Aller au contenu
publicité

Expos de Montréal

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

il y a 2 minutes, peekay a dit :

Hmmm interesting but what if they rent a house here for 5 months only? June-October(world series 😀) They still pay QC taxes? What is the limit? If I hire a US consultant for 6 weeks, does he pay QC Income taxes if he rents a house here?

I think where you pay taxes depends on where you live at the time.  I suppose you also need a permit to work in Canada if you are not a citizen.

• Like 1

publicité
2 minutes ago, ToxiK said:

I think where you pay taxes depends on where you live at the time.  I suppose you also need a permit to work in Canada if you are not a citizen.

I guess so. But at less than 6 months, you do not have access to Medicare or any other services for residents, so I wonder.

Just now, peekay said:

I guess so. But at less than 6 months, you do not have access to Medicare or any other services for residents, so I wonder.

edit: I mean no Health Card

My understanding is pro athletes pay income tax based on where they play… including road games.  It’s complicated but that is definitely part of it. For example, Montreal Canadiens players income tax is based on playing a portion of their games in Quebec but an equivalent number across other jurisdictions in Canada and USA. It’s not as simple as a Habs player pays QC tax and a Red Wings player pays Michigan tax.  

il y a 22 minutes, SameGuy a dit :

Speed skating oval

Its already been mention in the press, both here and abroad: split seasons between both cities: Montreal when its hot and muggy in Florida (July and August), Florida when its just too darned cold here. They will split for playoffs; best deal I can think of in the short term.

1 hour ago, Rocco said:

I wonder what will be the purpose of the open-air stadium from october to early june?

Any number of outdoor events.  Winter festivities, holiday market, skating, ski jump. And then in the spring there are a number of events that can be held outdoors. There are more and more ways to protect the grass at these stadiums compared to in the past. 

1 minute ago, Nameless_1 said:

Nobody better positioned than a hockey player/ref to speak of economics and business plans.  :)