Aller au contenu
publicité

Messages recommendés

Ce terrain me fait penser au College Park à Toronto. L'endroit ou Canderel a construit ses deux College Park Towers et sa tour Aura.

http://binged.it/z88fns

Quant à moi, on devrait en faire un grand parc sur plus de la moitié du terrain et redevelopper tous les bâtiments autours!

publicité
  • Réponses 434
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

Membres prolifiques

Photos publiées

Montreal skyline facing changes

By Allison lampert, GAZETTE Real estate reporter March 16, 2012

MONTREAL - Canderel’s Phillips Square site, long promoted as the future location of a gleaming 900,000 square foot LEED certified office tower is up for sale, The Gazette has learned.

Eager to capitalize on growing demand for buildable land downtown, a Canderel executive said the company wants to sell because it’s already busy with an office project in the Quartier des spectacles, along with plans for a new, soon-to-be-announced residential development.

“Having three (projects) in the same city at the same time was a little too much,” said Daniel Peritz, Canderel’s senior vice-president, Montreal and Ottawa.

The 80,000-square-foot site is hitting the market at a time when vacancy rates for downtown office space are dropping, fuelling pressure for new construction 20 years after the last privately funded tower was built in Montreal. The vacancy rate for Class A downtown buildings dropped to 6.2 per cent during the first three months of 2012, compared with 7.3 per cent during the same quarter last year, a report this week by real estate services firm Cushman & Wakefield said.

Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/entertainment/Montreal+skyline+facing+changes/6310073/story.html#ixzz1pNZI3GII

We'll have to wait and see what the ''soon-to-be-announced'' projet-is. Hopefully it will make us forget about this one. Also there is the old saying: A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

soooo... doesnt that effectively mean the phillips sq tower project as we know it is essentially scraped?...

that doesnt sound like a good news article to me at all

You are a bit late in the news... Yes the Sq Phillips project version Canderel is cancelled. It is now in the section des projets annulés of this forum.

This was an ugly fat-ass building and I'm glad it won't be built. Although I am saddened we won't see *something* there in the short run, let's make room for improvement in the actual design and hope a new great proposition will come along.

cf scraps over 20 floors of hotel floors on the ave des canadiens project and now this ... what does that say about the state of the office market though ... not good :biting:

but yea, this is just one of the few choice lots in the vinicity of phillips square; other than the one on union where a tower is already in the plans, i'm thinking also about the parking lots up the street just east of the bay, and of course the infamous hertz lot on de maisonneuve ... i just hope that the one right on the square receives something high... squares need to be surrounded, this would provide a good counter point to pvm and altitude growing on south western side of it.

• 3 semaines plus tard...
This was an ugly fat-ass building and I'm glad it won't be built.

+1, encore un truc qui aurait été tronqué d'une vingtaine d'étages. Mieux vaut ne pas les faire dans ce temps-là. Ça me convient, tout comme les truc des Diamants.

cf scraps over 20 floors of hotel floors on the ave des canadiens project and now this ... what does that say about the state of the office market though ... not good

If we all pray to the Skyscraper gods, maybe CF will partner up with another Hotel chain, and keep their project at 62 floors.... but we all have to pray really really hard! ;)