Aller au contenu

Messages recommendés

US Grand Prix to be called off: Ecclestone

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/racing/US-Grand-Prix-to-be-called-off-Ecclestone/articleshow/10761902.cms

LONDON: The Formula One United States Grand Prix is set to be called off even before it has had its first edition the sport's supremo Bernie Ecclestone said on Wednesday.

Ecclestone said there was no doubt that at the next meeting of the sport's governing body The FIA on December 7 the race due to be raced in Austin, Texas, in November next year would be pulled from the calendar.

"Yes, it will be, for sure," said Ecclestone, when asked whether the race would be called off.

Ecclestone's remarks came after it was announced on Tuesday that work on the purpose-built circuit - which would have hosted the first Grand Prix in the US since 2007 - has been halted in a dispute among developers, Formula One and promoters.

As the Circuit of the Americas issued a statement on Tuesday confirming construction had been halted, the project was dealt another blow when Texas state comptroller Susan Combs said in a statement that $25 million in state money for the event won't be paid in advance.

A statement issued by the circuit said construction would be halted "until a contract assuring the Formula One United States Grand Prix will be held at Circuit of The Americas in 2012 is complete.

Ecclestone said no contract had been issued because he had yet to receive a guarantee or letter of credit that he would be paid.

"We've done everything we can to make this race happen," he said.

Formula One's last appearance on US soil was in 2007 at the famed Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

In October, New Jersey governor Chris Christie announced plans for the Grand Prix of America to be held from 2013 on a road course on the Jersey shore opposite New York City.

I guess these types of things don't "only happen in Québec" lol!

Modifié par Habfanman

Ce n'est pas une bonne nouvelle pour Montréal. CEla veut dire que l'autre GP des USA (à NYC) aura lieu, et cela veut dire BEAUCOUP moins de touristes et beaucoup moins d'argent NEUF pour la ville!

If anything, this is good news for us because we will no longer be the only stop in North America. The cost of bringing the entire circus to this continent for only one event has always left our race vulnerable to cancellation. Having the 2 races in close proximity and presumably back to back should ensure that the two are successful and sustainable well into the future.

Le Grand Prix de Formule 1 des Etats-Unis, prévu en novembre 2012 au Texas, va être supprimé du calendrier avant même sa première édition, a affirmé mercredi Bernie Ecclestone, le grand argentier de la discipline. Selon l’homme d’affaires britannique, il ne fait aucun doute que l’étape américaine va passer à l’as lors de la prochaine réunion de la Fédération internationale (FIA) le 7 décembre. L’épreuve a été frappé d’un autre coup dur quand l’Etat du Texas a annoncé mardi que sa subvention de 25 millions de dollars (18,5 MEUR) ne serait pas versée d’avance.

afp

This Texas race may never happen and even if it does, a race in the middle of nowhere won't be nearly as attractive as the one here.

Montréal et glamour? As-tu été à New York?

:silly:

Plus d'une fois !

Montréal n'est pas Glamour tout le temps, mais les aménagement fait durant le grand prix rendre la ville très intéressante. Et le Night Live de Montréal n'a rien à envier à New York non plus...

Les grand-prix des états-unis sont venu et disparu maintes fois (Watkins Glen, Long Beach, Dallas, Phoenix, Detroit, Las Vegas, Indianapolis) pendant ce temps, le Grand-Prix du Canada a continué à exister et croitre. Le "Fan Base" est là et bien des gens vont continuer de venir a Montréal même si New York a une course.

Indianapolis held the Grand Prix in 2007 and it had ZERO effect on the race here. F-1 fans come here as much for the party and atmosphere as they do the race.

Yes I know, but the major difference is that the race in Indianapolis was over 1000KM's away. It was closer for the people in the N.E. United States to come to Montreal rather than going to Indianapolis. With a Race in their own back yard, all those people from the North Eastern U.S. will just go to NYC instead of Montreal. I wouldn't be surprised if the number of out of town tourists were to drop by 20%.

If anything, this is good news for us because we will no longer be the only stop in North America. The cost of bringing the entire circus to this continent for only one event has always left our race vulnerable to cancellation. Having the 2 races in close proximity and presumably back to back should ensure that the two are successful and sustainable well into the future.

Yes, I agree. I'm not against having a second G.P. race in North America. I understand the economics of have 2 races on our continent. What worries me is that the 2nd race is much too close for comfort. I would've been much happier had the US grand Prix were to happen in Texas or California or some other far away place.

Plus d'une fois !

Montréal n'est pas Glamour tout le temps, mais les aménagement fait durant le grand prix rendre la ville très intéressante. Et le Night Live de Montréal n'a rien à envier à New York non plus...

Et tu penses que New York n'est pas capable de s'organiser glamour le temps d'un week-end? New York est la capitale du monde, elle a plus de riches que tout le Canada a elle seule.

Anyways, je ne crois pas qu'il y a beaucoup matière à débat la dessus. Le glamour de Montréal n'est pas l'avantage concurrentiel quand il s'agit d'en organiser un à nyc.

Yes, I agree. I'm Not Against Having a second GP race in North America. I Understand the economics of have 2 races on our continent. What worries me Is That IS the 2nd race Much Too close for comfort. I would've beens Much happier Had the US Grand Prix Were to Happen in Texas or California or Some Other far away place.

The New York race will have zero impact on the Montreal event, previous racing events including CART in it's glory days all flopped in NYC,Nascar at one time wanted to build a huge oval in the New York area but scrapped their plans.The event might be popular the first couple of years, after that it's all downhill, 99% of New Yorkers wouldn't be able to name one formula1 driver, this whole thing is another Ecclestone scam job

• 6 mois plus tard...
This is what over $10,000,000 worth of cars looks like. (Just five cars!)

Gathering (2).jpg

http://www.fast-auto.fr/galeries/gal-gathering-bugatti-veyron/gal-gathering-bugatti-veyron.html

Fuck me. I thought there was only 1 (in the city during Grand Prix). It looks like they brought almost every variation.