Aller au contenu
publicité

Ritz Carlton (rénovations et agrandissement) - 12 étages - 100M$ (2013)

mtlurb

Messages recommendés

Le père de ma conjointe travail comme Maître D'Hotel au Ritz depuis plus de 24 ans. Après une mise à pied forcé de quelques années, il est de retour au travail dans son ancien poste à partir de Lundi prochain. Ils vont passer au travers de 2 semaines de reformation et l'endroit ouvre en début Mai.

publicité
  • Réponses 396
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

Le père de ma conjointe travail comme Maître D'Hotel au Ritz depuis plus de 24 ans. Après une mise à pied forcé de quelques années, il est de retour au travail dans son ancien poste à partir de Lundi prochain. Ils vont passer au travers de 2 semaines de reformation et l'endroit ouvre en début Mai.

C'est une bonne nouvelle. La période de construction a du causer bien des incertitudes pour tous les gens qui travaillaient dans l'ancien Ritz. Retrouver le même lieu de travail rénové sera certainement stimulant. Bon retour.

• 3 semaines plus tard...

http://www.ritzmontreal.com/fr/restauration/maison-boulud/

Salué par les gastronomes les plus réputés, Daniel Boulud et ses établissements ont reçu les plus grands honneurs. Notamment au restaurant de New York DANIEL a reçu trois étoiles de la prestigieuse maison Michelin et quatre étoiles dans The New York Times. M. Boulud dirige des établissements à travers le monde dont DANIEL, Café Boulud, db Bistro Moderne, Bar Boulud, DBGB Kitchen and Bar, Boulud Sud et Épicerie Boulud à New York, ainsi que des restaurants à Miami, Palm Beach, Londres, Beijing et Singapour. Le Chef renommé arrive à Montréal avec le soutien de Dinex Group, la compagnie de gestion qu’il a fondé en 1997 afin d’assurer l’excellence de la cuisine et du service dans ses restaurants.

Président d’honneur de l’édition 2007 du Festival Montréal en Lumière, Daniel Boulud a déjà tissé des liens étroits avec Montréal. « Je suis français d’origine et américain d’adoption depuis plus de 3 décennies. Mon approche comme chef et restaurateur combine les deux traditions européennes et nord-américaines. C’est ce mélange de culture qui me fascine à propos de Montréal et qui me fait sentir très proche de ma ville natale de Lyon, a ajouté M. Boulud.

Réservations

Recommandées au moins 1 mois à l’avance par téléphone ou en-ligne.

Les personnes sans réservations sont bienvenues

Horaires

Déjeuner: lundi au vendredi

Brunch fin de semaine: samedi et dimanche

Dîner: sept jours

Bar et salon: sept jours

I can't wait to try out the restaurant. From what I heard the Vegas (now closed) and New York restaurants, are good but not mind blowing. I am happy, that there will be still tea time at the Ritz.

Modifié par jesseps

Has anyone read/heard an official opening date for Maison Boulud? I remember hearing it would open by the end of May. And I would guess the wooden "platforms" being built out front will be a terrasse, does anyone know for sure?? As for the Ritz-Carlton as a whole I think it is a fantastic project, ahead of everything else in Montreal. I was able to get a glimpse of the penthouses from the rooftop of a nearby building (Sir Robert Peel) and they look spectacular, those who will live there are very lucky and they are a short walk away from everything downtown in addition to all the services and amenities provided by the hotel. Provencher Roy really did a good job on this one (as with the MBAM/Bourgie pavilion, the "new" part covered with white marble), I wish they had more projects downtown.

Modifié par brightlightsbigcity

• 2 semaines plus tard...

http://www.hotelchatter.com/story/2012/5/16/173541/058/hotels/The_Ritz-Carlton_Montr%E9al_to_Reopen_Its_Ritzy_Doors_on_June_1

The super-luxurious Ritz-Carlton Montréal is opening its doors once again on June 1 after an extensive renovation that saw it revamp its public areas as well as all of its rooms and suites.

RCM_Lobby_600x425.jpg

This Grande Dame of a hotel has kept its belle époque style intact in its lofty lobby, Palm Court and Oval Room with coffered ceilings, much marble, and gold flourishes, but they’ve added a contemporary elegance by bringing in lots of whites, greys and textured woods.

The rooms and suites, too, are ritzy (sorry – we just couldn’t resist) with white, grey and yellow in abundance, modern lighting, and luxe decor. They’re a thing of beauty.

This year, the hotel celebrates its 100th anniversary, having opened on New Year’s Eve in 1912. If you, too, want to celebrate your 100th anniversary at the hotel, you can first make a pit-stop at the new Tiffany & Co that has set up shop in the hotel to pick up an appropriate bauble to show your loved one how much you care.

Too bad Tiffany’s wasn’t there when Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor decided to tie the knot in the hotel’s Royal Suite in 1964. That would have been convenient, considering that the couple announced their upcoming nuptials to hotel staff with just two hours notice.

Other notable people who have stayed at the Ritz-Carlton Montréal include Catherine Deneuve, Paul Newman, The Rolling Stones, Winston Churchill, Queen Elizabeth and Charles de Gaulle.

But there’s more. As part of the reno, the Ritz-Carlton Montréal – which prior to the redevelopment had 229 rooms and suites – now has 130 rooms and suites, 35 condo-residences and 15 condo-suites. So good news! With just a call to Sotheby’s Auction House, you can purchase one of these luxurious residences in which to live.

In actual fact, at $1.2 million for 1200 square feet, it seems kind of reasonable, doesn’t it? For all that glam and glitz? And the restaurant downstairs is run by, none other than, Daniel Boulud of Michelin three-star fame for his flagship DANIEL restaurant in NYC. We wonder if being able to raid the kitchen at night is one of the perks of living there.

But for those of us who can’t quite come up with that kind of cash, rooms for the opening weekend range from $425 CAD for a Deluxe King to $900 CAD for a One Bedroom Suite.

[Hotel Renderings: Ritz-Carlton Montréal]