Aller au contenu

Échangeur Dorval

IluvMTL

Messages recommendés

D'accord sur tous les points, acpnc.

Concernant la "politique qui a ses propres règles", je dirais que les "règles" de celle-ci se développent et s'adaptent au gré du comportement des électeurs ainsi que de la façon dont les journalistes (tous media confondus) traitent (et pas seulement "rapportent") les nouvelles--par exemple, dans le cas qui nous occupe dans ce fil, il eut été sans doute approprié de demander au gouvernement de l'époque comment ce projet allait affecter ses autres priorités.

Je réalise que cette discussion peut sembler s'écarter dangeureusement du thème "infrastructures', mais en fait, la volonté polititique et le financement qui "l'accompagne" sont tout aussi importants que les considérations techniques. (Si l'on admet que le résultat final doit être concret, pas juste une belle pile de plans modifiés aux cinq ans)

• 2 mois plus tard...

Hey everyone, I'm a new member and thought I'd start off with some brand-new pictures of the Rond-Point Dorval project. All shots were taken today, from a car, so please excuse the dirty windows lol

New overpass linking Avenue Bouchard with the circle:

IMG_1552

IMG_1559

New overpass (currently under construction) that will merge into highway 20 east:

IMG_1569

New overpasses (some built, some under construction) within the airport site:

IMG_1604

IMG_1606

IMG_1615

IMG_1618

Thanks for these pictures Chris. I didn't tought this project was yet started !

Do you drive around there everydays ? Could you tell me when, according to you, this started ?

Franks.

Franks, when I passed there in july 2009, on my way to Toronto (by train), it seemed it was long underway. Huge piles of dirt and lots of activity... maybe Chris has a more precise date.

A lot of the work closer to the airport, west of cote-de-liesse, side streets and acess roads have been complete, and what seems like most of the overpasses structures have been poured, but there aren't many major spans up yet.

Over highway 20, they built a new overpass for boulevard bouchard about 20 feet to the left of the old one in the fall and winter. They also poured the structures for the direct highway access from the airport in the winter, and put up half of the span last night.

Also, the budget rental car place next to the Fairfield Marriot is moving to the old Honda dealership that is next to the Mcdonals on the service road. They have signs up saying spring 2010 they are moving. The land they are on will then be used to complete the overpass from the highway, direct to boulevard romeo-vachon.

No work has been done on the Circle itslef, only the airport roads.

Kotar pretty much said it all. It seems the major parts of construction began in late May, early June 2009 and by the time they slowed down construction in December, the first overpass for Bouchard Avenue was complete, with many of the cement pillars already in place for the next set of overpasses.

As Malek said, a lot of the area is just massive piles of dirt lol It's really incredible how high they reach, considering the area isn't that big. And Thanks for the welcome! :)

If you haven't been to the area in a while, it is certainly worth a look!

• 1 mois plus tard...

An interesting viewpoint, I pass by on the 20 every day twice, even weekends :D but never venture outside it to see the other side :D

I don't know if I agree fully with the interchange design (example - taking Cote de Liesse from 20 westbound changes from piece of cake to pain in ass, I know they can take the 13 but the cloverleaf weaving isn't ideal) but I imagine it will solve the biggest issues here which is very good for the safety of road users and pedestrians in the area, and very good for users of the airport and taxi drivers to have those direct ramps with the 20. I am so surprised that it is actually being done, after so many years of typical Montreal chialage (started in '98 or so?). PS it is the old Harland Pontiac-Buick-GMC dealer, property of MTQ, that is now the Budget Rent-A-Car :) I think that site will become the future STM parking lot / bus terminal, anyone know?

Anyone know what is happening to the Autoroute 20 remblai / overpasses over the Circle itself? The pavement there on the westbound 20 is so terrible I am always thinking my car is going to bounce into the wall even at 115 km/h...

Modifié par Cyrus

• 4 mois plus tard...