Aller au contenu

Développement du secteur Fairview

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

Le 2022-04-22 à 12:22, Djentmaster001 a dit :

It's amazing how every major city in North America is back on track with major real estate projects and revitalisation. Meanwhile, Montreal is so damn slow and late to the game, it's really sad to see. Between constant blocking, red tape, lack of support, we continue to lose out compared to other cities, such a shame. 

Maybe you should get out more lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Faitlemou said:

Maybe you should get out more lol

Considering I've lived in 4 major cities in North America, travelled to almost all continents and track major projects in major cities, I've gone out plenty. 

How about you? Besides the basement and around the block. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Le 2022-04-23 à 08:07, wellz a dit :

We have been behind since the 70s. Welcome to Quebec!

Where have you been living for the past seven years ? O.o

Btw, Montreal is on the podium with New-York and Toronto for the most towers being built in North America.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Né entre les rapides said:

Great advice!  If you allow me, I would add the following:

- Despite red tape etc., the City of Montreal and the whole metropolitan region continues to register exceptional contruction activity, notably in terms of residential units completed and under construction.  Numerous problems remain, but one could not pretend that the whole of Montreal is not moving.  

- Take a closer look at all the major cities in North America: unsurprisingly, some are growing faster than Montreal, but many more are virtually stagnant -- some are even losing population.  But more importantly, red tape and other obstacles to development, including nymbyism, are extremely pervasive in a few, for example the Bay Area (San Francisco-San Jose).  To my knowledge, no metropolitan area   is exempt from all possible defects.  It is either lack of affordable housing, uncontrollable urban sprawl,  traffic congestion, criminality, homelessness, environmental vulnerability, etc.  

I would not argue that Montreal is first of the class, but it is certainly not last.  

I agree with your assessment. After being away from Montreal/Quebec/Canada for 14 years, I am amazed at development activity that has taken place in the city. My disappointment is not that Montreal attracts smaller projects (although larger ones are welcomed), but that those smaller projects still attract very short-sighted and narrow nimbyism. CF plans three 58 storey towers on their comparable site in Toronto and no doubt they will be built. In Pointe Claire, CF now plans three 27 storey towers and is faced with:

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/pointe-claire-divided-following-exclusion-of-fairview-parking-lot-from-zoning-freeze-1.5873636

The real-estate development company wants to build three 27-storey towers near the new REM station. Building on 900-car parking lot was off limits until this week, when council voted to reverse this restriction — a decision Pointe-Claire mayor Tim Thomas opposes.

“Hopefully councillors come to their senses and change their mind,” he said.

Christian Marcotte, who has lived in Pointe-Claire for 55 years, is also against the decision.

“Condos are going up everywhere, and I feel like the city is being sold to promoters,” she said.

“I don’t recognize my city.”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KOOL said:

Where have you been living for the past seven years ? O.o

Btw, Montreal is on the podium with New-York and Toronto for the most towers being built in North America.

Just to clarify, my previous comment was about reaching pre pandemic levels. MTL is still very slow in the recovery. 

We aren't on the same podium anymore either, that was 5 years ago. T.O, NYC, Miami, LA, Seattle, etc.. are building much more now. Covid slowed us down and we're very slow to the recovery so far.

45 minutes ago, Djentmaster001 said:

T.O, NYC, Miami, LA, Seattle,

Grand Toronto : 7 millions d'habitants

Grand NYC : 20 millions d'habitants

Grand Miami : 6,1 millions d'habitants

Grand LA : 13,2 millions d'habitants

Grand Seattle : 3,5 millions d'habitants (donc la seule comparable à Montréal)

Et tu te bases sur quoi pour dire que le recovery était plus lent ? Le nombre de bâtiments en construction, le nombre de bâtiments proposés depuis 2020, la hauteur de ces bâtiments ? Est-ce que c'est plutôt le nombre de nouvelles unités en construction ou livrés + la superficie de bureaux en construction ou livrés? Est-ce que c'est plutôt l'économie de la ville (à ce sujet, Montréal était l'une des ville qui a été le moins impacté économiquement et qui a le mieux reprise) ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

il y a 32 minutes, Wave Arts a dit :

Grand Toronto : 7 millions d'habitants

Grand NYC : 20 millions d'habitants

Grand Miami : 6,1 millions d'habitants

Grand LA : 13,2 millions d'habitants

Grand Seattle : 3,5 millions d'habitants (donc la seule comparable à Montréal)

Et tu te bases sur quoi pour dire que le recovery était plus lent ? Le nombre de bâtiments en construction, le nombre de bâtiments proposés depuis 2020, la hauteur de ces bâtiments ? Est-ce que c'est plutôt le nombre de nouvelles unités en construction ou livrés + la superficie de bureaux en construction ou livrés? Est-ce que c'est plutôt l'économie de la ville (à ce sujet, Montréal était l'une des ville qui a été le moins impacté économiquement et qui a le mieux reprise) ?

Quand on était à notre meilleur et qu’on battait des villes plus populeuses on utilisait pas cette excuse par contre hehe. Je pense que le dynamisme de l’économie joue plus que le reste.

Par contre à Montréal on a beaucoup de mal avec le Nimbyisme même au centre-ville. Et pour empirer les choses, le parti au pouvoir aime se targuer d’être anti-promoteur. Donc je pense que c’est surtout ça qui cause un ralentissement.

• Like 1