Aller au contenu

Maestria - 57, 61 étages

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

You have the double tree hotel to the east, the zebra building to the south, and these run down shacks to the north, this new project will be surrounded with ugliness in every direction

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, mtlrdp said:

You have the double tree hotel to the east, the zebra building to the south, and these run down shacks to the north, this new project will be surrounded with ugliness in every direction

And we still havent seen the "revêtement" of Maestria! Maybe the beauty will be that remaining row houses after all....

il y a 16 minutes, mtlrdp a dit :

il y a 8 minutes, Rocco a dit :

And we still havent seen the "revêtement" of Maestria! Maybe the beauty will be that remaining row houses after all....

If you only care for the impact on the skyline, none of this will matter.

Streetwise, it will be yet another example of this current architectural trend where new, tall, gleaming buildings are being juxtaposed to quite ordinary, sometimes even ugly older constructions, for the sake of keeping a random testimony of the past.  Of course, the end result is neither a glittering  area of modernity nor the genuine preservation of a neighborough from a bygone era.    

21 minutes ago, Né entre les rapides said:

If you only care for the impact on the skyline, none of this will matter.

Streetwise, it will be yet another example of this current architectural trend where new, tall, gleaming buildings are being juxtaposed to quite ordinary, sometimes even ugly older constructions, for the sake of keeping a random testimony of the past.  Of course, the end result is neither a glittering  area of modernity nor the genuine preservation of a neighborough from a bygone era.    

Exactly. If nobody wins, then everybody loses.

4 hours ago, SameGuy said:

Perhaps not my best choice of word, but yes, they are not heritage buildings, they are not really that old, nor of significant cultural value; they just don’t belong there anymore, and that image I quoted highlights it perfectly. Another picture from that angle in two years will show just how awful they are. Yay, so street festival loiterers can get awful, burnt coffee and a greezy shawarma, but these shophouses aren’t exactly the Maison L-H Lafontaine.

I get what you mean but "The Rising Sun" club was located there in the seventies, a small venue where I got to see Steppenwolf and Iron Butterfly play, so although the buildings might not be ancient, the location is part of our heritage.

https://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/history-through-our-eyes/history-through-our-eyes-july-15-1982-the-rising-sun

Modifié par Doctor D

I was at the Police Synchronicity taping for MTV/Much/MusiquePlus at Spectrum 38 years ago tomorrow. How I “feel” about a place shouldn’t hold much weight in decisions about how an area will look for decades.

• Like 1

Il y a 6 heures, Rocco a dit :

I just hope that we don't get fooled again concerning the darkness of the curtain wall, like we were with Humaniti...