Aller au contenu

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

il y a 4 minutes, SameGuy a dit :

Fully half, 33 km, of REM-A is new alignment, with new structures and a new, 3km bored tunnel. And the other half is completely rehabilitated, from the ballast to the poles to the entirely new stations to the completely refurbished MR tunnel. The only thing re-used is the 33 km right of way, and as far as we’ve seen, REM-B will also partially make use of an existing alignment.

Le centre de l'autoroute 10 avait été pensé il y a 15 ans pour y recevoir un SLR éventuellement. Lors de la reconstruction du viaduc Taschereau par exemple c'était mentionné dans les plans. Sans compter le nouveau pont S-de-Champlain.

Beaucoup moins d'expropriation aussi je présume. 

Et beaucoup plus de rails en surface sur le REM 1.

7 minutes ago, FrodoMTL said:

I was born in China. There is a running joke among Chinese people - "the life span of any government-built infrastructure usually equals 1-2x the construction duration" - so if a highway bridge took 6 months to build, it'll last maybe 6-12 months before you starting seeing quality issues, such as the example below :) 

On a serious note, the scale of corruption in Chinese government and infrastructure sector makes Quebec look like child's play. When my Chinese friends heard about the SNC-Lavalin scandal and how in 2014 SNC gave $200,000 payments to some government officials, their first reaction was like "is this even worth reporting??" Because in their mind, billions $$ of public funds routinely disappear in Chinese infrastructure projects. In 2013 alone, the Chinese Minister of Railways pocketed $255 million USD in public funds because he demanded a personal 4% "finder's fee" on all Chinese high speed rail contracts. I think you can safely multiple the above number by 5 or 10, given that the government media always under-report these numbers. Anyway, I digress. 

Yanmingtan Bridge in Harbin (northern China), which collapsed 8 months after opening...

image.png.ae0db38104de6287a0266788e63cf742.png

Bad habit to cut round corner. 

Si y'a des "dirigeants" de la Caisse qui consultent MtlUrb à temps perdu j'ai un ptit message pour eux-autres:

Votre structure surélevée qui va déchirer de denses quartiers urbains est mieux d'être belle!! Regardez votre structure dans Pointe St-Charles pis dites moi que vous trouvez ça beau!! Allez, dites-le! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

il y a 15 minutes, Rocco a dit :

Si y'a des "dirigeants" de la Caisse qui consultent MtlUrb à temps perdu j'ai un ptit message pour eux-autres:

Votre structure surélevée qui va déchirer de denses quartiers urbains est mieux d'être belle!! Regardez votre structure dans Pointe St-Charles pis dites moi que vous trouvez ça beau!! Allez, dites-le! 

Ou encore le pont ''signature'' de l'ile-des-sœurs! :D

I drove from La Prairie to 10/30 to MUHC today and while the constructions are impressive, it’s the smaller things they got wrong that stick out like a sore thumb. Those transitions from concrete beams to steel, back to concrete are horrendous. The average Joe-Blo won’t really notice or care, but once you visit other world cities that take the time and put in the effort to get those small embellishments right... what they’ve done here is shameful.

I have no idea how CDPQi is using this as a “model” to market their expertise to potential client cities around the world, unless they’re using it as a model of the lowest-cost, entry-level system. They’ll show pictures of Montreal’s Ford Fiesta, then slap down the renderings of the Jaguar F-Type they could have for “just a little bit more money.”

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SameGuy said:

I drove from La Prairie to 10/30 to MUHC today and while the constructions are impressive, it’s the smaller things they got wrong that stick out like a sore thumb. Those transitions from concrete beams to steel, back to concrete are horrendous. The average Joe-Blo won’t really notice or care, but once you visit other world cities that take the time and put in the effort to get those small embellishments right... what they’ve done here is shameful.

I have no idea how CDPQi is using this as a “model” to market their expertise to potential client cities around the world, unless they’re using it as a model of the lowest-cost, entry-level system. They’ll show pictures of Montreal’s Ford Fiesta, then slap down the renderings of the Jaguar F-Type they could have for “just a little bit more money.”

There's no question in my mind that they won't be allowed to get away with that type of mix and match again. Although they haven't said anything publicly on the subject, this data sheet tells us that they've already acknowledged that mistake. It seems that the launching girders are also going to be used on the Pierrefonds-Roxboro segment to erect a viaduct. They clearly know that they aren't going to get a pass with doing the same thing they did along highway 10. That fact alone gives me some hope that we'll at the very least see a more architecturally unified viaduct for this project.