Aller au contenu

1500, boul. de Maisonneuve Ouest - 19 étages

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

1 hour ago, Rocco said:

Pas possible. On est pas sur le terrain d'une école primaire là. C'est une université privée qui ne sait pas gérer sa croissance. Terrible.

Fakenews, Concordia est une université publique.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concordia_University

Pour ce qui est de mauvaise gestion, c'est du blasting gratuit. 

McGill est en pénurie actuellement et attend son projet du Royal Vic sans mesure temporaire. Concordia agi. 

• Like 4

On 2019-10-12 at 10:52 AM, SupremeMTL said:

After speaking with Concordia reps about the project, (my real estate professors and associate deans who were involved with the failed bids) i found out that Concordia did bid for the land many times not just twice and they were outbid in the end. The CSU which is separate from the board of governors of Concordia were the ones whining to the news. The school has no more space and is thinking about acquiring another piece of land nearby to build another tower 25+ floors minimum. This is because JMSB is 15 floors and built in 2009 and is already full 10 years later. It seems the school wants to avoid the same mistakes as last time by building a taller building. The two pieces of land of interest by the school are the 2140 Rue Guy Parking lot and the Parking lot behind Restaurant Beatrice where the proposed Waldorf Astoria Montreal was. I do not know the height limits of these two lots so if anyone has that information that would be great so we could know if that's feasible.  

When I was at Concordia a few years ago the 8th floor in the JMSB was still not in use. Have they finally opened it?

1 hour ago, Alexcaban said:

When I was at Concordia a few years ago the 8th floor in the JMSB was still not in use. Have they finally opened it?

Yes they have. here is the breakdown if you are curious;

Floors S2-S1-RC-2-3 is all classrooms

Floors 4-5-6 is classrooms mixed with student club/association rooms

Floors 7-8 is the music department and their classrooms

Floor 9 is the conference room floor + graduate students floor 

Floors 10-15 is teacher and staff offices

• Like 2

• 3 semaines plus tard...
Le 2019-10-14 à 20:11, Rocco a dit :

Pas possible. On est pas sur le terrain d'une école primaire là. C'est une université privée qui ne sait pas gérer sa croissance. Terrible.

Ça me rappelle effectivement le genre de maisons mobiles qui avaient été installées au bout de la rue de Gaspé pour servir d'école primaire de l'IDS, ça devait aussi être temporaire mais de mémoire elles sont restées pendant une bonne dizaine d'années, probablement bien plus. 

• Like 1

Il y a 2 heures, KOOL a dit :

Ça me rappelle effectivement le genre de maisons mobiles qui avaient été installées au bout de la rue de Gaspé pour servir d'école primaire de l'IDS, ça devait aussi être temporaire mais de mémoire elles sont restées pendant une bonne dizaine d'années, probablement bien plus. 

On est bon dans le temporaire qui dure! La voie réservée du vieux pont champlain était une mesure temporaire! Ca aura pris un nouveau pont pour qu'elle soit appellée à disparaitre