Aller au contenu

Échangeur Turcot

WestAust

Messages recommendés

On 2019-12-08 at 10:18 AM, JB667 said:

I think so too cause no falsework was required to install it , just like the mast on St-Jacques .

The  construction worker in the video on page 235 states at 1:02 minutes that the pylon for the St-Jacques viaduct supports 75% of its final weight, however. There was also temporary bracing under the viaduct that was removed after the cables were installed.

I think its logical to assume that the canal bridge's pylon will also support part of its final weight, even if the percentage isn't quite as high as for the St-Jacques viaduct.

• Like 3

Le 2019-08-22 à 15:39, denpanosekai a dit :

Just give me Verendrye towards 15S PLEASE................... (looks almost finished BTW, surprised it's not on this map)

Le 2019-08-22 à 16:16, mattrga a dit :

I'm sorry to report that according to the MTQ website, Verendrye towards 15S will only open in 2020: https://www.turcot.transports.gouv.qc.ca/fr/travaux/travaux-en-cours/secteur-sud/Pages/default.aspx

Bonne nouvelle !  :thumbsup:  Mieux vaut tard que jamais...

ELhParXWsAAcXRK.jpg
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2019-12-08 at 10:18 AM, JB667 said:

I think so too cause no falsework was required to install it , just like the mast on St-Jacques .

The fact that the structure is self supporting does not mean that it can take extra loads from passing vehicles. It's been stated that the cables on the St-Jacques Bridge will be bearing a significant part of the weight.