Aller au contenu
publicité

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

1 hour ago, IluvMTL said:

C'est à titre à comparaison. C'est pour montrer l'impact (des 2 propositions)  au sol dans la même image. C'est un système ou une autre, pas les deux.

J'avais publié il y a plusieurs pages de cela des images des tranchées à Toronto. Ça pourrait être une option viable dans ce coin là puisqu'il y a déjà des terrains de libre le long de Nôtre-Dame. Comme je l'ai souligné dans ce port, on ne semble pas avoir l'estomac pour ça de ces jours, mais si le but est d'éliminer l'impact visual du viaduc, une tranché est probablement la meilleure option. Certains segments pourraient être recouvert alors que d'autres pourraient être laissé à l'air libre.

• Thanks 1

publicité
37 minutes ago, Enalung said:

J'avais publié il y a plusieurs pages de cela des images des tranchées à Toronto. Ça pourrait être une option viable dans ce coin là puisqu'il y a déjà des terrains de libre le long de Nôtre-Dame. Comme je l'ai souligné dans ce port, on ne semble pas avoir l'estomac pour ça de ces jours, mais si le but est d'éliminer l'impact visual du viaduc, une tranché est probablement la meilleure option. Certains segments pourraient être recouvert alors que d'autres pourraient être laissé à l'air libre.

Ask people in expensive condos near the OTrain trenches what they think of the SNC-led lowest-bidder system.

https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/1587957315842/

32 minutes ago, SameGuy said:

Ask people in expensive condos near the OTrain trenches what they think of the SNC-led lowest-bidder system.

https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/1587957315842/

As i could see on the video even with an elevated structure the resident will hear the noise from his condo.  Hopefuly along notre-dame there are no residences.

1 minute ago, andre md said:

As i could see on the video even with an elevated structure the resident will hear the noise from his condo.  Hopefuly along notre-dame there are no residences.

It seems in the case of Ottawa, the trench was constructed in a manner that amplifies the sound, including — but not limited to — embedding the sleepers in concrete (like in tunnels and elevated guideways) instead of ballast. The harmonics created are then forced to reverberate up the vertical trench walls with no sound dampening devices. Right now I live about 1.75 km (as the crow flies) from the 40 and I can often hear trucks go by at night; I can always hear the freight trains along the Lakeshore lines as well, some 4 km away. But I have also lived next to Décarie (corner Jacques-Grenier) for a short time, and nothing compares to the constant, loud din erupting out of it.

25 minutes ago, SameGuy said:

It seems in the case of Ottawa, the trench was constructed in a manner that amplifies the sound, including — but not limited to — embedding the sleepers in concrete (like in tunnels and elevated guideways) instead of ballast. The harmonics created are then forced to reverberate up the vertical trench walls with no sound dampening devices. Right now I live about 1.75 km (as the crow flies) from the 40 and I can often hear trucks go by at night; I can always hear the freight trains along the Lakeshore lines as well, some 4 km away. But I have also lived next to Décarie (corner Jacques-Grenier) for a short time, and nothing compares to the constant, loud din erupting out of it.

Take a good look at the last image on that post I linked. What are your though about leaving just enough of an opening to vent the trench / tunnel naturally, like the Japanese did?

38 minutes ago, Enalung said:

Take a good look at the last image on that post I linked. What are your though about leaving just enough of an opening to vent the trench / tunnel naturally, like the Japanese did?

If it’s viable, I could certainly see that as an option east of Papineau. But for René-Lévesque the options are somewhat limited to: elevated (expensive if well-integrated), underground (just plain expensive), or segregated street-running tram in the downtown core then grade-separated tram-train out to the east end (by far the cheapest and least difficult option). 

