Aller au contenu

750 Peel - 36 étages

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

On 2020-07-24 at 12:05 AM, Normand Hamel said:

First of all it would be difficult to move the main building to the west because the base of the building is already compromised by the presence of the ventilation tower.

As for the other building I agree that it does not look great. But perhaps this has something to do with the fact that most people never look at it from the opposite view. The advantage of having two buildings on this lot is that it provides a natural space for an alley in between as we can see on the other rendering. I like this concept and therefore would want to keep it. However I would modify the design of the secondary building to bring it to the same architectural level as the main one, for I see great potential there.

As for the canyon effect on Peel I really don't see this as a problem. Quite the contrary! Don't forget that Peel is on a slope here. And if there is one building I would want to the protect the view of it is certainly the Deloitte, which is easier to achieve with two small towers rather that a single big one as most people here would prefer.

1.png

2.png

3.png

The ventilation tower can be incorporated as part of the building. The whole Southwest corner including the ventilation tower does not look very pretty.

• Like 1

• Réponses 791
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

Il y a 3 heures, vincenzo a dit :

The ventilation tower can be incorporated as part of the building.

It has already been incorporated into the base of the building. Look carefully at the following detail view and you will see that the base has been narrowed down to make room for the ventilation tower.

Tour de ventialtion.png

Il y a 5 heures, KOOL a dit :

120m me semble un compromis acceptable et c'est mieux que les boites à chaussures ou autres nabots en forme d'escalier qui ont été pressentis antérieurement. Ça m'aurait fortement agacé si ce 120m avait été un autre piquet de clôture sur R-L mais à cet endroit c'est vraiment un moindre mal car une autre tour d'environ 170m aux côtés des TDC 2 & 3 aurait été de trop. 

Moi aussi je partage cet avis.

• Like 2

Avec le télé-travail, et les espaces à bureaux vacants, je ne vois malheureusement pas d'avenir non plus pour ce projet à moyen terme... :(

Je pense aussi que CF préconisera le résidentiel pour compenser.

For sure the demand/market for office space downtown - any downtown - is next to nil.  But this is also an opportunity to reinvent what offices look like.... it would be too bad if CF just built residential here.   I'm hoping they just move ahead with the hotel/resi portion (hello, Hilton?  We need a Hilton flagship; next the the Bell Centre it's a no-brainer) and save the lot for office.   They can also get started on the triple tower plan on lower Peel if they want to continue with residential.  

4 hours ago, internationalx said:

For sure the demand/market for office space downtown - any downtown - is next to nil.  But this is also an opportunity to reinvent what offices look like.... it would be too bad if CF just built residential here.   I'm hoping they just move ahead with the hotel/resi portion (hello, Hilton?  We need a Hilton flagship; next the the Bell Centre it's a no-brainer) and save the lot for office.   They can also get started on the triple tower plan on lower Peel if they want to continue with residential.  

Agree. The pandemic changes real estate market forever. 

5 hours ago, internationalx said:

Whats wrong with residential though? I think that is the reinvention of what offices look like, a greater presence at home. I think we will continue to see the trend of mix use projects though.

• Like 2