Aller au contenu

REM (ligne A) - Discussion générale

Messages recommendés

10 minutes ago, champdemars said:

À Singapour, la société de transport est cotée en bourse:

https://www.sbstransit.com.sg/about-us

SBS est une des deux, oui. Mais ce sont des opérateurs — tout comme Bombardier l’était pour exo ou Metrolinx, entre plusieurs autres. SBS gère deux des six lignes de métro du système MRT (les quatre autres sont opérées par SMRT). Les décisions, les budgets, les œuvres, en effet, tout est géré par le gouvernement. SBS et SMRT font ce qui est demandé par la Land Transport Authority (le gouvernement).

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Métro_de_Singapour

2 hours ago, SameGuy said:

SBS est une des deux, oui. Mais ce sont des opérateurs — tout comme Bombardier l’était pour exo ou Metrolinx, entre plusieurs autres. SBS gère deux des six lignes de métro du système MRT (les quatre autres sont opérées par SMRT). Les décisions, les budgets, les œuvres, en effet, tout est géré par le gouvernement. SBS et SMRT font ce qui est demandé par la Land Transport Authority (le gouvernement).

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Métro_de_Singapour

I really like the fact that they have a masterplan for how to develop their metro further. That's something we are sorely missing in Montreal and something we really need to do. That was my goal when I posted my map on the vision forum.

• Like 1

il y a une heure, Enalung a dit :

I really like the fact that they have a masterplan for how to develop their metro further. That's something we are sorely missing in Montreal and something we really need to do. That was my goal when I posted my map on the vision forum.

They (Singapore, the Republic of Singapore) is a city-state and as such, governance is unified.  By contrast, Montreal is a city within a so-called metropolitan community, under provincial jurisdiction as per the Constitution of Canada, within a country (Canada) which is a federation where the "federal" government keeps a commanding position in fiscal and monetary affairs (inter alia), as well as a "power to spend in areas of provincial jurisdiction". 

Canadian cities are "free" to develop master plans, but their implementation depends essentially upon funding from the governments, who may have their own priorities and are generally able to enforce them: cities can be put in a position where they must (reluctantly) agree, lest (de crainte de in French) they get nothing or interminable disputes.

Things would be somewhat clearer/easier if each large city was unified under a single governing body, able to speak with one voice in its dealings with governments. This of course would not be comparable to the situation enjoyed in Singapore, but I fear that a substantial change in that direction is not politically palatable in the short and medium term.  It's a case of "make do with what we have".  

• Like 2

• 2 semaines plus tard...