11 minutes ago, IluvMTL said:

The Spadina line as an example for a tram on R-L.

http://photoblair.blogspot.com/2014/08/new-streetcars-on-510-spadina-line.html

image.png.7543320d59be4bebac9a4873eb0c3e81.png

I didn’t know the Spadina Line car still used a trolley instead of pantograph.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SameGuy said:

I would say maybe buildIng a trench like the one in  T.M.R. surrounded by grass and trees to absorb the sound. Along Notre Dame and the port there are only a few intersection. And maybe for each stations installing passerelle over notre- dame to get access. And maybe along the trench on the top implementing a promenade. I think iluvMTL have the same vision.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, andre md said:

I would say maybe buildIng a trench like the one in  T.M.R. surrounded by grass and trees to absorb the sound. Along Notre Dame and the port there are only a few intersection. And maybe for each stations installing passerelle over notre- dame to get access. And maybe along the trench on the top implementing a promenade. I think iluvMTL have the same vision.

I really hope the CAQ and the Caisse aren’t married to the proposal as presented, and spend the next couple of years (before an election haha!) doing proper studies and diligence, and exploring every possibility for east end service.

While it still escapes me how they’ve already predicted $10B for almost exactly the same amount of infrastructure the as REM-A’s new infrastructure — that will end up somewhere around $7.5B including not only the new infra but also the full rehabilitation of all the inherited infra, along with incidental expenses and incurred pandemic-related costs — I’m certain that the public would accept a higher total project cost for REM-B if it means getting a significantly better project. To me, “better” would mean a downtown tunnel and future-proofing a continuation to the southwest.

Il y a 22 heures, IluvMTL a dit :

Tram Express vs REM aérien pour la Porte d’entrée de la métropole (coin Notre-Dame et Iberville)

Ces croquis donnent un aperçu des deux systèmes proposés (celui des ACSM et celui de la CDPQ-Infra) devant le parc du Pied-du-Courant, près de la rue Iberville.

Les ACSM privilégient un tramway du côté sud de la rue Notre-Dame avec une piste cyclable REV pour le trajet devant notre vitrine sur le fleuve dans l’est du centre-ville,  éloigné de la circulation des autos et des camions, ceci afin de valoriser les espaces publics devant le fleuve pour les riverains.

Ils le suggèrent pour la portion comprise entre Viauville/Saint-Clément et la rue Parthenais.  Ensuite le tram pourrait poursuivre au plein centre sur le boulevard René-Levesque.  Ces deux parcours (totalisant environ 6 km) assureront une priorité aux intersections,  donc beaucoup plus rapide que les autobus Express.  Le trajet de tramway pourrait être prolongé jusqu’à la rue Atwater, vers le Sud-Ouest ou bien vers le nord (Coté-des-Neiges). En plus, les terrains du côté nord de la rue Notre-Dame du MTQ pourront être développés pour créer des résidences, en front de mer.

Nous  en avons assez du béton, du bruit, de la pollution de l’air et de la pollution visuelle dans le Centre-Sud. 1_Tram_Xpress_Sud.png

2_ND_4_Voies_000.png

3_REM_Ombre_000.png

4_Dev_Residentiel_Nord_000.png

5_Residences_Front_de_Mer.png

C'est une possibilité qui justifie l'argument choisie. Pour ma part l'implémentation de la partie surélevé semble beaucoup trop basse (elle devrait être 2-3x plus haute). Par contre ce n'est pas impossible, vu l'implémentation de la portion ouest tu REM actuel où la CDPQi a baissé les hauteurs pour économiser l'argent.

Perso je suis contre tout forme de tramway par la nécessité d'avoir des chauffeurs (salaire, horaire, congé, grèves, etc. alors que la solution peut être complètement automatisé), et en tant que société on n'a pas la maturité/conformité nécessaire pour éviter les problèmes: les gens croiseront n'importe où, et vu qu'on a déjà eu des cas d'inattention (ex: https://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/grand-montreal/201809/26/01-5197968-mort-dun-ado-exo-ferme-trois-traverses-sur-la-ligne-de-deux-montagnes.php), je n'imagine pas le nombre de problèmes générant des délais-arrêts dans son opérationalisation.

Les modes de transports structurants doivent être prévisibles, rapide et fréquents. Pour être prévisibles, rapide et fréquents ils doivent être fiables. Pour être fiables ils doivent éviter les risques d'interruption. Ceci implique automatisation en site propre. Déjà avec le métro (sous-terre à l'abri des intempéries et sur site propre) on a des problèmes au point qu'il faut ajouter des portes pallières. Imaginez dehors à proximité des piétons.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1