Aller au contenu

Messages recommendés

• Réponses 69
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

Although TVA Sports has been given the license, we won't be watching anytime soon. I heard 2012 - 2013 will be on air. Who knows what might happen in terms of franchises. I think seeing the Nordiques playing in the NHL is far more real than an NBA, MLB or NFL in this city. There simply isn't any interest.

That's true, Quebecor might want the Nordiques. The Montreal-Quebec series might be a ploy for that to happen. Major league sports is hard in Canada. Other than Toronto, no other city has been able to sustain it.

Having an NFL team in Montreal would be insane. Where can I sign up for season tickets? I guarantee you NFL would work here. That being said, we'd have to build a new stadium, preferably in the downtown area, because the big O is a waste land and very far from the action.

I'm pretty sure with a new stadium downtown, an NFL team could fill about 40 000+ seats a game. Many football fans in Montreal don't even watch CFL and are just waiting for an NFL franchise to arrive. And like Maisonneuve said, I think many CFL fans would convert them selves to NFL or would keep following both.

Of course it'll be bad for the CFL, but I'd take an NFL franchise over any other professional sports franchise ANY TIME. I'd rather even have an NFL franchise in Montreal then a new 60-storey building downtown. (Oh wait... I might have to re-think that one over...)

As for an NBA franchise, I once again agree with Maisonneuve, the first few years would be hell. Quebecers just aren't so familiar with basketball and those who are are usually not able to afford season tickets. That being said, I'm sure there would be something we could do about it. Basketball is more and more popular amongst the youth population. We have the Bell Centre ready for NBA action, but I'd give Montreal another 5-10 years before even thinking about an NBA franchise.

Finally, a MLS franchise will be awarded to Montreal for 2012 if everything goes accordingly. The Saputo Stadium will be expended from 13 000 to 21 000~ seats and you can be sure I'll have my season tickets. It is going to be awesome!!!!! :)

The CFL and NFL can coexist. Both the Grey Cup and the Super Bowl receive almost the same amount of viewers (4 million).

According to the study cited in the first post of this thread, Quebec City has only 74% of the collective income required to support an NHL franchise. I imagine someone at the NHL's head offices has read through this. I doubt that these findings will sway them to come back to Quebec City.

According to the study cited in the first post of this thread, Quebec City has only 74% of the collective income required to support an NHL franchise. I imagine someone at the NHL's head offices has read through this. I doubt that these findings will sway them to come back to Quebec City.

I think this study is just about neutral numbers, it doens't count the perticular interest of a population in a specific sport. It would count an individual to have the same interest whether he (or she) lives in Québec or in Texas.

I think this study is just about neutral numbers, it doens't count the perticular interest of a population in a specific sport. It would count an individual to have the same interest whether he (or she) lives in Québec or in Texas.

True. Yeah, it is a little hard to believe that the NBA (or even MLS) is better suited to Quebec City than the NHL is.

They also neglect the that many people who would go to "Nordiques" games might not even reside in Greater Quebec City. A lot of Montrealers, and a lot of people from the regions, and even many from out of province (perhaps New Brunswickers or Acadians) would attend games.

But then again, Quebec City is not a particularly "wealthy" place. There is not much of a business community to speak of. Who will buy season tickets or rent luxury boxes? Politicians or bureaucrats? I'm not so sure. Would Montreal businesspeople buy season tickets and make their way every other day to Quebec City for games? Maybe a handful?

That's true, Quebecor might want the Nordiques. The Montreal-Quebec series might be a ploy for that to happen. Major league sports is hard in Canada. Other than Toronto, no other city has been able to sustain it.

montreal had no problems sustaining its mlb franchise up until the infamous 94 stoppage; we easily ranked top 10, if not top 5 and i think at least once first in attendance throughout the 80s and early 90s.

like i said before, 8k a game in a city our size isnt about a lack of money, its something else entirely. alot of crap went on to destroy this franchise and its still an outrage it left for washington.

btw, if the nhl can sustain franchises in phoenix, nashville or tampa bay, we could no doubt get an nba team here by those standards.

donnes interressantes sur databasebasketball.com - les foules des grizzlies a memphis sont en general aussi mauvaise qu'elles ne l'etaient a vancouver, qui elle meme ne semblait etre sous la moyenne de la ligue pour les deux dernieres saisob seulement. pire, depuis quelques saison les foules sont encore plus basse qu'elle ne l'on jamais ete a vancouver...

il ya des equipes sur le marche en passant, dont ces dernier, pour grosso modo 300M$ generalement. le prix des billet ressemble au prix dans la nhl et la moyenne d'assistance semble osciller autour du 15-17000.

si on est pas capable de faire ca.....

and about filling the bell center, here's a shot of my recent visit to a miami heat game:

this is during the game, by the way. i took it specifically to show it to you guys, in case that topic ever came up. and although i concede alot of those empty seats are probably sold, i don't think it's impossible to achieve in montreal also.

to think that a city of two million, with an urban are of close to 4 and even more if you factor in anyone who's within an hour's drive of here and would no doubt constitute the fan base of that franchise, thinking that you can't get 15000 a game is downright pessimistic.

Cool, how good was Dwyane Wade during that game?

donnes interressantes sur databasebasketball.com - les foules des grizzlies a memphis sont en general aussi mauvaise qu'elles ne l'etaient a vancouver, qui elle meme ne semblait etre sous la moyenne de la ligue pour les deux dernieres saisob seulement. pire, depuis quelques saison les foules sont encore plus basse qu'elle ne l'on jamais ete a vancouver...

il ya des equipes sur le marche en passant, dont ces dernier, pour grosso modo 300M$ generalement. le prix des billet ressemble au prix dans la nhl et la moyenne d'assistance semble osciller autour du 15-17000.

si on est pas capable de faire ca.....

Bizarre pour les Memphis Grizzlies... je me demande pourquoi ils les ont déplacés d'abord? les situations de quelques autres équipes sont dures à comprendre aussi.

Les NJ Nets en particulier perdent tellement d'argent...

4348341713_a1aecac725.jpg

basketbawful sur flickr : empty arena

De toute façon on dirait qu'il y aura un lock-out / restructuration de la NBA en 2011 (dans un an et demi); les équipes NBA deviendront peut-être bien plus abordables avec de nouveaux plafonds salariaux?