Aller au contenu

Messages recommendés

George W. Bush donnera une conférence à Montréal

41091-george-w-bush.jpg

George W. Bush. Photo: Reuters

La Presse Canadienne

Montréal

L'ancien président des États-Unis, George W. Bush, prononcera bientôt un discours à Montréal.

Un porte-parole de la firme qui a préparé l'événement, tinePUBLIC, a indiqué que M. Bush s'adressera aux convives lors d'un dîner-conférence le 22 octobre.

L'événement, qui sera privé et sous invitation, se déroulera à l'hôtel Fairmont Queen Elizabeth.

Il s'agira de la troisième allocution de M. Bush au Canada depuis qu'il a quitté la présidence des États-Unis.

M. Bush avait prononcé un discours à Calgary en mars et avait participé à un événement avec l'ancien président américain Bill Clinton à Toronto en mai.

Au cours de ces deux événements, M. Bush avait discuté de l'Afghanistan et des nouvelles exigences à la frontière canado-américaine. Avec humour, il avait aussi relaté quelques anecdotes en rapport avec sa vie après ses huit années à la Maison-Blanche.

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/actualites/regional/montreal/200908/25/01-895773-george-w-bush-donnera-une-conference-a-montreal.php

George Bush to visit Montreal

450_CGY_bush_calgary_090213.jpg

President George W. Bush tries on a cowboy hat after arriving in Calgary Tuesday, June 25, 2002 to attend the G-8 summit in Kananaskis, Alberta.(CP PHOTO/Ryan Remiorz)

Updated: Tue Aug. 25 2009 6:40:31 PM

ctvmontreal.ca

Former U.S. president George Bush will visit Montreal this fall.

Bush is slated to speak at the Fairmount Queen Elizabeth Hotel on Oct. 22 in a private by-invitation-only luncheon.

Publishing house tinePUBLIC Inc confirmed the information Tuesday.

tinePUBLIC will be providing information on the theme of his talk, as well as announcing the high-profile moderator, later this week.

Bush has never formally spoken in Montreal, though his 2007 appearance at the Summit of the Americas in Montebello led to two men being charged with assaulting police after a demonstration outside the Fairmont Château Laurier.

His appearance in Calgary in March led to the arrest of four demonstrators.

http://montreal.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20090825/mtl_bush_090825/20090825/?hub=MontrealHome

Damn! I hope I can get in some how. I wonder who does the inviting? I just hope that a bunch of leftists don't try and storm the place or something. It will make the city look terrible.

• Réponses 79
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

MTLSkyline, UNless you have between 500$ and 2000$ to spend on one of these so called lectures, ou won't be able to get in. That is the average price that an Ex-president charges whenever they give lectures/speaches across the world.

Anyways, I know I wouldn't wanna be there. Bush has got to be the dumbest person to ever be President of the USA. He's got nothing to say that I'd wanna hear!

Psst GoMontreal, i don't think he was being serious ;) That being said, i don't think it's correct to make such threats against the man.

Yes Chimpy wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed, and i agree with you all on that, but the best thing is to just ignore him, like Habsfan suggests.

Vaillant surveille ton langage.

Ceci étant dit, si j'avais les moyens j'assisterais a son speech. Combien de fois avez vous la chance de cotoyer un des grands personnages de l'histoire moderne... même si vous n'êtez pas d'accord avec ses décisions.

Vaillant surveille ton langage.

Ceci étant dit, si j'avais les moyens j'assisterais a son speech. Combien de fois avez vous la chance de cotoyer un des grands personnages de l'histoire moderne... même si vous n'êtez pas d'accord avec ses décisions.

mon language? je n'ai pas été vulgaire!

MTLSkyline, UNless you have between 500$ and 2000$ to spend on one of these so called lectures, ou won't be able to get in. That is the average price that an Ex-president charges whenever they give lectures/speaches across the world.

Anyways, I know I wouldn't wanna be there. Bush has got to be the dumbest person to ever be President of the USA. He's got nothing to say that I'd wanna hear!

Yeah, I kind of expected that it would be expensive. If it was $100, I'd jump on the opportunity. One of the reasons that I'd be there would be out of spite for the protesting hippies outside. Don't think I want to blow $2000 just to spite some hippies.