Aller au contenu

Messages recommendés

It's poorly proportioned and does not fit the scale of the neighborhood. On a lot surrounded by grand old masonery buildings this project looks lost and out of place.

It is sad that with all the incredible architects and innovative design and planning going on in the major cities of the world, Montreal gets these sad little, irrelevant buildings especially in such an incredible part of the city. And that no developer has the vision or ambition enough to think outside the box.

• Réponses 36
  • Créé il y a
  • Dernière réponse

Membres prolifiques

It's poorly proportioned and does not fit the scale of the neighborhood.

I can definately agree with you on that. I do believe they could have added a few floors to this thing to make it stand out a little more. I think it would fit better in that area if it had 30 floors instead of just 17.

It is sad that with all the incredible architects and innovative design and planning going on in the major cities of the world, Montreal gets these sad little, irrelevant buildings

I kinda like the design of this building. I like the fact that it will be different from the other buildings in the area.

BY the way, welcome to the board!

Modifié par Habsfan

I love the building design but it could have even more than 39 floors. Why not 40 ? A kind of sliver !! How many appartment aterrain of the sort could have on each floor ? Four ? Times 40 equals 160 appts !! Would be interesting, no ?

the podium alone should be the height of the royal bank, with the tower extending upwards from there. what sort of square frontage would this building present? would those shitty little commercial buildings along peel remain?

this would be a cool condo for the lower plateau. it's not worthy of this downtown site.

When I think about the immediate surroundings... Dominion Square Building, Windsor Hotel, even the Castle Building (coin Stanley) and the Building on the North west corner of Peel/Ste Catherine, they are all beautiful masonery buildings that have a certain volume and presence. The block deserves something at least in the same spirit and scale. This is an incredibly prestigious site.

• Administrateur

Pour une certaine raison, je pensais que le building était ailleurs... mais non comme Kool dit, qui voudrait un condo qui donne sur un mort aveugle (et laid) de la RBC???? c'est con. Faudrait que le Podium soit aussi haut que la tour à côté.

• 2 années plus tard...

Je vois que le dernier post date de décembre 2007... J'aime bien le building, malgré que je sois d'accord que le podium et la tour devraient être plus élevés, à l'échelle des grands gabarits environnants (CIBC, Sheraton, Sun Life). Le haut du "podium" pourrait faire un "L" ou un arc de cercle pour rejoindre et cacher l'horrible mur mitoyen de la RBC à l'avant, tout en dégageant de l'espace pour les fenêtres existantes et créer une pseudo-cour intérieure pour les condos (un genre de cour semi-ouverte, car si je ne me trompe pas il y a une ruelle pour livraisons derrière).

Le projet est-il mort ou en "gestation"?... Comme presque tout le reste de la ville, on dirait! :shiftyeyes: