publicité
  • Réponses 1,2k
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

Membres prolifiques

Photos publiées

HabsFan,

This is no architectural masterpiece.. lets be honest for a second.

Architectural preference, the degree to which we find a building appealing, is ultimately a subjective and personal matter of opinion. Let's be honest for a second.

I like the building.

I also do like it very much for its very simplicity. I actually like it better than a lot of those architecturally "overdone" buildings being build in Dubai and accross Asia.

Agreed! We need more simple yet elegant glass towers.

Nothing wrong with Dubai-esque architecture.. in fact a lot of it is stunning, but in Dubai's case i think it's just "too much". When you have an exciting and unique building in a sea of exciting and unique buildings, it greatly lowers the impact of the architecture to the point where it becomes irritating.

The transamerica pyramid in San Francisco is beautiful and one of the things that makes it great is that it is alone in San Francisco. If every 3rd building was as unique and eccentric and different, the pyramid would lose what makes it special -- its uniqueness. Hence why Dubai bugs me sometimes..

Is there only 2 types of building, ugly or masterpiece? There are building that are clean, simple, yet elegant because of their simplicity.

The same could apply with cars, a Lamborghini is excentric, full of openings here and there, a bmw next to it almost looks bland, yet that doesnt make it ugly.

HabsFan,

This is no architectural masterpiece.. lets be honest for a second.

Agreed, but a building doesn't have to be an architectural masterpiece to be nice.:thumbsup:;) I like the fact that it's a simple glass tower. We don't have many of those in Montreal and a new one would be appreciated!<

Nothing wrong with Dubai-esque architecture.. in fact a lot of it is stunning, but in Dubai's case i think it's just "too much". When you have an exciting and unique building in a sea of exciting and unique buildings, it greatly lowers the impact of the architecture to the point where it becomes irritating.

The transamerica pyramid in San Francisco is beautiful and one of the things that makes it great is that it is alone in San Francisco. If every 3rd building was as unique and eccentric and different, the pyramid would lose what makes it special -- its uniqueness. Hence why Dubai bugs me sometimes..

Cataclaw sums it up pretty well here. Too much of something is never good. A little variety is always appreciated!

This is the reason why I'm a big audi fan.

Here here!!!

I just saw the new A5 downtown today. What a beautiful car. Can't wait to see the S5 version!