Aller au contenu

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

Calgary a du réduire le scope du projet de la Green Line à cause des inconnus liés au tunnel.  Nouvl-R est littéralement dans le champ à l'aéroport et ils ont des enjeux avec le tunnel (rapidité d'éxécution et séchage du marais). Et n'oublions pas le trou sur Rideau à Ottawa qui a retardé l'ouverture de plus d'un an. https://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/ottawa-sinkhole-day-3-engineers-visit-tunnel-while-workers-fix-utilities/

La CDPQi pourrait tout simplement dire au gouvernement, on veut des garanties de rendement et de dépassements de coûts, qu'ils n'assument pas pour la partie au C-V.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

il y a 49 minutes, p_xavier a dit :

Calgary a du réduire le scope du projet de la Green Line à cause des inconnus liés au tunnel.  Nouvl-R est littéralement dans le champ à l'aéroport et ils ont des enjeux avec le tunnel (rapidité d'éxécution et séchage du marais). Et n'oublions pas le trou sur Rideau à Ottawa qui a retardé l'ouverture de plus d'un an. https://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/ottawa-sinkhole-day-3-engineers-visit-tunnel-while-workers-fix-utilities/

La CDPQi pourrait tout simplement dire au gouvernement, on veut des garanties de rendement et de dépassements de coûts, qu'ils n'assument pas pour la partie au C-V.

Le coût n'est qu'une des axes du rendement. Il y a aussi le facteur temps.

On le voit déjà avec le tunnel du Mont-Royal et celui de l'aéroport (2 environnements grandement différents et pourtant non-maitrisé). J'aurais été plus inquiet si CDPQi agissait comme si un tunnel sous R-L était un walk-in-the-park.

Il y a 4 heures, IluvMTL a dit :

Donnez votre avis avant la date limite!

https://monrem.ca/participez

Plusieurs participants parlent beaucoup de bruits et vibrations, et comment ça va affecter la tranquillité de leur rue... un train électrique va vibrer davantage et sera plus bruyant que toute les voitures, poids lourd et trains diesel qui passent le long de Notre-Dame/Souligny/Sherbrooke?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Exactement! En anglais, on dit que ces personnes se répandent de la FUD (fear, uncertainty, doubt). Pas besoin de faits ou de résultats d’études pour répandre la FUD.

I lived directly along the DM tracks and I can tell you I could barely hear the big, heavy MR-90s go by other than the clack-clack of the wheels on the unwelded rail gaps every 20 metres or so.

REM will have continuous welded rail, lighter stock, and significantly less powerful motors. The only time it could possibly be loud for those in the surrounding area would be in a trench with vertical concrete walls, and no ballast under the tracks.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, SameGuy said:

Perfect! 

In other cities with modern, efficient mass transit systems, very few lines built after the original ones radiate from the downtown core. The lines should all mesh with each other so that people can get where they need to go throughout the city, not just downtown like the old commuter paradigm. We don’t really have the option to build a true S-Bahn or RER so we should be taking advantage of our available rights of way just outside the core to build interconnected mass transit lines, rather than this vanity project.

I think that Montreal's case can probably be more closely compared to Paris. We've got a few lines that have stations very close to each other, but don't have an efficient system of lines that have longer distance between stations and extend farther out of the city core. Since the current system can't really play this role all that well, we don't have much choice but to build another system to take on this role. In Tokyo, they went a completly different route. Many metro routes allow intercity trains to enter metro tunnel and even stop at metro stations. The distance between doors is standard which mean that the system is compatible quay doors. During the hours when the metro system is closed, it is possible to send merchandise trains through.

This is the type of system that I would prefer to see implemented in Montreal since I think it has the greatest possible benefits. The REM has already somewhat locked part of the existing network into another paradigm, but it isn't too late for the rest of the network. We have a lot of existing freight tracks which we really should strive to make better use of. Adding just one track on some of those corridors could be enough to allow regular 2 way all day services. Rolling in automation on both passenger and freight train would also contribute quite a bit toward making this possible. Ultimately, this will likely might require the intervention of the Canadian Government.

• Thanks 1

Il y a 2 heures, SameGuy a dit :

Exactement! En anglais, on dit que ces personnes se répandent de la FUD (fear, uncertainty, doubt). Pas besoin de faits ou de résultats d’études pour répandre la FUD.

I lived directly along the DM tracks and I can tell you I could barely hear the big, heavy MR-90s go by other than the clack-clack of the wheels on the unwelded rail gaps every 20 metres or so.

REM will have continuous welded rail, lighter stock, and significantly less powerful motors. The only time it could possibly be loud for those in the surrounding area would be in a trench with vertical concrete walls, and no ballast under the tracks.

Exactly

I was in Vancouver 3 weeks ago and the skytrain is very quiet. 

• Like 2

Il y a 3 heures, crosbyshow a dit :

skytrain is very quiet

Bon, on parlera pas de quand on est à l'intérieur des voitures du skytrain, surtout les plus vieilles, mais c'est vrai que de l'extérieur des trains et des stations, y'a pas vraiment de dérangement quant au bruit. C'qui est étonnant considérant c'que c'est quand on est passager.

• Like 1