Aller au contenu

Échangeur Dorval

IluvMTL

Messages recommendés

Nos maires sont loins d'être mieux...

That is true, but it be easier, for us to haul a guillotine in front of city haul. Have them change their way and get shit organized or off with their head. I am just fed up with public servants. In all honesty, we pay for them and we should have the right to fire them whenever we want, when things don't go well. The government should be run, just like any other business. You don't perform, you get the axe. Get rid of the unions, we will see everyone freak out, because the ones that freak out, are only there to get the money and not do their job.

/rant off

I honestly, can't believe they need more time. :biting:

mark_ac,

The Rond-Point Dorval has nothing to do with what you are implying. West vs East, french vs English, Poor vs rich. The Rond point is the Entryway to our city by the main airport. We are very lucky to have an international airport so close to our city and we can even show something worth our time to the new arrival. AND it was a mess before the change of government, so it's irrelevant. Your comment makes no sense.

For fear of being of being political - it's funny how much investments was announced in the "East End".

-Bus/Rapidtransit on Pie IX

-Extension of blue metro line to Anjou

C'est pas comme si ces coins là était 10 fois plus dense que l'ouest de l'ile qui est en réalité une banlieue sur l’île....

Le problème du rond point dorval, c'est que les plans initiaux et le début des travaux ont été fait avant même que tout soit finalisé (entente avec les résidents, l'hotel, le CN, etc..)

Si vous avez déjà fait de la rénovation, c'est la merde quand en fait sans plan initiaux. C'est aussi pire sinon pire si tu dois changer de plan en cour de route.

Et dans une maison, généralement, tu ne dois pas continué a donner le service. La, on a affaire à un vrai scénario cauchemardesque, les plans change mais ont doit continué à fournir le services aux usager. Faut pas juste se casser le cul à s'adapté au plan qui change, il faut en plus, se cassé le cul pour s'adapté au maintient du trafic.

En gros, ça devrais être un bon exemple dans un cours de planification de projet avec une grosse mention "DONT DO THAT OR YOU WILL BE IN DEEP SHIT"

Modifié par Davidbourque

I'm not invoking a political debate here. I'm suggesting that so much attention is being spent on the Eastern part of the island that we forget just how crucial the Airport access is (both rail and road), and how important and immediate action is needed on Turcot.

Public transport to the airport (as part of the west connection) is so much more crucial than a rapid transit Pie Ix solution - my 2 cents

I don't know if I can agree that the eastern part is getting more attention...

The eastern part of the Ville-Marie is falling apart, and repairs have been overdue for a while.

The Pie IX public transit lane is also overdue (the population density is quite high from St-Michel all the way down to Hochelaga); this project has been delayed many times over.

But renovating the infrastructure from the airport to down town is clearly needed (includes Turcot, and a lot of overpasses along the way). And I also agree that we need better public transit to the airport. Tourists must get such a terrible impression of the city on their way to down town. It's embarrassing...

But to put it simply, I don't see any "side of the island" being at an advantage, the whole island is pretty bad shape.

As a long time resident of the East End I can't say I've seen much of all this investment. Only the Metro extension for the Olympics and the new bridge to Laval. As you say everything else is degrading. Rue Sherbrooke has endless potholes. The Lafontaine tunnel is anything but a joy to drive through although it at least works. The Olympic Stadium sits with a roof that doesn't work. Pie IX is a mess right now with construction at Henri Bourassa. I don't want the bus lanes back to be honest. Pie IX and other streets (eg Rachel) seem to be for everything but cars.. bike lanes, parked cars, taxi lanes, bus lanes, turning lanes, right and left arrow lights, school buses with frequent stops, gees in the end there's really only one lane for the cars. The buses will only make it more congested. I've given up and gone back to the 40 and 15 everyday to Laval. Notre Dame is still a congested mess at rush hour thanks in part to the railroad bridge they never widened. Rosemont has been under construction all summer. Driving is aggravating out here, if I don't ruin my wheel alignment swerving around broken roads then I'm stuck in gridlock. Yeah, the metro extension to Les Galeries d'Anjou would be welcomed but I'd also like to see it extended to the West Island too as well as a line from Pie IX into Laval which might help me. I'm for trying something different too.. maybe trams (like most European cities) or cable cars (like Barcelona & New York) or a monorail across the river (under the New Champlain bridge?) or even a high speed ferry from both east and west island to down town.. one that runs every 10 or 15 minutes at rush hour. We live on an island, hey it's developed and hard to reconfigure.. we should give everything a shot to give us all some relief.

I went to the airport over the week end. My father was staying at the Marriott for the night before taking a flight to Florida the next day. I have to say that the Hotel Marriott linked directly to the airport is impressive. The view from the room over the airport's activity is fun to watch with all the planes flying in or out and the cars, taxis, buses and limos driving all over the place. I liked it a lot.

On the other hand, the 747 express bus from downtown to the airport is doing the job, for a fair price, but still way to slow and not something to brag about. A direct train would be much better for a city like Montreal. Then, the Dorval circle is a mess, a complete mess and a shame. Of course if one is not aware of all the delays and problems facing it then one can only think it under construction and should be done by a year or two. But that's already been like that for several years and when I think it could be like that till 2019.....Oh my god !!!

Worst, nobody seems to have a clear picture of what to do and what is to be expected, in a reasonable time frame ! Nobody is even being held accountable and nobody seems to be ''barking'' loud enough to get the attention of the feds. A real shame !

Modifié par steve_36

I went to the airport over the week end. My fathar was staying at the Marriott for the night before taking a flight to Florida the next day. I have to say that the Hotel Marriott linked directly to the airport is impressive. The view from the room over the airport's activity is fin to watch with all the planes flying in or out and the cars, taxis, buses and limos driving all over the place. I liked it a lot.

On the other hand, the 747 express bus from downtown to the airport is doing the job, for a fair price, but still way to slow and not something to brag about. A direct train would be much better for a city like Montreal. Then, the Dorval circle is a mess, a complete mess and a shame. Of course if one is not aware of all the delays and problems facing it then one can only think it under construction and should be done by a year or two. But that's already been like that for several years and when I think it could be like that till 2019.....Oh my god !!!

Worst, nobody seems to have a clear picture of what to do and what is to be expected, in a reasonable time frame ! Nobody is even being held accountable and nobody seems to be ''barking'' loud enough to get the attention of the feds. A real shame !

I guess, the only way to get their attention is by hanging an effigy of the transport minister from the over pass that isn't completed and have a sign saying "get this shit done and stop wasting our money or you will get the axe" In all honesty, if they can't handle the job they should be fired and it Marois doesn't want to fire him. She has to go. She was elected by the people. The people want things to get done and not be going at a snails pace, once again. It is time for all the public servants in this province, to get a reality check. Do what the tax payers want or get the fuck out of office. If they can't handle it, all politicians should have their pay slashed to $0. We will see, who really wants to help this province.

Just shows the incompetence of the PQ government to step in this situation. Massive amounts of taxpayer money is being wasted here and a major and economically important airport is already clogged with traffic. Never mind the fact that it gives an ugly first impression. This is unacceptable!