Aller au contenu
publicité

Messages recommendés

I hate writing about negative things, but... Concordia needs to do something urgently about the fact that their downtown campus is probably the dirtiest of all of North America. I don't think having some construction work is an excuse for this. It is certainly not an excuse anywhere else I've been to.

I have been offered a great postdoctoral position at Concordia and the only reason I might reject it is because I get depressed one out of every two times I walk around campus (it does look ok for a few hours after it's cleaned by destination centre-ville) :( Most students don't seem to care, but the international students I've known for long enough do make comments about it once in a while. Local students don't seem to care as far as I'm concerned. The usual argument agains't caring is that there are other more important issues to spend money on. I believe the motivation of students and researchers and the attractiveness of the university to new people should be a top issue.

I'd be a little ashamed to show the place to my family when they come to visit me, and I really hope this changes by then :(

publicité

Je n'ai jamais considéré ce coin si moche que ça, personnellement! je dirais même que les dernières fois où j'ai fréquenté le coin, j'ai bien aimé l'occupation des nouveaux aménagements. Lorsque tout les travaux seront finis, ce sera plutôt joli, et la foule qu'on y trouve n'est pas "trash", ce n'est pas un coin d'itinérants et de prostituées... J'imagine qu'on a tous une perception différente de ce lieu!

monctezuma, I think it's everyone, there are just too many people on that corner every day and I don't think there is any way to educate everyone, so I believe the only effective solution would be to spend enough money on it, or set up some volunteer program. The city is not allowed to hire volunteers for cleaning the streets, because cleaning crew unions do not allow this, and for the same reason I don't think Conocordia can do it either. Also I don't think donations to private organizations helping clean up city streets can be tax deductible, so basically what is needed is enough rich people who care about it. If I were rich, this place would be spotless :)

vincenthewipet, I think the place changes a lot. Sometimes it's very clean. This morning, as well as many other times I've been there, it was too dirty for my taste. I guess I'd like it too be clean all the time, but I'm a bit ocd, so my opinion might sound a little exaggerated.

• 2 semaines plus tard...

Huh? Dirty? Where?

Campus doesn't seem dirty at all. I'm there every day and "dirty" is the last word I would qualify it as. Sometimes the trash cans are filled to the brim but overall the new open spaces and plazas are great.

Relative to other downtown locations in Montreal, the Concordia district doesn't seem more or less dirty. It seems fine to me!

Huh? Dirty? Where?

Campus doesn't seem dirty at all. I'm there every day and "dirty" is the last word I would qualify it as. Sometimes the trash cans are filled to the brim but overall the new open spaces and plazas are great.

Relative to other downtown locations in Montreal, the Concordia district doesn't seem more or less dirty. It seems fine to me!

I'm beginning to think I'm crazy. I will take a couple of photos of what I see next time I'm there. It's the corner of Guy at Maisonneuve the one I occasionally find dirtier than other parts of Downtown. Don't get me wrong, I really like Concordia. It's the litter that bothers me sometimes.

I'm beginning to think I'm crazy. I will take a couple of photos of what I see next time I'm there. It's the corner of Guy at Maisonneuve the one I occasionally find dirtier than other parts of Downtown. Don't get me wrong, I really like Concordia. It's the litter that bothers me sometimes.

I know what you mean, sometimes there's just trash everywhere, but for the most part, it's as tidy as anywhere else.

One gripe I have related to this is the new trash cans they installed in the area, that have lids on them. Once it gets "full", instead of being able to jam more stuff in the edges like a wide mouth one, people just end up placing their trash on the brim on the can, and then it eventually falls onto the ground, and over an hour of this, makes a little pile of trash on the ground. It's a small thing, but it still irks me.

new snaps of metro building re-cladding? how are the sidewalks/bikelanes doing on maisonneuve between bishop and mackay? man, since the faubourg deal didn't go through, it reactivates an old fantasy of mine about scoring that lot behind the tim horton/al taib for a student union, and completing the plaza.

new snaps of metro building re-cladding? how are the sidewalks/bikelanes doing on maisonneuve between bishop and mackay? man, since the faubourg deal didn't go through, it reactivates an old fantasy of mine about scoring that lot behind the tim horton/al taib for a student union, and completing the plaza.

That was actually the plan a long time ago! I remember seeing some designs and massings. It would have been 7-10 floors If I remember correctly. I can't remember if the designs were somewhat legit or made by urban planning students, either way it was interesting!

Anyway, I agree with you. I'd love to see that lot developed. It's the only empty lot on campus, and unfortunately it's right in the middle of campus. Concordia already owns it, if i'm not mistaken..