mtlurb

Messages recommendés

• Réponses 294
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

Membres prolifiques

Photos publiées

c'était vraiment idiotique de mettre le Centre Bell là en particulier. Il y a tellements de terrains proche de là...

Imaginez, un Gare Windsor renové comme station de train.

JonsSlides2AA015.jpg

Exactly!! Stupid decisions by brain-less people coming back to haunt us. Really unfortunate.

Stillview (West Island Terminus: end of the Doney Spur and close to Blvd. St. Charles)

St. Jean

Delmar

Des Sources

TechnoParc

Aeroport

Dorval

Lachine

Saint Pierre

Lac à la loutre

Saint-Remi

Place Saint Henri

Saint Patrick

Pointe Saint Charles

Wellington (corner Bridge)

Griffintown (stop at rue William)

Bonaventure

Uh? It would actually have stops between the airport and downtown?

That I don't get; the point of a shuttle is to be fast. As some have said here; business people need comfort. But they will also need efficiency (speed) and point to point service. Otherwise, they'll always opt for the cab and that would be a shame.

That I don't get; the point of a shuttle is to be fast. As some have said here; business people need comfort. But they will also need efficiency (speed) and point to point service. Otherwise, they'll always opt for the cab and that would be a shame.

I agree, nobody from the airport is getting off at those stops.

why is the shuttle only for bussiness people ? regular people will use it too...

Si la navette prend plus de temps que les transports actuels elle perdra beaucoup de clients et sa rentabilité sera grandement diminuée. Il faudrait alors un minimum d'arrêts mais stratégiquement bien situés afin d'optimiser le service d'un point A à un point B dans un délais vraiment raisonnable, 30 minutes maximum.

Il faut alors oublier un trajet sur rue tributaire de la circulation surtout aux heures de pointe et des conditions météo. N'oublions pas non plus que les gens voyageront avec des bagages donc des arrêts un peu plus long en gare afin d'assurer un embarquement sécuritaire.

Comme il s'agit de relier efficacement le centre-ville avec l'aéroport on devrait se concentrer sur le choix des deux tracés proposés en essayant de prioriser celui qui répondra le mieux à la raison d'être de cette navette et de l'important investissement qui en découlera.

why is the shuttle only for bussiness people ? regular people will use it too...

Sure, but AMT/CN/whomever must remember that the point of the shuttle is to get from and to the airport quickly. And I was mentioning the business people because they are not as price sensitive as the "regular" people and therefore will easily opt-out of the shuttle if it is not convenient.

And if you manage to convince them to take the shuttle, I think you pretty much have managed to convince everyone else.

CN all the way. the chance to develop a major portion of "southern-downtown" is an opportunity we shouldn't miss.

As far a deciding if there should be stops in between the Airport and Downtown, well that's easy!

Have one train be a "real shuttle service" ie: no stops, and have one train stop at various stations on the way downtown. Alternate. One departure every 30 minutes, or every hour...whatever!