Aller au contenu
publicité

Messages recommendés

How so? I think supporting your country's military is CRUCIAL to being patriotic.

As military myself, i have to agree. I think it's crucial to being patriotic. Everyone should support the troops!

That being said, you're allowed to disagree with the rationale behind war. I disagreed with the Iraq war but i still support my brothers in uniform to the south!

publicité
  • Réponses 79
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

As military myself, i have to agree. I think it's crucial to being patriotic. Everyone should support the troops!

That being said, you're allowed to disagree with the rationale behind war. I disagreed with the Iraq war but i still support my brothers in uniform to the south!

If one is again war, he shouldn't support troops -especially in countries where soldiers are not drafted.

I don't support the american or the canadian governments on these matters.

War is wrong. Period.

If one is again war, he shouldn't support troops -especially in countries where soldiers are not drafted.

I don't support the american or the canadian governments on these matters.

War is wrong. Period.

War is bad and i'm against war. Armed conflicts necessary to stop genocide, for example, i can approve of.

Troops do more than just fight wars. They perform disaster relief, peacekeeping and other noble things. They even instruct our youth and teach them how to be good neighbors and good citizens (instructors of the canadian cadet organization, a free non-profit organization dedicated to helping kids 12-19 improve their lives and have fun doing it. Often times rescuing teens that were into drugs and violence and teaching them good values and helping them with their problems.)

This is why you should support the troops. When i say support the troops, i mean support them on a personal level. I don't mean support the wars they might be forced to fight or the politicians ordering them. Our Canadian Forces give their lives fighting for peace and trying to save lives. You're pretty cold if you don't support them. I'll remember to tell them that next time an ice storm strikes and a tree falls on you and you need emergency support.

Supporting our troops does not mean supporting the war or the politicians who sent them there. Seems no republican is able to understand that.

It means respecting and supporting the men and women on the ground ( and their families ) who endanger their lives on a foreign soil. Supporting them means making sure they have the tools to defend themselves properly, helping their families, paying them adequately, taking care of them when they come back home and sometimes it also means being patriotic ( lol ) and putting pressure on the monkeys who sent them there in the first place.

I do not oppose all wars. But Irak was a mistake. And it all started with a CIA error?....lol.....lol.....yeah right.

All I'm saying is that GWB, Rumsfeld, Cheney, et compagnie should be held accountable for what happened in the past 8 years. Let the courts decide their fate. I understand that their far-reach would make a fair trial all but impossible, but still, I would like to see what a jury of their peers would say. If they are not war criminals, then they are certainly guilty of being very bad people. How are their ties to companies like Haliburton not putting them behind bars for white-collar crimes. How are people like Karl Rove and Scooter Libby able to walk around like nothing happened while people are being arrested for the pettiest of crimes?

All I'm saying is that GWB, Rumsfeld, Cheney, et compagnie should be held accountable for what happened in the past 8 years. Let the courts decide their fate. I understand that their far-reach would make a fair trial all but impossible, but still, I would like to see what a jury of their peers would say. If they are not war criminals, then they are certainly guilty of being very bad people. How are their ties to companies like Haliburton not putting them behind bars for white-collar crimes. How are people like Karl Rove and Scooter Libby able to walk around like nothing happened while people are being arrested for the pettiest of crimes?

Ya, it's kind of like Ted Kennedy and his crimes, how was he able to get away with it? And then there's Harry Reid with his preferential treatment for his home mortgage from friends in the biz. There's also Charles Rangel who on the finance committee (or something like that) who has 'forgotten' millions of dollars in income when declaring for income taxes. Nancy Pelosi with her millions in stimulus going to her husband's business.

Ya, I totally understand what you mean.

Update: Van Jones, the marxist/communist, has resigned this morning. Can you believe he was not fired? Obviously he wasn't because Obama probably holds the same beliefs and doesn't see anything wrong with it.

This editorial was written on friday, therefore before he quit.

The 'Green' Trojan Horse

By INVESTOR'S BUSINESS DAILY | Posted Friday, September 04, 2009 4:20 PM PT

Domestic Policy: Among the many controversies swirling around the White House's "green czar," none is more disturbing than his plan to use the green movement to socialize the economy.

Read More: General Politics

Van Jones, a special adviser to the president, revealed his Trojan-horse strategy during a 2008 interview on leftist Uprising Radio in Los Angeles.

