Aller au contenu
publicité

Messages recommendés

ok guys... lets all relax a little, its better to not get excited about this type of thing, given how bureaucratic things are here in Montreal. the CHUM is taking three decades, and Griffintown residents will likely fight this tooth and nail.

*sigh*

it is pathetic, how people still want to live in the past.

publicité

La Maison de Radio-Canada était et est toujours loin, j'oserais dire très loin du centre-ville.

Griffintown est à un jet de pierre du centre-ville. Dès lors que son dévellopement sera entamé, on ne verra plus de différence entre le centre-ville et Griffintown. Griffintown sera dans le centre-ville. Il l'est à proprement parlé déjà partie intégrante.

De plus, pour appuyer les commentaires d'autres forumeurs, il y a plusieurs villes où les plus ahutes tours ne sont pas nécéssairement dasn le même secteurs : New-York se compose de deux CBD : downtown et mid-town. Honk Kong est en train de se développer du côté de Kowloon qui se trouve en face du Central District. Les plus hautes tours de la ville états-uniennes d'Atlanta sont très dispersées.

viewoveratlantacs3.jpg

aerial20atlantic2002nz2.jpg

Sorry, I am a pro-progress person. I want Montreal to break free of its over unionized, and overly bureaucratic constraints.

Friggin 901 De Maisonneuve, PdlCI have taken 10 years and still no result. CHUM and MUHC are taking decades to complete... I mean our collective track-record is pretty sombre.

I would die for this project to come to fruition, and will attend public consultations with this group to ensure that our voices are heard... but one cant help but to be somewhat skeptical.. n'est ce pas? :rotfl:

That is what happens when you live in Quebec. Everyone thinks like the French. Yet we barely have ties to France anymore, and we even butchered the language.

Plus you can compare Quebec/Montreal economy to other cities around the country and across the globe and we are lagging behind, because of idiots that ruin it for everyone else. That is the way I see it. I want our economy to grow, but it wont happen when a minority of people will ruin it all for everyone else.

The way I see it. Quebec would be fucked if they became its own nation. Only thing they have going for them now is like Hydro-Quebec. Shit Quebec is in a shitload of debt as it is now. Quebec would probably would fair even better with some major projects.

That is what happens when you live in Quebec. Everyone thinks like the French. Yet we barely have ties to France anymore, and we even butchered the language.

Plus you can compare Quebec/Montreal economy to other cities around the country and across the globe and we are lagging behind, because of idiots that ruin it for everyone else. That is the way I see it. I want our economy to grow, but it wont happen when a minority of people will ruin it all for everyone else.

The way I see it. Quebec would be fucked if they became its own nation. Only thing they have going for them now is like Hydro-Quebec. Shit Quebec is in a shitload of debt as it is now. Quebec would probably would fair even better with some major projects.

Be careful mate, I definitely do not think that the reason we don't get projects is because Montreal is a French city... Language is not a factor at all (except when developers refuse to build here because of it).

I think the problem is that Montreal is too far to the left, and we have prevailing small town attitudes. There are an equal amount of NIMBYs in anglo neighbourhoods as franco ones.

Back on topic,

Je suis en faveur de faire Griffintown un extension de notre centre-ville. C'est seulement logique que ca rapproche la rivière!

Be careful mate, I definitely do not think that the reason we don't get projects is because Montreal is a French city... Language is not a factor at all (except when developers refuse to build here because of it).

I think the problem is that Montreal is too far to the left, and we have prevailing small town attitudes. There are an equal amount of NIMBYs in anglo neighbourhoods as franco ones.

Back on topic,

Je suis en faveur de faire Griffintown un extension de notre centre-ville. C'est seulement logique que ca rapproche la rivière!

I know what you mean.

For me the way I see it. Griffintown doesn't want their little haven destroyed massive new buildings and stuff.

If the buildings were protected by like Heritage Montreal/Quebec/Canada or wtv, I would understand. From my knowledge, they are not. Their time is up.

If you want to bitch and whine on the fact that Montreal is a french city, this is definitively not the right place. I invite you to go on any rest-of-canada forum to do so. If you are unhappy, you can move anywhere else in the world where they might take cash in exange of their culture.

Griffintown est le lieu de naissance de la culture irlandaise au Quebec. Des immigrants anglophone. Ils pourront peut-être eux aussi s'opposer à ce développement...

Yes french has been a strong obstacle to any development here, but I think the seperatist movement was the biggest threat. Now that this is going by, investors are recovering trust in Quebec. Whine and bitch about everything, but not agains't french.

Je dirais que la photo avec le chapiteau est plutôt vieux.

La tour Québecor est pas là encore.

Pour ta 3e photo Elix, je dirai que les tours seraient beaucoup plus imposante et haute vue l'angle de la photo et la perspective. Sur la 2e j'aurais mis les tours complètement à gauche

Mais sinon bravo.