Aller au contenu

L'hôtel Hilton Montréal Bonaventure changera bientôt de propriétaire et de nom

yarabundi

Messages recommendés

Invité Olivier2160
Les quartiers avec étudiants sont souvent les plus dynamiques d'une ville. Wake-up.

En tout cas, il ne se passe pas grand chose près du EVO Université , c'est au 3/4 vide. Seules quelques lumières sont allumées le soir. Je sais pas c'est comment pour celui sur Sherbrooke.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

I don't see this as bad news. While Bonaventure is an interesting location, it's not "typical" and probably was very limited in terms of what kind of renovations could be done. Hilton will for sure be present under its primary banner somewhere in Montreal again very soon. I'm speculating but as someone who follows the industry pretty closely, i'd be shocked if they weren't.

Cet hôtel fort discret est un des excellents sites à Montréal. Super bien situé au-dessus du Montréal souterrain et son interminable réseau de boutiques et commerces; directement relié au métro; avec des jardins magnifiques qui donnent l'impression d'être au niveau du sol et avec une très belles piscines extérieures, tout de même assez rare parmi les hôtels au centre-ville. J'ose espérer que cet hôtel continuera d'accueillir longtemps les touristes, car c'est un plus dans la parc hôtelier de Montréal.

• 1 mois plus tard...

I'd venture that, if true, this is simply a timing issue. The franchise/management agreement was probably expiring on the Bonaventure property and they couldn't agree on terms. Could have been the hotel operator that decided not to renew as a Hilton. Either way, i'm sure Hilton will be back, it's a matter of waiting for the right real estate/opportunity to open up. Despite what some here want to believe, Montreal remains a strong hotel market.

I'm no expert in hotels, but from what we can see, Hilton got squeezed out of the market, Marriott built/renovated a bunch of properties downtown in the last few years, Starwood did the same, while Hilton only opened the Garden Inn and Embassy suites(they had quite a few rumored/abandoned projects, the Hampton Inn, the Hilton where babylon is supposed to rise, the Denizen brand fiasco) And that is not counting the independent hotels and other chains that have invested in this city (new Holiday Inn, complete renovation of the Hyatt...)

I trully believe they will be back, sooner than later as they cannot not be in a market like montreal, it's looking like they didn't play their hand well, and ended up with an aging property, and no project on the table.