Aller au contenu

Messages recommendés

Fibe Internet is enabled by advanced VDSL2 technology enhancements to Bell's Fibre-to-the-node (FTTN) network in Toronto and Montr�al. By next month, Bell will have passed 1.8 million homes with advanced VDSL2 capability, and approximately 3.6 million FTTN households in Qu�bec and Ontario will be enhanced by the end of 2010.

Bell IPTV Bell's advanced FTTN network also supports the addition of Bell IPTV to the Bell TV line-up in 2010. All-digital Bell IPTV (internet protocol television) will deliver a wide range of advanced television and entertainment services over Bell's fibre network to customers in Toronto and Montr�al this year.

"Bell IPTV is the perfect urban complement to our fast-growing Bell TV service, which already serves almost 2 million Canadians coast to coast and offers far more HD channels than any other provider in the country," said Kevin Crull. "Bell TV is already the digital TV leader across Canada, but Bell IPTV will soon significantly enhance competition and consumer choice in TV services in these core urban markets."

http://www.canadianbusiness.com/markets/cnw/article.jsp?content=20100204_070502_6_cnw_cnw

Can't wait to see their IPTV offering, and finaly have an alternative to Videotron!

• Réponses 239
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

Fibe Internet is enabled by advanced VDSL2 technology enhancements to Bell's Fibre-to-the-node (FTTN) network in Toronto and Montr�al. By next month, Bell will have passed 1.8 million homes with advanced VDSL2 capability, and approximately 3.6 million FTTN households in Qu�bec and Ontario will be enhanced by the end of 2010.

Bell IPTV Bell's advanced FTTN network also supports the addition of Bell IPTV to the Bell TV line-up in 2010. All-digital Bell IPTV (internet protocol television) will deliver a wide range of advanced television and entertainment services over Bell's fibre network to customers in Toronto and Montr�al this year.

"Bell IPTV is the perfect urban complement to our fast-growing Bell TV service, which already serves almost 2 million Canadians coast to coast and offers far more HD channels than any other provider in the country," said Kevin Crull. "Bell TV is already the digital TV leader across Canada, but Bell IPTV will soon significantly enhance competition and consumer choice in TV services in these core urban markets."

http://www.canadianbusiness.com/markets/cnw/article.jsp?content=20100204_070502_6_cnw_cnw

Can't wait to see their IPTV offering, and finaly have an alternative to Videotron!

I could hopefully get rid of the Bell ExpressVu.

So, I had the connection installed about an hour ago. Bell advertises 16 Mb/s. On speedtest.net, I'm getting a speed of 11 Mb/s on WiFi. I haven't tried it with an ethernet cable yet. The upload speed is pretty low, at 600 kb/s. On pingtest.net, I get great results for my connection, with low ping times, negligible jitter and 0% packet loss.

Up until this morning, my ISP was a wholesale DSL and VoIP provider. I had severe intermittence issues. Instead of trying to solve anything, they blamed the wiring inside my apartment and building, which I can now say was not to blame. Before that, I had Videotron and their extremely low bandwidth cap.

And because I'm a former Bell customer, I'm getting a pretty darn good rate, about the same as the bundle price of Videotron's 7.5 Mb/s connection and three times the bandwidth Videotron offers (and 50% more speed). More importantly, no contract. Videotron always ties you in with an automatically renewable contract.

One more thing: it's important to specify that this is just a newer generation of DSL, and not optical fibre to the home as Bell claims. It's still a copper-based service. But I'm satisfied. I'll take Bell over Videotron anyday.

One more thing: it's important to specify that this is just a newer generation of DSL, and not optical fibre to the home as Bell claims. It's still a copper-based service. But I'm satisfied. I'll take Bell over Videotron anyday.

It's FTTN (Fiber to the node) the only copper wiring remaining is between the bode and your house, and wiring inside your house.

They never claimed it was FTTH (up to the house) like they will be doing in Quebec city.

Even with FTTN, they will be able to offer IPTV and good internet speed, which itself is a good improvement.

I just don't know how well this service will work in the west island. Seeing the closer you are to Bell's CO the better the connection speed is :/

My best bet before was to switch from Colba to TekSavvy get MLPPP dryloop. Seeing one dryloop @ 5 Mbps with unlimited is $47.20 a month. So I would need another 2 dryloops somehow which would be a total of 15 Mbps (theoretical) which means really 9-12 Mbps (in the real world) but thats $141.60 per month for something that has unlimited download / upload and pretty decent speed.

Seeing this is around now decent speed at a decent price, but now I have to figure out how much I am downloading / uploading. I myself download / upload around 60 / 90 GB a month. So say I need like 270 GB per month and 16 Mbps plan has 90 GB and I can get another 40 GB per month for $5 that still leaves me with 140 GB of missing capacity to download / upload. So I am wondering if I get can get 5x the 40 GB plans, that be like $25 extra each month if I was allowed LOL I hope thats allowed. Seeing that would be almost half the price of the 3 dryloops from Teksavvy.

My best bet before was to switch from Colba to TekSavvy get MLPPP dryloop.

How reliable is TekSavvy? I was with another DSL provider who buys their bandwidth from Bell. Their connection was crap, at times slowing to under 100 kb/s, when I didn't lose it altogether. The outages occurred multiple times a day. The bad ones would last over half an hour. Which caused a problem because I had VoIP with them too. The bundled service was $55 a month, but the quality of the product was nowhere near acceptable and their customer service was awful.

Incidentally, if you want uncapped Internet, you can get Videotron's business high speed service. It's 7.5 Mb/s, but an actual 7.5 since it's cable. It's more expensive than their residential high speed connection, but it comes with unlimited usage. I would have gone that route, but Videotron has screwed me over so many times that I just don't want to give them any more money. I hate Quebecor to the death.

How reliable is TekSavvy? I was with another DSL provider who buys their bandwidth from Bell. Their connection was crap, at times slowing to under 100 kb/s, when I didn't lose it altogether. The outages occurred multiple times a day. The bad ones would last over half an hour. Which caused a problem because I had VoIP with them too. The bundled service was $55 a month, but the quality of the product was nowhere near acceptable and their customer service was awful.

Incidentally, if you want uncapped Internet, you can get Videotron's business high speed service. It's 7.5 Mb/s, but an actual 7.5 since it's cable. It's more expensive than their residential high speed connection, but it comes with unlimited usage. I would have gone that route, but Videotron has screwed me over so many times that I just don't want to give them any more money. I hate Quebecor to the death.

I was checking out Verizon Fios in the US. 15 Mbps (down), 5 Mbps (up) and no cap at $55 US per month, say its $60 CDN per month. Honestly thats what we should have here. Seeing Verizon Fios is pretty much FTTH. :stirthepot:

I work for a company that makes optic fiber here in mexico and one our 3 biggest customers are telus, verizon and bell canada although and orders have increased for this year, seems like the crisis didn't affect the telecommunications business as much as others.

I read on another forum... if I go with Bell Fibe 25 which is $49.95 a month and go over the limit they can charge up to $30 extra and after that I can still use up the bandwidth.... So I can get 25 Mbps (download) for $79.95 a month (unlimited)... If thats true that for sure beats Videotron's 7.5 Mbps unlimited business line.

I read on another forum... if I go with Bell Fibe 25 which is $49.95 a month and go over the limit they can charge up to $30 extra and after that I can still use up the bandwidth.... So I can get 25 Mbps (download) for $79.95 a month (unlimited)... If thats true that for sure beats Videotron's 7.5 Mbps unlimited business line.

I would take that any day.

Anyone knows just how available this service is in Montréal? I bought a new place, I really want this...