"The green economy will start off as a small subset" of a "complete revolution" away from "gray capitalism" and toward "redistribution of all the wealth," he said. "And we are going to push it and push it and push it until it becomes the engine for transforming the whole society."

A self-described "communist," Jones caught heat recently for calling Republicans "a**holes." He's also a 9/11 "truther" as it turns out, one of many red flags in a radical past that, remarkably, didn't disqualify him from shaping domestic policy in this White House.

Jones apologized for his "inappropriate" remarks concerning Republicans while distancing himself from the nutty people calling for an investigation of the Bush administration for bombing the Twin Towers on 9/11. Jones signed a petition pushing for such a witch hunt, even though the Ivy League lawyer claims he didn't know what he was signing.

But he hasn't been made to answer for his communist beliefs, which are even deeper than first thought.

Trying to change the subject, Jones insisted his work at the White House is "entirely focused on one goal: building clean-energy incentives which create 21st century jobs that improve energy efficiency and use renewable resources."

That doesn't tell the full story.

As the president's "green-jobs czar," it's clear Jones has a hidden agenda. Judging from his own words, his environmental concerns appear to be a front for creating a massive new welfare program — complete with paid job training and counseling — for criminals.

Jones has a shockingly soft spot for felons. Before joining the White House, he agitated against "the punishment industry," which he claims profits from a "racist war" against people of color. He has called U.S. prisons "slave ships on dry land" and has served on panels calling for an end to prisons and the freeing of all inmates.

The former Oakland, Calif., community organizer has said he wants to "build a pipeline from the prison economy to the green economy," including hiring parolees to weatherize homes and offices. He secured grants to start a Green Job Corps in Oakland.

In his 2006 memoir, President Obama proposed government-subsidized green jobs "to hire and train ex-felons on projects" such as "insulating homes and offices to make them energy-efficient." Labor Secretary Hilda Solis, who worked with Jones in California as a congresswoman, has already put such plans in motion.

Jones' "green jobs, not jails" program is but a "radical kernel" of what Jones says he wants to reap. He intends to use the green movement as a Trojan horse to socialize the entire economy.

"Right now we say we want to move from suicidal gray capitalism to 'eco-capitalism' where at least we're not fast-tracking the destruction of the whole planet," Jones said. "Will that be enough? No, it won't be enough. We want to go beyond the systems of exploitation and oppression altogether."

Beyond our system of capitalism to communism, is what he means.

Though Obama's father was a Marxist, there's no indication the president subscribes to Jones' vision.

But Obama and Jones share a common background in the same Marxism-steeped faith: Black Liberation Theology, which we first warned voters about years ago. The father of the movement — James Cone — believes that by merging Marxism with the Gospel, African-Americans will be liberated.

"Together," Cone said, "black religion and Marxist philosophy may show us a way to build a completely new society."

Cone mentored Obama's longtime preacher, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, a big fan of Marxist regimes. Wright has made a number of comments over the years that have been described as anti-capitalist and anti-American, and that suggest he believes deep conspiracies drive American politics.

We also warned that it's dangerous for a presidential aspirant to surround himself throughout his career with a coterie of radicals. They could wind up in the White House making policy.

Van Jones is Exhibit A.

• 2 semaines plus tard...
A CONVERSATION WITH GEORGE W. BUSH

The speech will be delivered in English only.

President of United States during a period of great consequence, George W. Bush will share his thoughts on his eight momentous years in the Oval Office and will discuss the challenges facing the world in the 21st century.

The speech will consist of a 45 minute presentation, and will be followed by a 45 minute question period moderated by the well-known John Parisella.

DATE AND LOCATION

Thursday, October 22, 2009

from noon to 2 p.m.

Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth

900 René-Lévesque Blvd. W.

COST

Ticket(s)

Members: $350 *

Non-members: $400 *

http://www.btmm.qc.ca/en/calendar-a_conversation_with_georges_w_bush

I wish I could attend, but I have an exam on Saturday and the review class is at the same time as the event. :worried:

I just cant wait to see the amount of people in front of the Queen E detesting that he is here. Plus we will probably see a ton of people holding signs saying they want us to boycott Israel. For some reason they stand outside the Queen E which doesn't make sense, seeing the Israeli consulate is just down near Peel.

I know my post looks like I am a fan of his, but I am not. Protesting doesn't work. Plus it wont change anything seeing he is already out of office.