridge and turn toward the port at Turcot instead of playing bumper cars on Robert Bourasa before reaching the ramp to the 720E. This depends on SSL finishing the 15N segment from the bridge, of course. By Christmas it should sort itself out. 

Once we finish celebrating the opening of the shiny new Turcot interchange and Samuel de Champlain Bridge we will get a little breather for maybe a year in 2021 and then will get hammered with Tunnel Lafontaine and St Pierre interchange reconstructions. Then maybe after that the Metropolitan will finally get addressed and maybe, just maybe they will finally figure out what to do with Notre Dame Est. Don't delete Waze from your phone just yet.

• Like 1

Do you guys know what’s going on with the stretch of highway formerly known as the 720? I looked at the maps on the MTQ Turcot website and as far as I understand, the project scope seems to stop well west of Atwater. However as a frequent user of Atwater Av in this area I can attest that the underside of the highway structure there is in a pretty sorry shape. Does the current Turcot project include anything for revamping the 720 around and east of Atwater?

Il y a 6 heures, bob a dit :

Do you guys know what’s going on with the stretch of highway formerly known as the 720? I looked at the maps on the MTQ Turcot website and as far as I understand, the project scope seems to stop well west of Atwater. However as a frequent user of Atwater Av in this area I can attest that the underside of the highway structure there is in a pretty sorry shape. Does the current Turcot project include anything for revamping the 720 around and east of Atwater?

yes, about 150m west of Atwater the reconstruction starts, just east of Greene. Greene has a reconstructed viaduct, and just east of Greene it is now on an embankment (as it is west of Greene) but further east towards Atwater it becomes the old concrete raised structure.

Looking out the window from the Exo commuter train I saw some minor maintenance being done on the 720 O. and particularly on the closed onramp from Lucien-L'Allier but nothing major.

Le 2019-08-22 à 21:54, nephersir7 a dit :

f there's any logic in the names, M-N-O-P-Q will probably be completed after L

Apparently, a different logic is being followed.  For instance, according to the diagram provided by @ScarletCoral ,  P  ( from Saint-Jacques to A-15 north) is set to open this fall, while L and M would only open in 2020.  Note also that there appears to be no explicit counterpart to P, ie. a link from A-15 south to Saint-Jacques.

Additionally, I keep on remarking that the course of the A-20 from the Island of Montreal to the beginning of the (much longer, and thus main)  Jean-Lesage component of the A-20 (starting at the southern end of A-25) will continue to be beset by three segments each limited to a single lane: in an easterly direction:  in the Turcot interchange, then the southern exit (no 53) of Samuel-de-Champlain bridge (270-degree curve) and finally from the René-Lévesque autoroute (r-132/A-20) at exit no 89e.  All this hardly qualifies as a "thruway" (American).  It's merely a collage of three distinct, poorly connected highways bearing the same number.  Perhaps the weak connections are justified by the fact (?) that the main traffic flows are different, but if so, I would be more "at ease" with a route numbering system that dispels the illusion of a continuous A-20.  In reality, autoroute du Souvenir is a stretch of highway from the Ontario border to downtown Montreal;  autoroute Jean-Lesage is a highway on the south shore of the Saint-Lawrence, ending at the L.-H. Lafontaine bridge-tunnel;  and the René-Lévesque autoroute is a short extension (along the right bank of the river facing Montreal) of the highway (currently A-15) leading to New York State I-87*.  But then again, a different logic is applied!   Same with the course of  A-15.  

* Ironically, the I-87 is similarly beset, as the northern section (from the Quebec border to the I-90),  is toll free, while its southern section is part of the "New York Thruway", which is tolled. The connections between the east-west I-90 and the southern section of I-87 are seamless, while the links between the two sections of I-87 are complicated.  But the case of Autobahn 4 in Germany is much worse.  

• Like 1